At what age were u left home alone, and for how long

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by NIXXXON, Nov 18, 2014.

1. I was 13 or 14, maybe younger, my parents went a way a lot

2. Can't remember, would have to guess 13 

3. When I was 9 but it was only for like 45 mins until my older brother got home from middle school so he would've been 13-14.

4. Was like 8ish.

Sent directly from my mind

5. My mum left me home alone for like 12 hours or whatever from like 12/13 but my sister was always around when mum was proper away for a few days or whatever.
    My dad, no joke only just left me home alone at the age of 19.

6. #27 TheCruz831, Nov 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2014
    Started at the age of 4.
    My mother went to the grocery store.
    Went sneaking through her bedroom door;
    to find something in a size 4.

Sugar and spice and everything nice wasn't made for only girls!
    GI Joe in panty hose is making room for the one and only

King for a day! princess by dawn.
    King for a day! in a leather thong.
    King for a day! princess by dawn.
    Just wait 'til all the guys get a load of me

If I'm speaking truthfully, home alone meant jacking off, smoking pot and doing any other drugs I had. Good times.

"She was living in a single room with three other individuals. One of them was a male and the other two, well the other two were female. God only knows what they were up to in there. And furthermore, Susan, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to learn that all four of them habitually smoked marihuana cigarettes..... REEFERS"

7. Starting about 9, both of my parents were poor and constantly working.

8. #29 Elektriczzz, Nov 22, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
    null

9. 6, 7. My sister hated being home and my mom worked alot. But it's okay there was 40 acres for me to explore.

10. #31 AR Toasty, Nov 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2014
    I think was about 10, though my uncle and his family lived less than 50 feet away. It was never for very long; as long as it took someone to drive into town for an errand. I was still an only child at the time.

Mum didn't like to do it often, since I was an intrepid little lad. That winter, 10 years old, my mother drove into town to pick up the old man from work. She'd be back in a twenty minutes, max. We'd had an uncharacteristically heavy amount of snow that year, and had recently had a fresh dumping. I'll never forget it; I'd just gotten a snowboard for Christmas. Fuckin' A.

We lived in this old stone house with a high and sloping tin roof; my Dad refurbished the whole thing and did the masonry himself. I'd long ago found a path I could use to scale the stones and climb up to the roof, and when my mum left that day, I grabbed my board and Sir Edmund Hillary'd my way to the top. By the time I prepared myself and got situated, I could hear the car coming back down the road. It was now or never.

They turned into the drive and I hastily went for it. Soaring down the rooftop like a bird, boldly invincible. I hit the edge, ready to take off into the air, my heart felt so triumphant. Then the lip of my board caught something metal protruding from the rooftop, previously buried in the snow. Like pulling an e-break, I immediately flipped upside down off of the roof just like you'd expect in the cartoons. Face first into the rustic wooden fence that edged the house, rough bark and cold, steel wire that caught my arm as I tried to shield my fall. As soon as I hit the ground I was back on my feet, aware that my folks had probably seen the whole thing. I don't even remember this.

I broke my arm, murdered my face, and Mum didn't leave me home alone again for a long time. :laughing:

11. 7 years old       

12. #33 KuroWeed, Nov 22, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
    Nahhh

13. Like 10 or 11? Idk

14. crowded house, so basically never

15. First time 19 to kc about 4 hrs away and 2nd time 21 moved into.town from country then left state to MN and haven't been back.hom.sense my family has come.to.vist me tho

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Prob like 12 or so. My mom was a stay at home mom and my dad worked from home and I also had two older brothers so basically never. And my brothers both still live at home so I've never really had alone time :(

17. #38 TakeAHit04, Nov 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2014
    Don't know what age I was but I was in middle school. My mom had gotten sick and she had to go back to Taiwan cause all of our family was there so she went there to get treatment and left me and my older bro home alone for a couple of months. My parents are divorced so my dad wasn't around and my sister was in college.

Well my older bro decided he wanted to take a vacation somewhere and left me alone by myself for a week or so. He left me with microwaveable dinners and cheesecakes to eat for the week long story short I got sick of cheesecakes for a long time after that. I even had summer school that he was suppose to take me to and he still left lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. Seems a lot of us here have the same problem.... Single parents that always worked so we took care of ourselves... Maybe that's why we all smoke so much haha anyways I was 7 when I would stay home alone. I find it strange that people have babysitters for kids 10+

19. #40 TinTizzy, Nov 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2014
    Baby sat my siblings at 9 while my mom was at work..my dad took my mom to court over it and the judge ruled i was mature enough plus my mom only worked like a mile away