The OFFICIAL GrassCity Family Cookbook

Discussion in 'General' started by tallglassesofmilk, Nov 19, 2014.

1. I shall be cooking something from this cookbook tomorrow night bro, love it! :)

I don't have a magical recipe to add just yet, but I am planning to add some trimmed popcorn to a Pepperoni and sweetcorn pizza later....I feel obliged to give instructions:

1 get pizza 

2 trim popcorn

3 sprinkle it

4 place in oven

5 enjoy :)

I have an idea for an mj infused spaghetti carbonara too, but I'll try it first....my theory is that the trichs will stick to the pasta. :)

2. I cook for living shit ima have to contribute soon.
    Awesome thread guys!

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..💨⛽️

3. Awww yeah! Glad you like it :D

4. As long as you can substitute the cannabis oil for regular oil, I'm all for it!

5. Aloha Nice Thread :hello:

Heres 2 EASY quick ideas
    If you are prepping to cook just for you and you want like a curry sauce for eating over grain or something like that follow this
    red curry paste (unless you make your own powder)
    can of coconut milk
    splash or ponzu (to taste)
    salt (to taste)
    black pepper (to taste)

Brown boneless chicken
    toss in onions, peppers, mushrooms in whatever veggies in whatever amounts you want
    once veggies are almost cooked how you like pour in coconut milk and spoon in 1-2 heaping tablespoons of curry paste stir it in well pour over grains and :yummy:

If you want to do on the pit outside :yummy:  :yummy:  put 2-3 tablespoons curry in the coconut milk mix it up well pour what is needed over the chicken and (you can freeze the rest or add peanut butter and thai chili and use it as dipping sauce (Toms fav)) let it soak in the fridge for a while and put em on the pit outside til brown and crispy on the outside and fully cooked.

If you have some left it makes nice salads or wraps. :yummy:

6. How to make Ramen Noodles palatable: 

Boil/Microwave noodles until ready. Strain water. Take a nonstick pan and apply water to the ramen noodle seasoning. Throw noodles on at whatever temp you want and pour the water in, then apply a small amount of oil. Mix it all together and cook until the sauce is gone, cooked into the noodles. Om nom time.

Seriously. The taste of the sauce to start with is very salty and the texture of ramen noodles are horrible after years of eating them. Like this, you could honestly add veggies and meat and it'd taste AMAZING.

7. #27 tallglassesofmilk, Nov 19, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
    That's awesome.. I have a big ass box of beef ramen I've been hanging onto.. So they sort of taste like a yakisoba or 'chow mein'?

*I'll have to come back and like the recipes when I have more likes

8. #28 tallglassesofmilk, Nov 19, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
    My wife and I are making this tomorrow night for dinner! Sounds incredibly dank!

Edit: I lied... We still had so much chicken and beans and rice and stuff for tacos, we had it a 2nd night in a row. Gonna give this recipe a shot in the next few days, mark my word! Lol

9. The taste varies. So far I've only done it with the chicken ones. Try it with the beef ones. A tip would be try to add a little soy sauce and just a bit of sugar for the beef though.

10. Just made some chicken marinade for later on..

4 chicken breast
    2 tbsp 'chili powder or chili p for the breaking bad fans
    1 tbsp paprika (smoked if you've got it)
    2 tbsp garlic powder
    2 tbsp onion powder
    1 tsp oregano if you like it, if not, fuck it
    1/2 tsp cayenne if you're weak, 1-2 tbsp if you're like me
    1- 1 1/2 tbsp salt
    1 tbsp black pepper
    1 beer, then fill the rest with water
    1/2 a lime squeezed in, then just throw it in

Marinade for as long as you want.. Tastes amazing after like 6 hours

IMG_20141119_131723.jpg
    I like the way you think ;)

11. Man, I could intrigue people with days upon days of peculiar recipes. See.. I grew up on ramen noodles. I was never ALLOWED a healthy diet. It was ramen noodles and burger king. That was it. For years on end. So I learned ways to cook ramen noodles. I learned things to make fast food taste better, like putting french fries and mayonnaise + ketchup + mustard on a McDouble. So burnt out on fast food and ramen noodles you guys don't even know. 

12. Haha I love fries on my burger..

13. Great idea on this thread fellas !

14. [​IMG]

15. Nice thread, milky! :wave: :D :yummy:

I can't take all the credit, it was pokesmot247's idea

That looks incredible!! Lunch??

17. Thank you sir! Feel free to post pics of whatever you're eating or anything food related

18. #38 Heavn, Nov 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2014
    French fries in a chocolate milkshake........and if the fries are hella salty OMG! A good mix was McDonalds fries with a Wendy's shake.

Also do the ramen noodle thing fry it in a pan with water n a bit of oil. Or add an egg in while water boiling it into it.
    My other fav. Topping over any ramen noodle franks hot sauce.

19. this is more of a cute craft, but I made this 'chocolate dipping spoons' as stocking stuffer gifts/little extra xmas gifts to give people :D People love mixing chocolate and dipping things in their coffee/tea/hot chocolate

[​IMG]

I bought pink spoons in dealz (irish dollar store) for €1.49
    I bought some cellophane to wrap around the spoons on ebay for €1.20
    And then I wrapped the cellophane around the spoons with some pink glittery ribbon that I bought for 90 cents :love:

In the picture
    - cake flavoured jelly beans and white chocolate with sprinkles 
    - Normal chocolate with popping candy
    - Nutella smothered in white chocolate with sprinkles

So of course you'll need some chocolate. I'm not a snob (honest!), but I do think you get what you pay for, so make it a chocolate that you actually feel comfortable eating. I used some Milka chocolate from a trip to Switzerland (I bought WAY too much). 

While you melt the chocolate, either in the microwave, or over some simmering water, you need to make your spoons level so that when you pour in the liquid chocolate, it doesn't spill. Then spoon in your chocolate.

Then, go crazy with decorations!! Jelly beans are a must but if you ARE going to be using big sweets/candy, let the chocolate solidify for about 5 - 10 mins so the candy doesn't 'sink'.. it happened to me D:

What I would do for one of those come 3 am every night. :smoking: