Does this bother anyone else?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Deleted member 469440, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Everytime i read a thread or hear anything about shit hitting the fan(EMP, grid failure, etc), that alot of people would riot, kill, basically every man for himself/family. Why does nobody ever talk about staying calm and coming together as a community instead of letting chaos reign? :confused:

:smoke:

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Not at all. I'll be locked and loaded, bring it.

We can hardly do this when shit is calm, what makes you think it will happened when the system collapses.

3. It's more like i wish it would happen when the system collapses. If it did it proves we don't need the system, ya feel me? :smoke:

4. Because it would never happen like that? 

5. Because on a primal level, humans are hard-wired to instinctively prepare for the absolute worst-case scenarios of such situations.

Personally, I couldn't bring myself to harm or kill another human being. Violence only begets violence and I refuse to aid in its spread.

6. Coming together just makes more sense to me. It could be the whole community united, or everyone for themselves. Being united just seems like better odds :confused_2:

7. Because people look out for them and theirs..even more so in an "end of the world" scenario.

Most people just aren't concerned about anyone else

8. I'd come together with my FAM and extended FAM. The rest of you can go to hell. Figuratively speaking.

9. well..after reading this above me im glad that in a shit hit the fan emergency..that im prepared to go it
    alone.......but it might be worth noteing that those words may come back to haunt people ...just sayin

10. We DEFINITELY need a system.

11. Because thousands of years of human existence has proven that in a situation like that, humanity never comes together.

12. Lol true. Maybe one day people won't need the system to at least be civil. Today is not that day :(

13. We will have to evolve into another species for that to be the case. It is not in our nature to behave with civility towards everyone. We only really have the capacity to truly care about a handful of people. And everyone else can go fuck their mothers.

14. I'm all for peace man. 

I have so much first aid shit from my job I could set up a little clinic.

BUT I SWEAR TO GOD YOU TOCH MY WOMAN OR MY CATS YOU GETTING PLUGGED.

But if people were cool I would be cool.

No, grouping is a part of human nature. Multiple groups inevitably come together to form a system. Empathy only extends so far, you can't expect everybody to look out for one another without basis. A system can provide that basis. Even without a basis, tribalism or hunting and gathering is still a system.

16. It's usually the unprepared that want to share.

17. Because the whole fighting for freedom comes into play and everyone knows a peacefull riot isn't doing anything useful

but think of it this way...when shit does decided to hit the fans what are people gunna do cause I see this happening

internet type services things go down so no banks and malls and stuff will only stay open for a limited amount of time and youll have no money anways and guess what everything gets paid for wiff money and then no phones and since we are merging into a world were people only seem to be able to function with a phone for commuinating with people unlike before when people would vist each other theres going to be very little contact
    so now what do you do... you wait for the t.v to turn on and tell you what to do or you risk going out in the streets and risk being labled something and shot on site by the trained army people

sorry people but money controls everything and if you don't believe that well then I feel bad for you cause when those people start doing what they wanna do no ones going to be able to stop them unless that thing they believe in comes down from the sky and puts a stop to it

so basically...if shit does hit the fan were all screwed anyways because someone somewhere wont like it and start a war and its not like back in the day when people duked it out with there fists people are gunna go all chemical warefare and start dropiing bombs and shits going to get very therious very fast lol

and yea.. :)

18. Holy shit dude, what is punctuation. That was the most painful read all day.

19. #19 travel2much, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2014
    Agreed!

20. #20 Deleted member 469440, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
    I'm sorry, but you lost me.. lol