Handmade Coin Rings

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by BluntttTrauma, Nov 18, 2014.

1. #1 BluntttTrauma, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2014
    I started making these to pass the time and have had a great response. All are completely hand formed with no magic tricks performed...lol. Some are made of 90% silver coins and some are copper clad. Feel free to post any questions you may have, I have a large amount of stock. They make great gifts!
    20141008_220117.jpg

20141013_163122.jpg 20141005_212711.jpg 20140910_113023.jpg 20140910_113240.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Very creative. How much would a bunch go for?

Pardon the pun, but it would be a bunch of money. Seriously though these are handmade and do take a considerable amount of time to make. But I would make as many as you'd like. ;)

4. I understand. Just gonna do some Q&A on you because I have never seen rings made by coins. How much does one take to make?

5. These are really cool.  I have been thinking about making myself a coin ring for a while now.  What method do you use for getting a perfect centered hole to start out with?  That is probably the only technical part of the process I still need to figure out.  After watching several hours worth of videos on the process I think I have the rest, including annealing, understood.  I agree it is a time consuming process.  If you haven't tried it yet, you can get a nice patina on the silver rings using a boiled egg and a sandwich bag.  The sulfur in the egg will give it a black tarnish all over and you can use a polish rag to clean up the raised areas for a cool contrast.  When it wears off you just repeat the process.

6. Are you selling them? Look slick as hell

[​IMG]

7. #7 BluntttTrauma, Dec 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2014
    Yes finding the true center is very important, but there's ways to deal with it. The best way I have is my trusty eye.The sulfur does work well for patina. 

8. Thank you for the compliment. Yes I'm back to taking orders for the rings. I still have plenty of Kennedy half dollars and a beautiful 1942 Walking Liberty that needs a home. 

9. What are you charging? Ship to Canada? Got pictures of the ones on sale?

[​IMG]

10. I charge $45 for the Kennedy half dollars and $65 for the Walking Liberty. The Walking Liberty is still in it's con form. Paid too much for it to make it without knowing the size I'm shooting for. I can get specific years or coins that someone may want too.

Attached Files: