My First Grow - Northern Lights CFL Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by CANandProud420, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Honestly from what i'm telling from all the BIGGER plants in photos is just too low tds, needs more food, def all around you need a base veg formula asap! the base does have calc and shit, so i mean it will address all problems, if you used that for a feeding or two, then readdressed the problem i think you'd find much less problems! perhaps shit like calcium would be solved, the yellowing at bottom working its way up is N def, if you have all all purpose fertilizer, start feeding, start off low and see what happens, if you do nothing theyre gonna die, so you can only learn! :p

the smaller plants look good, so its telling me the plant is eating all in dirt then turning yellow and dying off, you need to add more food! im sure growth has slowed down now too >.>

• Like Like x 1
  2. yeah for #1 & 2 growth hasnt been to much lately, i started feeding that shity schultz at half strenght now, when should I go full strenght ?
    Red spots havent came back at all, the yellowing kinda pisses me off its making my girls uglyyyyyyyy

i know maybe i shouldn't of but i transplanted the 2 oldest (almost 2 weeks in 12/12) from 2 gals to 5 gals the roots took the whole pot tho so maybe i t was a good thing

thanks for the reply bro ill def feed em more now

3. can i be honest with you? my flowering plants are in 2gal pots and do you see how much bigger they are than you? i didnt write this in my jorunal cause embarassed ahah but about two days ago i took the bucket off the smallest to see root system and its fucking empty, there's nothing there, you wont get massive roots if you dont cater to them early on, which i obviously didn't on that plant, on the TD a day younger, the stem is twice is thick easily, i bet the roots are muchhhh more visible, but i was worried i may have stressed it when i checked it didnt come out as smoothly as i thought it would aha kinda broke in half, well the bottom part stayed at the bottom, luckily my plant looks to be doing okay and all is well, yes ideally bigger pot is better, but when you're starting and you dont have it perfect, you're not gonna fill that 2gal REALLY quick :( im still trying to aha

• Like Like x 1
  4. what you got to do is ignore the amount of bottle, because its not meant for what you're doing.. you start off slow, and read the plant, learn the plant, slowly boost it up until the leaves are fucking praying, when theyre loving thev light life is good, you know youre fine, until then very slowly increase the doseage

• Like Like x 1
  5. it's not going to be a instant change either, it's going to atleast take a day, maybe more depending on your medium, so its a slow process but maybe over the next month you'll be able to kind of gauge a doseage

• Like Like x 1
  6. #226 CANandProud420, Dec 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014

hey man, thanks 

so changing size wasnt needed, lol damn i kept thinking I had to, hope i didnt stress em much, when i pulled em out every dot of soil stayed on doesnt that mean it was full of roots?
    ive been giving 3 drops lately and it says 7 on the box is this good? ive never had nuteburn maybe i should up the number since they seem to need more i just dont know what amount could overdose em.

man if i fed em earlier and didnt lose like 30 leaves theyd be much fatter lol

• Like Like x 1
  7. damn #1,2 grew 2-3 inches overnight, when i transplanted i filled the rest with miracle grow .14.14.14 i guess that fed them real good
    #1 was 25 inch its 28 inches now and #2 was 15 inches its 17.5 now so im really happy this morning

• Like Like x 2
  8. #228 nonfiction, Dec 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2014
    you're absolutely right about that! if yuou fed earlier they wouldn't have lost the leaves and the leaves would have been collecting energy making the plant even bigger!!

onward, they are unrelated issues, the dots on leaves mean the plant needs calcium, not the roots need more room lol when you transplant and you pull the plant out of first container, (my td2 is getting dots on almost every leaf now its almost finished) if the root ball isnt so obvious in the medium like mostly white roots, you probably dont need to transplant unless you're going into flower and want to prep or something, 2gal is fine for months as a new grower aha you just need food so the older bigger plants dont die off, dots and other symptoms will start to show until you get a real nute made for growing ;-) or go through organic growers pages and look what they do to boost stuff, i know earth worm castings are used, but theyre as cheap as a bottle of nutes and id rather no dirt, anyways im not the person to ask if you want dirt advice, if you want hydro advice i can help, but the bottom line is you need to buy something now don't worry too much about the height as it doesnt matter, plants stretch, its really no indication of how much bud your final yield is gonna be, hell it might be proof your lights are too far away and your plant is stretching to get the minimum light it needs idk the situation, idk how your plants are looking. if theyre praying if they look mad stretched, idk! but what i do know is posting isnt going to cure the plants, you need to get them some food! i would keep it simple get a good base veg and flower it's that simple!

the leaves are the only indication without a meter if you're feeding properly, every plant has diff tolerances, so you really have to post pictures if you want answers ;-) 

if you keep transplanting using the same soil the roots will grow (And they do grow quick) to new soil and very quickly wipe it clean just as it did the original, probably quicker because it's tolerance and level of food needed is growing! so you really kinda gotta buy something to add to it, some people are using miracle grow, but im a hydro grower, once again youre talking to the wrong person ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  9. #229 CANandProud420, Dec 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2014
    Thanks for your time.

Yup they def grew because of the extra NPK they got because my lights are 3 inches away before I go to bed and they were growing into the lights. Ill try and find better nutes but I know for that it might only be next grow but I get it I will need some to make healthier bigger girls. 

I got my smaller 3 in 2 gal buckets so ill see how that plays out and luckily the red dots only affected 3 leaves and hasnt spread since 

10. That's awesome! Good to know you didn't stunt anything haha

• Like Like x 1
  11. so what are you feeding them? miracle grow now? 

• Like Like x 1
  12. i only used miracle grow to fill up the container, i still use the schultz lol thinking about putting  5 drops next time it says 7 drops on the box 

i heard plants stretch in first few weeks of flowering they were growing into the lights again, heres a pic of #1,2 

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  13. ive got like 8 inches max height of room in my box left for #1 shes stretching way too much and 5 gal container doesnt help lol, you guys think i should attempt to tie the whole thing down a bit? shes 2 weeks 1 day into 12/12 and my box has almost 5 feet of height

14. ever read about LST? :D might be time to learn my friend how to create a canopy :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Yeah I'd tie them down man.
    Any signs of flowering starting? And have the problems progressed any or just kept at bay?

Here's my collection at the moment.

1: group
    2: blue mystic auto
    3: same as yours (nl) but it has been neglecting to flower
    4: big random female. Best in the crop by far.
    5: Random crippled one. Didn't think it was going to survive. The leaves are curled and crunchy, they've been that way since sprout. Must be the phenotype, I kept it to see the kind of bud it will produce.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  16. i didnt think they were autos lol

• Like Like x 1
  17. Yeah I'm about to email the company. Two of the three didn't even germinate. And this third northern lights auto is a pitiful seed.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    lol ive attempted lst but obviously i wasnt too good at it
    ill try to do some better lst on my younger girls since there easier to bend and i found some metal hangars for it ill post my work tomorrow 
    yeah i just tried to tie her down only shorter by half an inch lol i got a feeling if it ties more ill snap the main stem  so idk ill have to look around for a diff way

ive got preflowers pistils and the 2 in 12/12 are still stretching so no bud yet  but i have hopes in a week it will start

looks good man even the last one a bit rough but if she grows why not try it

• Like Like x 1
  19. look up super cropping then aha i do it a bit :p

• Like Like x 1
  20. ive heard of that ill check it out mann