Does this bother anyone else?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Deleted member 469440, Nov 17, 2014.

I don't know, dude. We need a pretty big "shit hits the fan" moment if i'm ever going to be part of this "end of the world" mass orgy.  :yay:

2. #42 pussyslut, Nov 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2014
    I think it is because we are inevitably ruled by fear. Until we know what happens to our souls ( or energy or consciousness or whatever you want to call it) for 100% certain, we are scared to the core of death. We don't understand it, a lot of people run their whole lives around it, we focus on it.  I think that panic and fear are what causes us or any animal really to act out in a "Either I kill you or you will kill me" mentality.  I think if we understood our role and how things went, we probably wouldn't be so scared of dying and we wouldn't react so violently to things when the risk of it happening is present. But then again.....the human species would dwindle pretty quickly if nobody cared about living so maybe it is something necessary we need to have in us in order to survive?

fuck I'm stoned......I'm sorry I shouldn't of clicked on this lol 

3. #43 Infinite Experience, Nov 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2014
    I love the idea of humanity coming together as a community, but let's be honest and realistic here, with the boundaries that are created by living in an organized society, it would be extremely difficult for most people to have to adjust to living outside those boundaries, I'm sure there will be a good sized group of people who would do just fine, but human's are the greediest motherfuckers on the planet man, I don't know I just don't see it happening

4. Yea i guess i'm just wishing for peace here lol. :smoking:

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. #45 Elem3nt17, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2014
    Peace or no we are fucked either way as far as I can tell. Some days I have a bit of hope but most days none at all. Humans are way too careless and greedy.

We are slowly trashing the planet. We know all of this happening and we refuse to do anything serious about reducing our dependency on fossil fuels, and we probably never will because it's not profitable to the well established companies in the oil and gas industry to try and market free or renewable forms of energy haha. Planned obsolescence is at an all time high, we always have to have newer faster toys and we assume we will always have the resources to continue on with this frivolous throw away life style. Trash is everywhere in our oceans, our beaches, our forests. I go for a quad ride out along cut lines in REMOTE northern forests and im just disgusted by what I see, hundreds of burnt out cars, and trash oh my god the trash is everywhere, it looks like the fucking apocalypse. We seem intent on destroying an ecosystem which is really very interconnected and fragile, one wrong species of plant or animal dies off and we could literally set of a chain reaction that we cannot possibly handle.

In a time where we need globalization more than anything else, globalization cannot be trusted because the people running the show cant be trusted. Extremism is at an all time high and as time goes on things will only get worse. The world population is so high most people are completely dependent on the system and commercial farming, take it away and billions would starve in a matter of weeks. I could go on for days about how we are fucked but I wont..hah

6. It is sad, if we could of embraced one another from the start I think we might have been a way more advanced human race.

7. So much hate / Nazi hunting. No more witch hunting

8. Lol, i'll just head towards the desert when y'all start looting and killing each other, and I'll be safe because you'll all die there :D

9. I've thought about this end of western civilization. Even though I am going to school to become an actor, I plan in taking emt classes in the summer.

Alot of people will die from the initial chaos. Then you will need people who have skilled trades. Welders, medics engineers etc.

Ask yourself, if our way of life was to suddenly end , what would you do in the new world?

10. I am a water witcher. Should be safe.

11. I want to be a news anchor after the SHTF because everyone will be needing news.  That or a video game tester.

12. Name ONE thing that couldn't be solved by violence if it where legal??  Bet ya can't, and if you do I will disprove it.

At first in a colapse it's everyone for themselves?  Remember Katrina?  I don't think they sat idially and sang Kumbiah or sum dumb shit waiting to die.

Survival of the fittest my friend, hypotheticcally of course, if people where tossed into a hole, didn't know eachother and it's filling with water, no ladder.  It's only 3x higher than a peron stands, What do you think would happen?  They would claw and try to climb over eachother to get out.  Sure if you step back and look at it logically, You would have to make sacrifices of the weakest to be the base for your escape.  Sure they could boost ya up but then again that's self sacrifice.  But after the initial experiance of being burried alive and getting out, sure form a comunity then and set out to get the people that made you a lab rat.  All I'm saying is the initial shock of it all will create chaos.

If a loved one died do you think you'd just think it's the natural cycle of life, or would you be so upset you couldn't predict what would happen. Now to throw in a twist, you saw that a person killed your loved one...  What would you do?

I have a much better example that happened this century that would discribe this sooo much better, but by using that analogy might (or most deffinately) enrage a few people.... 

13. #53 Sanguine, Dec 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2014

•  Civil disputes...e.g who gets what in a will. My brother is getting the house and I'm getting the car, I know, I'l just kill him and take it? yeah, no. 
    • Poverty - If violence gets people what they want, then wealth is going to get re-distributed, this will most likely end up with more poverty
    • Greed- Tieing in with poverty, if people can get what they want through violence then oh boy is there gonna be greed in this world of yours
    I shouldn't really have to go on. I think violence will not work as a means of 'getting shit done' in the 21st century. Most people realise that violence creates more violence...so creating a 'system' that revolves around violence/corporal punishment will only generate more violence, until we all kill each other. 

Also, Katrina is completely different. That is simply greed, people see an opportunity to take without paying and (some but not all) take that option. 
    \nOh and if 30 people were thrown in a hole in the ground, I for sure would rather organise a human pyramid to get half of us up, and then the other half form a human chain in order to pull the rest up. That seems much more appealing than a free for all where only a few are gonna get out alive.  Were not animals anymore, acting like animals will get you nowhere. 

14. #54 psychon0_420, Dec 16, 2014
    Cival: If your a psychpath yes.
    Poverty: Robin Hood, steal from the rich and redistribute to the poor.  War is GREAT for bussiness unfortunately, after the wars we've been through we always come back stronger and richer...
    Greed: isn't that already running parralel to violence??????

I NEVER said you'd like the answers and I personally don't agree with them but yes, it does solve pretty much everything...  unfortunately.

The ultimate nuclear option is "weeding" out the weak or population control...

Violence doesn't have to be the process of death and bloodshed, but just the general idea of using and abusing power to "get things on the agenda done."  Someone gets in a powerful persons way, they get removed or stepped over.  Rinse and repeat...

I thought you'd ask something like world peace or world hunger or something selfless...  But Whatev'

15. Shiiit, we fight with each other over TV's that have a 25% discount.

If something like OP's talking about ever happens, it will be the least civil we'll ever be.

16. When one thinks "everyone for themselves" then one would be no better than an animal, the exact opposite of what humanity is and strives for. Those will be the people out in the cold and or dead in the wake of true humanity.

We are creatures that can plan and act beyond natural impulse and emotion. That's what has kept us alive and brought us to the level advancement we are at.

Those that can keep a clear and concise mind will be those working together and surviving. those will be the people to drive humanity on.

Like it or not, we need each other. All of us.

""The ultimate nuclear option is "weeding" out the weak or population control...""

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I don't even know what that statement is supposed to mean... We should use Nuclear weapons for population control? Using Nuclear weapons doesn't "weed out" the weak, it kills every living thing, weak and strong.

17. #57 psychon0_420, Dec 16, 2014
    A "nuclear option" is the strongest and most influential option on the table, NOT a BOMB!!!  Population control is the ultimate form of conformity to governments, or the insiders that pull the strings of governments.  We CAN control the weather, ever hear of HARP (sp? it's an acronym)?  So lets say if a country doesn't agree with our ideas or "get in the way", whoops there's a sudden and completely unexpected weather occurance that cripples society for a while.  Consider their opposing opinion "neutrilized".  They rebuilding of their infrastructure is priority ONE.  Then the subject that was on the table is on the side burner then.  Stuxnet seemed to work that way, and SOOO many more neither you nor I know about...

PS Katrina was the PERFECT example!  The government said trust us you'll be ok...  They couldn't even provide enough water...  Name other times SHTF and chaos didn't follow, on a large scale.  Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it!

Maybe you should assemble a group before a collapse happens.  Do you have a plan?  Or even a Passport?  I do!  Skills and people power is the answer to your worries.  The thing is always have SEVERAL plans and practice surival, or what attributes do you have to contribute to help building a new comunity????????????  Stress Releaser?  LOL.

Gardeners are absolutely VITAL for ALL human survival.  Do you know any other plants to grow?  Have seeds?  Have protection from theives?  ect.

18. #58 Malt-Liquor-Kitty, Dec 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2014
    So, holding the threat of nuclear attack and or weather manipulation over a country to enact population control is the method you suggest?

And as much as I enjoy the conspiracy theory that is the government's nefarious use of the HARRP technology, it's use for coercion does not seem probable at all. I mean, the government would have to come out about its use like: "All that bad weather you've been having, yeah thats us and if you want it to stop, curb your fuckin'". And that would be a great way to start a world war.

But I do agree with your view in that agricultural skills will be some of the most important. Hell, everyone should have a green thumb.

EDIT: forgot to address this: "Maybe you should assemble a group before a collapse happens. Do you have a plan? Or even a Passport? I do! Skills and people power is the answer to your worries. The thing is always have SEVERAL plans and practice surival, or what attributes do you have to contribute to help building a new comunity Stress Releaser? LOL"

Not to toot my own horn but having emergency medicine training as well as agriculture education and animal husbandry as skills will help me quite a lot. So not too much to worry about here with my plans. I'll just be using those to help others and not just myself.

And as to you saying saying I would be a "stress releasor", I don't understand what insult you were meaning if any.

19. #59 As Above So Below, Dec 17, 2014

Can't wait for the collapse.

EDIT: If you trust the government to help you once the collapse happens, you deserve to get fucked, hard!

20. #60 psychon0_420, Dec 17, 2014
    I was under the beleif that HAARP was patentented with the intentions to manipulate the ionisphere to redistribute the earths high and low preasure systems; throw a little math in the mix and you have a super weapon that wipes out countries without starting war...

M.A.D.- mutally added destruction!  NOBODY except a lunitic ie ISIL (don't call them ISIS, one of my fav. TV shows "Archer" used that acronym and now they stoped the show after the attacks!!!) or a "lone wolf" ( I HATE that term cuz' wolves are awesome, they should be rats...) would ever use a nuke/dirty bomb in the theatre of war nowadays!!  Now we have lasers... rail guns... and not to mention dark matter bombs (take 5 minutes a google one of them LOL)!  Thinking of those should make someone get goosebumps...  Anything like those go off and I don't want to live through it, it's scorched earth, nothing left, hardly a memory...

I used the term stress releaser as a less harsh way to discribe a constant rape victim unfortunately...  WELCOME to WAR?

Pot smokers are the MOST passive people I've ever had the displeasure to convice that the world is a dark and ugly place.  Your ideas sound good on paper but would never work as intended if something catostaphic happens.  which it always will!!  just depends on when...  Hopefully no one here has to see the astocities that war brings...  I don't think anyone here would want to live half a day in a world like that!  I know I wouldn't want to live through fallout or anything...  has anyone on this page ever served their country?????

Are brains as humans are hard wired to be a parasites.  We take what we need and only want more when that runs out!
    Get off the radar now and make your own society!!!  But you obviously never lived through a war... I come from a family who's life was devoted to making this country free, but you couldn't live a day in their heads without contimplating suicide or some crazy shit.  War is HELL!!!  No truer words have ever been spoken...

If you had to shoot a 12year old girl in the head because she's wired to take out a strike force, if you have to hesitate on what choice has to be made, it's already too late... 

Be proactive and learn skills now while you can!  Tell close friends and family of your ideas and see if they will join your collany.  I don't care if you are of the highest echelon of the human race, gold doesn't buy loyality, it just weighs me down!  If you can't help me survive through the day and nite, and I have your 6, keep on hiking bro, you'll be left behind from my tribe!

Shit I'd take that gold actually and buy my way to Costa Rica! Perfect!

**PS**   There's an awesome show I think everyone on this thread would like, it's call "The Collany".  It's about a bunch of people have to restart a society after a catastrophy.  it's on netflix and it's awesome.  I agree we MUST come together at a SAFE point after the initial "shock" of things, but bunker down when that "fan" is spinning.