just got my ass kicked

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by bluntfists, Nov 18, 2014.

1. haha no I didn't at all. but frankly as the cops put it I was lucky I didn't get shot. new mexico is one of those states that supports protecting ones self. they could of shot and killed me and it wouldn't of been a second thought about it.

I wonder what would happen if I show up tomorrow at there house. should I bring weed and or beer? or should I just say fuck it and never go near that house again. they seemed around the same age as me? I am guessing they blaze.

2. Alcohol is more dangerous than cannabis.  Remember that.

3. yeah man I hear that

4. Do NOT take revenge by Burning their house down while they're a sleep in it!

5. nah man no revenge. I understand what happened I would never punish a person for their beliefs.

6. O.P, are you a different race than the attackers? More specifically, are you black, and they're white? If so you have a beautiful hate crime lawsuit in your hands. All you need is that girl to verify that you were trying to come over to her place and got the wrong house, then you will get some sweet legal revenge. You will get a lot of money out of it, and you will ruin all their lives with a hate crime charge. Good luck ever getting employed with one of those.

Regardless it doesn't seem right that they were able to assault you. Here in Canada, you can't just beat someone to a pulp even if they were breaking into your house. Does New Mexico have castle law?

7. nah I am white as snow.... but I couldn't catch what they were.  one guy didn't have a shirt on and I am guessing he is white because he was glowing like a mofo.  I dunno, thinking about it I wonder if they were on some unmentionables. it felt like they expected me.  the cops never even questioned me in front of them. only guy I really saw was when the cops let me out of the car and let me try to put the chain back on my bike. guy came out saying I had a flash light and I walked in the house before they chased me out.

I just said no I remember opening the screen door than being on the floor with someone hitting me. then I asked for my flash light back because I was obviously on my bike in the middle of the night. dude went back inside with out saying anything and the cops went into there cars. I stopped what I was doing with the bike and went between the cop cars and asking about the beanie and the flash light. that's when they told me to take it as a lesion.

8. Go file a police report, as long as you have the girl able to verify she lived nearby and you were trying to get to her house you can have those idiots charged with assault. 

Here is what I dug up for New Mexico

"As a result of this ruling, judges provide a specific instruction to juries in self-defense cases, which states, “A person who is threatened with an attack need not retreat. In the exercise of his right of self defense, he may stand his ground and defend himself.”<sup>[14]</sup>
    It must be noted that those who lawfully use lethal force in self-defense may still face prosecution and have to reference the 1946 Couch decision as an affirmative defense to any criminal charges arising from the incident. Additionally, one using lethal force in lawful self-defense does not have immunity either through statute or court precedence from potential lawsuits by the aggressor and/or his or her surviving relatives."

So going by that, all you did was open the screen door. You did not present an immediate threat to them and it was 3 of them vs one of you. They also beat you down when you were already unconscious, according to the above, they're still fucked in court. 

9. You were drunk. You sure you did not just walk into thier house? I'll bet you did and you don't remember. There is no reason for anyone to kick your ass and call the cops for knocking on thier door.

10. yeah man for sure. thing is I swear this was her house..... no idea if I can prove that in any court. I remember it being obscenely close to my own apt.  like I drove not even a minute down the road and hit my apt.

I dunno I feel like I should go talk to them later today. other than getting my ass beat they seamed like normal dudes. it is a nice area too. I just think if I saw someone at my door like I did that I would of reacted the same.

11. #31 bluntfists, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2014
    nah man I know for sure I didn't go into the house. I remember the real door swinging open really fast then next thing I was on the floor.

I think I have a concussion. the cops kept asking if I need a emergency unit.  one even said I was bleeding on the back of my head but I don't see it.

12. #32 walterbishop, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2014
    I wouldn't go back there man. With your luck, it will turn out the chick you were looking for is one of their girlfriend's. And then you'll get a round two beat down.

13. ok that proves you were drunk and do not remember. First you knocked on the artificial door, and when they did not answer, you tried to walk into the real door. The real door swung open and they kicked your ass.

14.      so the absence of evidence makes me guilty? I know I didn't walk in that door for sure.

15. yaeh I guess you are right. I was kind of thinking of leaving a 12 pack of some good beer and a apology letter. I wouldn't want to get caught dropping it off though.

16. Dude, I was trolling your post. You mentioned a "real" door swinging open as opposed to an artificial one.

And frankly scarlet, I really don't care. You make a post talking about getting your ass kicked, I troll it. Sorry.

He was talking about the screen door Beavis.

18. you were wearing a mask too?! Of course they thought you were breaking in. Take it as a life experience and move on. It'll be a funny story at a party in 5 years.

19. I'll totally join in on this fight. I have a mean right hook!

20. I don't get it.

You got your ass kicked.

Now you want to go back and apologize?

The fuck is wrong with kids these days.