Does this bother anyone else?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Deleted member 469440, Nov 17, 2014.

1. I'm not even sure what message you're trying to convey anymore...

What with all this talk about "weeding" out the weak and then going on about HAARP then something about mutually assured destruction. Just not sure where your going with all that.

The only point I was originally trying to make is that people survive much longer and easier when working together. And the whole bit about how violence being the only way to solve anything couldn't be more off. Thinking like that is an antisocial characteristic and in reality does nothing but harm. Sure it's hard to get people to work together because of petty selfish people who think violence will solve everything but the real smart ones always work together and it just so happens it can work without violence.

It's people that believe that the only way is violence that perpetuate the violence.

Not sure why you implied that all I would be able to contribute in a emergency is being contatntly raped but I sure as hell resent it.

And no we're are not hard wired to be parasites, if we were we would actually be parasites. Instead we are the highest functioning creatures on this planet. So much so that altruistic behaviors are a staple of our species. Parasites are anything but altruistic and while many humans can act as though they are a parasite it's only to the detriment of the majority that are nothing like them.

I too have a good majority of family that have served. Their experience that they instilled me almost assures I would never enlist. War is indeed hell. It's frought with death and misery and causes uncalculable amounts pain. It should be the last of all the options but it seems it's used more of business to make money nowadays than anything else.

And lastly you saying the world is dark and bleak. Well no shit, I'm actually sure it's worse than you think it really is.

2. if i read the first post i could say for sure if it bothered me or not

3. #63 psychon0_420, Dec 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2014
    Well to each their own, I don't like argueing on the net it's pointless...  Just sum questions, what is your interpritaion of what SHTF means and what would cause it if not mass panic and death derived from a catostrafic desaster/ war?  I hate war, but I've always been fasinated by the stratagy behind it.  Unfortunately when the stores are raided of food and pharmacies ravaged for a sick persons last perscriptions  with in lets say 36 hours. whats left but chaos?  If they had a problem with water in Katrina what about food and meds like insulin/ blood presure pills?  Just because we have a highly evolved brain doesn't mean we are the kindest.  We have supercomputers that analize what a "swarm" of stupid people do when things turn into "bizzaro-world" (superman referance).  We know what people do in these situations.  What do YOU think would stop people from looting and the violence?  I'm all for it!!!!  Sign me UP NOW!!!  Tell your secret to the military, you'll be a very rich person!  Just curious how you plan on doing this...  Logiccally.  I'm all ears.

All I know for sure is I have my Survivalism!!!  Plans A-E...

**PS**  Altruism is actually and very sadly proven MATHEMATICALLY that it's necessary for our survival.
    Cite: "Dark Matters: Twisted but True" TV show season2, episode 3, "Killed by Kindness", and many online math articles here's a link;   http://www.dailygood.org/more.php?n=3445

4. #64 Malt-Liquor-Kitty, Dec 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2014
    You're totally right, to each their own.

Not trying to argue either, just asked a few questions so I could better understand your veiws and then presented my own. And I actually did agree with a few points you made about preparedness.

"Altruism is actually and very sadly proven MATHEMATICALLY that it's necessary for our survival."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I don't understand why you said that it's "very sadly" proven to help with human survival. Wouldn't it be a good thing that helping each other is almost inherent to humans? Wouldnt that thought make you happy instead? I certainly think it's a good thing.