What the Fuck is a Sky Daddy?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Marijuana Kamui, Nov 19, 2014.

1. You always sound like an old friend of mine...

Unrelated: Are you a fellow viking as well, ha?

2. #22 -13 Amp-, Nov 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2014
    this is my problem with "respecting peoples beliefs"...its not a 2 way street...

[​IMG]

3. #23 Dryice, Nov 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2014

If anything you should direct that hatred to Islam. It's actively oppressing free thought and innovation at a greater scale than Christianity is these days. Fuck, the pope even said if you don't believe in evolution you're an idiot. Christianity isn't the biggest religious threat.

4. I believe usually the haters of religion hate Islam as well, as much as any religion, but they show their hate towards what is around them, which in america, is Christians. 

5. I really don't think I came across as pyschotic. I believe in God. Thats it. Sheesh man it was that he couldn't retort back a response for the point that I had brought up. So maybe you interpreted the wrong way?

6. This is a sky daddy.

religion3.jpg

7. Well kinda... I am what you might call "Scots-Nordic." I have mostly Northern Scottish heritage however there are family records where vikings came into the mix and planted their seed in some of the women in my blood line and kept them as wives and even stayed in Scotland. So you see, I am sort of a "bastard viking." :smoking:

I direct the same amount of hatred towards Islam and Judaism as I do towards Christianity. The big 3 monotheist religions all stir up too much shit wherever they go. To be fair, I also respect the fundamental ideologies of these religions. I prefer not to look at extremists or their actions when I judge a religion and I instead look to the actual teachings of religions. I have read quite a bit of the Qur'an and I have thus far been unable to understand where Muslim extremist groups have been able to validate their actions. I find that Islam has a good message and doesn't actually condone any of the acts of terrorism that we see in the mass media today. I have stumbled across things that could easily be misinterpreted, however, they really have to be taken way out of context; to be fair both Christians and Jews also do the same thing with their religious texts.

On a side note I actually dig the new Pope. He isn't a total dick. And once again I don't have a problem with the people who believe in religions. My anger is directed towards the unfair amount of political power these religions have over world affairs.

8. I know everyone's an anti-semite these days, but I never understood that.

9. Never understood why people apply the religious labels to themselves. Fuck being Christian or Buddhist, or Jewish. Just follow your own feelings not what someone else burned Ito your brain.

I have a form of "God" in my beliefs but I would never say I follow any of the barbaric teachings of the big religions out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

And what was that point? Because I'd be glad to finish the debate for him.

11. I am my own god. I worship no deity, I worship nothing, I will not pray to a sky daddy or Heavenly Father, IMO both sound incredibly mundane.

All organized religion is stupid, they all promote blind faith, passive following and become drugs or a crutch, both sometimes. People use religion to justify so many awful things, yet cry and bitch when someone argues about beliefs that differ from theirs. Perfect way to divide a group: religion

I'll do it now. Where did god come from? Since it always boils down to that.

13. WTF is a faith believer? Obviously not a witness of God's love otherwise you would not be saying "fuck"

I am a hypo-christian. I go to church and praise the Lord on Sunday then i burn the church to the ground on Monday.

14. assuming you believe in the christian god,
    how does being a christian not affect your actions? christianity calls for a life of worship. you know your purpose in life. a good tree produces good fruit. jesus says to be sober minded so is it ok for you to smoke weed?

15. Do not ever get smart on the other main religions and how they evolved. The impact on pagans globally was done long before x-ianity and perfected by isalami. The hate of them all has a genetic link that you should open your eyes to. just do not become hate filled, you will get sucked into their world. I think it is easy to pick on x-ians in the west. You hate what the jews did, you are  a bigot. You hate what the mulsimes did and you are some sort of racist.

16. Did I say I was actually filled with hate? I thought I made it clear that I have no qualms with the ideologies of those religions. Please don't take what I said out of context like that and make assumptions about my attitude towards religion because you apparently misinterpreted what I was saying. I am not racist and nor am I a bigot and I find it a little harsh that you would resort to calling me such things with hardly anything to back your claim. If you would read further into what I have posted in the thread in another post you will find that I made it apparent that anything negative that I said towards these religions was directed at extremist groups within said religions and that I have nothing against the religions themselves or those who practice peacefully. My anger is directed towards those who use religion as a means of backing their political agendas; I frankly do not care what the religion is if it is used in that manor. And please, do elaborate on how I was "getting smart" with the evolution of religions because history does not argue with the fact that Christians virtually obliterated Pagan religions in Europe during the Medieval period by deeming them to be heretics and devil worshipers which resulted in the downfall of numerous cultures and a destruction of traditional ways of life for many of my ancestors. I will also acknowledge the fact that while Europe was immersed in the Dark Ages it was the Muslims who preserved nearly all of the historical texts and scientific knowledge that existed before Europe became united under Christianity; if it wasn't for the Muslims reintroducing these 'lost' texts to Europeans during the Enlightenment than the Renaissance would have been delayed for an indefinite period of time. I don't think that everything about these religions are bad, I just disagree with many of the implications their actions have had on history.

17. #37 ProGMOII, Nov 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2014
    LOL, no one said you were hate filled. I think if you go back you will see I stated, do not become like them. Get over yourself on this one.

The Turkmen slaughter Kurds and many other non-believers. Mohamed did the same, he was a wartime general as were most of his immediate muslime key figures for centuries after him.  Uhhm I know the good and bad of all of them. You are stuck on just picking on one. I am starting to think you are hate filled. My bad for giving you the benefit of the doubt.

We need not go into moses, david, and that lot, LOL Lot, get it? Moses was one of the first recorded insurgents and his religion spent eons slaughtering non-believers or pagans, if you believe their books. Euro centric much are you?

18. I am so being called a "sky daddy" tonight

19. I really think you have missed everything I was getting at both times you have quoted me. I was singling out Christianity because it has had the most effect on my life, I was talking about Europe because of my heritage; it doesn't mean I only care about those, it just means that is what I was talking about at the time and nothing more. There is nothing wrong with taking pride in an identity. I am not filled with hatred and I am not opposed to the existence of any of these religions. Once again, my opposition is directed towards religion as a means of abusing power and asserting dominance over another culture. This has nothing to do with the vast majority of people who practice these religions and only applies to a miniscule fraction of those who take their religion out of context and use it to justify acts of violence or as a basis for political ideologies. You seem to be avoiding most of my arguments and replying with out of context stuff like David and Moses and I really don't see what you are trying to get at so I am done here. It was fun arguing with you, but I don't think it is going to get anywhere so... see you later captain :smoke:

20. that everyone including atheist believe in one thing. Cosmic energy