San Francisco TV reporter expenses 600 of cannabis – but doesnt inhale

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by BongRips, Nov 19, 2014.

1. #1 BongRips, Nov 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2014
    Hey guys, I found this article today while browsing the web: http://www.theguardian.com/media/greenslade/2014/nov/19/a-san-francisco-tv-reporters-expenses-to-purchase-of-cannabis-600. To sum it up Mike Sugarman (a San Francisco TV Reporter) bought $600 worth of cannabis from 12 dispensaries all around the USA. He bought this much to have the potency tested.
    Code:
    His report revealed that the marijuana samples contained far less THC(Tetrahydrocannabinol) than indicated on their labels. And some of buds were riddled with mould and pesticides. 
    Code:
    He said: “It turned out to be a great story and I think one that will really resonate in the community. We're flying blind here. And it's medicine.”His report revealed that there are no food and drug regulations covering the sale of marijuana because the federal government regards it as illegal to sell or use the drug. So federal agencies are not allowed to monitor the product. Sugarman interviewed Don Land, a chemistry professor, who said: “I don't buy anything that hasn't been tested. I don't buy aspirin from someone on a street corner. I go to a pharmacy.”
    Tell me what you guys think of this  :hide:

2. The anti-legalization crowd is grasping at straws at this point. People have been buying and smoking cannabis from street dealers (who knows where their hands have been) for years upon years and as far as I can tell, no one has died from street dealers inventory.
    The FDA allows a certain amount of cockroach legs on certain frozen foods. I highly doubt that they are very concerned about mold on cannabis. Nothing more than anti-legalization propaganda. I'm more surprised that the story came out of San Francisco. I was under the impression that they were a liberal majority that lived and voted there. :confused_2:

3. #4 Old School Smoker, Nov 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2014
    There is not enough info. We need the name and locale of the dispensary and what the label said and what the lab results showed.

4. What a surprise...not.  An industry with very little in the way of oversight is taking advantage of that lack of oversight to willfully mislabel, mislead, and sell inferior quality products.  Sounds like capitalism to me.

5. not really all that surprising. 

if farmers could openly grow their plants and advertise their high quality standards, like you see on foods and spices and whatever, then you'd have a lot less problems like this one. or at least there would be a lot more freedom of choice. 

6. another reason to legalize it

7. #9 SkunkWoodz, Nov 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2014

Link to the article would be really nice

edit- nvm thanks for posting that qualiD