Sparks Indoor LED Organic OP

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by sprkn1, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Props..

Nice work

2.   I've watched as several people built brewers only to put them on the pile of previously abandoned grow stuff.. Don't we all have a pile of stuff that didn't quite work out like we hoped or planned ??
      Didn't want to make that mistake again when I bought a big enough air pump and stone for making MBT.. (malted barley tea)..
    An 8 inch air stone and a matching 3/8ths pump is getting the job done nicely

http://www.greenerhydroponics.com/EcoPlus-Air-Stone-Disc-8-in-_p_77861.html
    http://www.aquacave.com/eco-plus-5-commercial-air-pump-80w-88l-min.html?fee=1&fep=776&gclid=COqZ-t7itMICFVJhfgodTiYApw

3. Thanks ninja, hoping to be rocking girls indoors soon enough like ya'll have been doing.

Brass, thanks for that heads up. That's exactly what I'm afraid of, but seeing your set up, I'm guessing instead of going with a regular pump from the pet store and go with a better rated commercial pump, it should suffice. What sized container are you using to mix? I'm guessing the air stone covers a decent part of the diameter as well to provide sufficient surface area agitation.

•• 🍁 ••
    -CA Prop215 & SB420 compliant-

SparkNOne's Tactically Required Knowledge

4. Reminds me of the chiller ill soon build
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4DHZfI0ix4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

5. View attachment 1640258 View attachment 1640259
    A couple of the Chicago Kush seeds popped and got em in solos in rapid rioters.

View attachment 1640264 View attachment 1640265
    Topped the blackberry today and saved cut going to try and root it out. She's a stinker and has a very distinct berry skunk to her, I'm hoping she turns out to be female, I'll probably flip her by the end of dec and flower her out keeping my fingers crossed. If it turns out to be female, I've got a great feeling about this one just like I did with the Chi Kush seedling.

View attachment 1640309
    So far everything looks good and happy. Still none of the other cuts have rooted but they look healthy. Will probably give em til the end of the month. Going to pop more seedlings, likely depending on whether or not the cuts root.

View attachment 1640334
    These two cheese seedlings are looking nice, finally getting some growth. Definitely stunted but going to leave em be and let em do their thing. The two chicago kush cuts are bouncing back, getting back that green. Hoping that they'll be good to transplant at the end of the month.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418261002.206255.jpg
    Soil been cooking since Saturday. Added about 3 dozen egg shells and mixed em up. iMO they'll be good for aeration as well as a long term calcium deposit 2-3 years down the road. There's about .8 cubic feet of chicken manure compost added with a solo cup of bone meal and 2.75 lbs of Alaska fish ferts at 4-6-6 (alfalfa, kelp and fish meal). There's also dried fish hydrolysates that's 5-1-1 mixed in with about a lb of coffee grounds and other green compost. Hoping this will be ready around January. I filled 4 #5 smarties halfway and could feel the heat coming from the bottom and middle of the tote. I'll let the soil cook longer and fill the rest when I transplant into the smarties. I also sprayed spinosad on the soil and both indoor and outdoor gardens. Trying to cleanse out as much pests as possible. After filling the pots I plan to let the top portion dry out to help kill off some of these pests, hoping the bottom stays moist enough to keep the EM alive and thriving.

•• 🍁 ••

6. #47 RED BEARD, Dec 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2014
    How you poppin those beans i dont do well with seeds lately but need a good way to germ 1418263278257.jpg as i just got some good ones!and ten more ww x bb on the way...

7. I take the rapid rooter and make a slit in the middle. I place the germinating seed in between and before I would let em sit out. Used plastic egg crates to hold em. Thing I noticed the most is to keep the RR moist, almost wet, til the seedling pops out. If they aren't kept in a humid dome, I've seen helmet heads be a problem. That happened with the cheese. This time around ima see what happens if I place the rapid rooters in solos already. After placing em in the cups I wet the RR with water. Plan to drop some water on top of the RR to keep it nice n moist til the seedling pops out the ground. I'll be going to AZ this weekend to attend a funeral but will probably place em inside a dome if they haven't to be sure they'll make it.

I took this RR tip from wave. I will try it next and just put the bean straight into the pre drilled hole they have. Just have to plant a little deeper when transplanted into solos.

•• 🍁 ••

8. ok just saw a dish i think with liquid and alil tail showin so was curious if you did something other than just a damp rooter in a humid environment as my last few molded in the soil

9. I let em sit in water til I see a visible root coming out of the shell. Afterwards I place em inside the RR and into the dome. I had mold issues until I made air holes for ventilation on the top of the dome. From what I've seen, rapid rooters will mold in the long run and break down becoming part of the soil. As long as the plant is healthy it doesn't negatively affect it.

How long does yours take for it to mold? I've also noticed that reusing old rooters being more prone to mold. Maybe dipping the rooters with a peroxide mix and rinse prior to use would help?

•• 🍁 ••

10. my last batch of cuts molded over night...think ill try a couple different ways so i dont put all my beans in one basket...

11. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418778651.183599.jpg
    One cut rooted while I was gone. Transplanted her into a solo (top right). The two other cuts seem to be doing well, with one taking off and showing significant growth. The black berry now has two main stems. Going to top her probably again two more times before letting her veg out to 2' and flipping her to 12/12. The two cheese seedlings seem to be coming along. A little slow imo but they look healthy so I'll hold on to them.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418778976.708804.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418778986.424875.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418778997.374811.jpg
    The mothers have bounced back, I'm planning to let em veg out another two weeks or so before taking some more cuts. Really want some of these gdp cuts to make it thru.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418779180.071304.jpg
    One of the Chicago Kush x Wonder Haze seeds that made it. Hoping its a girl, could be promising.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418779285.545400.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418779302.513754.jpg
    Green compost!! Best part is it's all free. Going to keep adding to both til they are filled. Then can let em sit and toss em after a few months, will end up using as top dress or continue to compost by throwing em in with some worms.

•• 🍁 ••

12. Damn Spark is back!!!!! Well done is that a cut off the original Blackberry?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. Unfortunately no, it's a seedling thats from that original blackberry crossed with my male wonder haze. I was able to get a decent amount of seeds, that I'm almost certain I can find her traits in one of these beans. This one for instance, has a very nice smell to it early on even now. Has extremely broad leaves and has continued to show its leaning towards indica. I just hope the wonder haze brings out those same crystal trich covered colas reminiscent of that lost blackberry cut.

I will get a pack of beans, I've already been looking online to try and replace that blackberry. It was and still is a favorite smoke. I really love it's profile, smell and taste is top notch.

•• 🍁 ••

14. I can't wait til you get this chicago kush cut, I'm positive you'll like it. I ran her outside and she's done amazing, I'd love to see how she does indoors under HPS, I'm running all LED for mine. Can get started on that experiment you wanted to try.

•• 🍁 ••

15. #58 SitnSpin, Dec 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2014
    The plants are looking most excellent.  Time to get some cutts for sure.

Question:  Anything I should try to avoid when setting up my camera system?

I haven't even opened the box yet.  I've been too busy.  lol.

[​IMG]

16. Thanks sit, yea I'm trying to be patient with these cuts. I really might go back to using a bubble cloner like I did over a decade ago. I was just trying to avoid having to get any other equipment, but may need the air pump for aerating teas so maybe I can kill two birds with one stone?

As for the camera, really the biggest problem people have is setting up the DNS server properly with the correct IP addresses as well as porting it thru properly over your network so you can remotely access it from any computer online, and not just limited LAN. I can't recall the name of the DNS server I used, but they offer free ones usually included by the company (exp. kguard was/is one). You can also purchase one yourself, but the free one worked perfectly fine before.

•• 🍁 ••

17. Best tip I can give you is to write it down if you ever get confused. Literally map out the connections your trying to make and have made and you'll see that it's simple but can be over complicated quite easily. Which I'm sure you know lol, especially if you medicate beforehand, lol although it makes it less stressful😁.

•• 🍁 ••