Molasses, EWC and Bat Guano tea?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by tallglassesofmilk, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Sup erryone!

Okay so I have this bottle of Fox Farm big bloom. Its most of the way full still. I have a question.. I know people use molasses and earthworm castings to make a tea full of beneficial goodies.

Would it be a good idea to take a tablespoon of molasses, a tablespoon of big bloom (bat guano and ewc) and add it to a gallon of water?

Also, should I shake it here and there to airate the mixture?

Lastly, would a mixture like this be a good thing to feed to plants in veg/bloom? If one more than the other, why?

Thanks everyone!!

2. I'm pretty sure this would work just fine, I can't see why not. I don't use that line so I'm not sure but I think bloom is for flowering, it should say on it.

3. #3 Andromeda, Feb 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2015
    It's weird because I was just thinking of trying the same thing with all of my fox farms but using an actual brewer, how did this turn out btw?

Big Bloom can be used in any stage, veg or flower.

4. Found out big bloom is very cheaply made and has table salt as an ingredient. I gave the fox farm stuff away.

5. It works though, I used it last year and got pretty good results; it's nowhere near the best i'll be starting with organics when I finish a few grows with bottled nutes.

6. #6 beerbrewer, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2015
    Go organic now. You have to. There is no bottled nutrient you can buy that is the same. Build a soil. There are many threads in the organic section that can show you how. I would love to help. It takes some research and a commitment but it pays off. Week 4 of flowering...hopefully the pic doesn't come in sideways

When I tell you to go organic now I mean you need to start gathering all the ingredients. With organic growing you have to prepare which is prolly the #1 reason why people use a bottled nutrient. I can go buy a bottle today and use it when I get home. Organically growing means you have to prepare to garden that way. You have to buy the ammendments and mix everything, then let it cycle for a month before you use it. Is it worth it? Fuck yeah. Is it easier? Fuck yeah. Is it cheaper? Fuck yeah. Can you reuse the same soil? Fuck yeah.
    Organic gardening is basically figuring out what needs to go in the soil mix at what ratio and then mixing it all up and waiting until you can use it. Somebody that is used to planning for life will do it best. Somebody who flies by the seat won't be able to.

Attached Files:

7. Or you could just use coco coir and perlite with the -3ad formula. Very innexpensive, yields like a son of a bitch.

8. Inexpensive? Yeah no.

9. Nice job editing your post lol.

10. #10 tallglassesofmilk, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
    Why was this thread brought back up again? So you could act high and mighty?

Somebody that is used to planning for life will do it best. Somebody who flies by the seat won't be able to.

Seriously? Lmao..

11. Wow, you spit some KNOWLEDGE in that post. My brain hurts. Define and explain your position. Otherwise grow a pair and then get back to me.

12. #12 tallglassesofmilk, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
    You have your method, I have mine. I made a simple suggestion bro.

I can take from your - edited after my comment - post, is that you don't like the use of bottled nutes.

You said, " Is it worth it? Fuck yeah. Is it easier? Fuck yeah. Is it cheaper? Fuck yeah. Can you reuse the same soil? Fuck yeah."

Where in all of what you posted was there knowledge?

Yes, anyone can go to the grow shop and buy bottled nutrients, a medium and start growing. Anyone could also buy amendments, let them cycle and then start a water only grow.

My position is that you can get a brick of coco coir and some perlite, literally $25 in bottled nutrients and some Epsom salt and yield very well without needing to wait a month to do so. 5 product total, around $50.

What is easier about a water only grow?

When you say its worth it, what did you mean? As in, the quality of the finished product?

I've been reusing the same coco coir flushed out with water and it works great. Roots and all.

I'm really not looking for an argument.. I'd prefer to make a friend, honestly. I just didn't understand why you went back and edited rather than simply discussing this.

13. #13 beerbrewer, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2015
    I didn't quote you before I edited nor did my edit pertain to you. All I did was add more info for the person I quoted. What's your beef?

EDIT SINCE YOU SEEM TO THINK THAT IS SO IMPORTANT TO MENTION EVEN IF IT DOESNT PERTAIN TO YOU, AT 7:08 PM WEST COAST TIME SINCE IT MIGHT HAPPEN WHILE YOU TYPE YOUR OBVIOUSLY SNARK RESPONSE...

The person I quoted expressed an interest in growing organically. All I feel I did was educate them on the time frame as well as a way to find more knowledge about it. Again. What is your problem?

14. Right but the guy (or girl) who you're talking about, that you quoted, was talking to me lol. I didn't get a chance to respond. Once I did, I saw your post edit (4 minutes later) about how you need to start now and its so much better and easier and people who grow organically plan better in life or something.

Again, dude.. Its no big deal.. I just wanted to explain my method to them and you beat me to it. You have your method, I have mine.

15. Ok I will play with you. I have 18 plants in 2 trays. Each tray is 4x4. I built a scrog netting for this current run, 18" from pot height. Each tray has 9 plants in 3 gallon smart pots sitting on a 3" bed of perlite.

I made this soil as a till from a previous run. I took the soil from the last run and put it in a whrelbarrow. I could fit 18 gallons in my wheelbarrow so this took me a whole night to do it twice. I dumped all the old soil in the wheelbarrow. I then added 1/2 cup each of rock dust, homemade compost/worm castings and then neem meal. 1/4 cup each of kelp meal, alfalfa meal, and crab meal. I mixed it up and then moistened it with some molasses That was 7 weeks ago. Since then I have watered the perlite at about 5 gallons per tray with aerated water. And that is what I took a picture of and provided. 3 week veg and 4 weeks since the flip.

16. Looks like solid work to me! Sip seems to beat the pants off of the traditional top feed/hand feed.

17. I said neither was it better nor easier. Just cheaper.

18. Lmao dude you're killing me..

19. I'm over it but good luck on your grow man. Like I said, looks like good work to me.

20. My bad lol. Yea it is easier and cheaper. I can prove either one. 5 IPA'S and a half joint of organic purple diesel will do that to your memory.