Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Make Medical Marijuana accessible for Veterans with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder in the State of Louisiana

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by icthib, Nov 15, 2014.

1. #1 icthib, Nov 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2014
    PLEASE READ MY STORY, SIGN, SHARE, AND SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT MY PETITION FOR CHANGE. THANKS TO ALL WHO SUPPORT ME IN MY ATTEMPTS TO BRING CHANGE IN MY STATE
    https://www.change.org/p/barack-obama-bobby-jindal-louisiana-state-senate-make-medical-marijuana-accessible-for-veterans-with-post-traumatic-stress-disorder-in-the-state-of-louisiana

No Veteran deserves to struggle from the internal wounds of war without access to NATURAL and PROVEN Medicinal Marijuana. I was medically retired on 10 AUG 2014 for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Cervical Syringohydromyelia, and Thoracic Syringohydrom<span>yelia. Before ever being discharged I researched everything I could about the medicinal benefits of medical marijuana for the treatment of PTSD and pain. Upon retirement, I chose to turn to growing medical marijuana. I came off of 5 different man-made chemicals, and only taking 1/6 the prescribed amount of one along with medical marijuana. Why did I grow marijuana, first off I researched the medicinal benefits of the strain I grew to ensure I was treating symptoms I have. Secondly, I am not a criminal, I don't deal with criminals, and would never support buying marijuana off of the streets that more than likely comes from drug cartel! I was arrested on 16 October 2014 for Cultivation of Marijuana with Intent (FELONY- It was grown for personal use), Obstruction of Justice (FELONY- Because as soon as I knew cops were coming I attempted to burn it), Illegal Use of a Firearm (Misdemeanor- For having a perfectly legal Glock 23 in a house where marijuana was being grown), and Child Endangerment (Because my son and girlfriends daughter were here, we were minutes from leaving to go to a parade). Upon my arrest I was placed in Beauregard Parish Jail, were I was treated as an animal in a cage. The only medication I was still taking at the time was Clonazepam .5mg, a medication I have been on since January 2013. I was not given my medication, not a single "Correctional Officer" made any attempt to hear my cries for help, I was never seen by a nurse or doctor! The second day in jail I had a severe panic attack. From what I remember I was standing in the corner shaking, there was another inmate banging on tables around, and I began experiencing bad flashbacks. I stumbled to the phone to call my dad, to relay to him that I felt they were going to let me die in there. The last thing I remember is picking up the phone to call him....As described by inmates, I hung up the phone and began shaking uncontrollably and was completely unresponsive. They cried out for help from the "Correctional Officers" who at that point placed me in a wheelchair...I awoke in the "Hole", the place they put people who are in "Trouble". I had marks on my back from being dragged into the cell, other inmates witnessed this as I fell out of the wheelchair, my shirt was almost black with unknown hairs and fluids all over it. I cried out for help, nobody did anything for me, in fact I was told that if I didn't stop they were going to spray me with pepper spray. I sat in the "hole" for approximately 18 hours, given no medical help, allowed one phone call, and one shower in that time period. After being taken out of the hole I continued to ask for help, I got nothing from anybody. A "Correctional Officer" there who went by Steve, brought me into his office and attempted to explain why I was dragged into the hole "Because they couldn't pick me up and put me back in the wheelchair", explained why I could not get my medicine, but could not give me a reason why I could not get medical attention. He said "Until you are having a seizure there is nothing we can do, our nurse in not in". I said to him "I need medical attention, I am not going to die in this place with my son knowing the last thing he saw in his daddy was him being arrested"....his response was and I quote "I don't want you to die in here either, thats way too much paperwork". So without medical attention the entire time I was there, being treated as any other criminal, and having to breathe and meditate myself through many panic attacks and seizure precursors. If the officers had shown any care they could have researched this themselves but here it is: </span> Risks of Abrupt Withdrawal: The abrupt withdrawal of Clonazepam, particularly in those patients on long-term, high-dose therapy, may precipitate status epilepticus. Therefore, when discontinuing Clonazepam, gradual withdrawal is essential. While Clonazepam is being gradually withdrawn, the simultaneous substitution of another anticonvulsant may be indicated. So now I am considered a "criminal" for doing something perfectly legal in many other states, I am unable to use due to these legal issues, and back on all medications that do little to nothing for me. WE NEED CHANGE! BY WE I MEAN THE VETERANS SUFFERING FROM THE EFFECTS OF WAR AND UNABLE TO ACCESS THIS WONDER MEDICATION!

Attached Files:

2. Hi man,

I'm sorry to read about your struggles. I've got a bunch of stuff I'd like to say to you but would you mind sending me a PM? I signed the petition, donated to get another 50 the message, and I have a referral for you I think could help, plus I'm willing to jump on board with the efforts. We have a lot of stuff in common. 

Peace,
    RedSky