Sparks Indoor LED Organic OP

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by sprkn1, Nov 15, 2014.

1. #1 sprkn1, Nov 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2014
    IMG_1797.jpg
    Whats good Grasscity. I'm finally kicking things off very soon and getting another OP underway. For those of you who may know, I had an outdoor OP going for a summer run (pictured above), which resulted in some pretty impressive yields considering the setup. Now after being forced to abandon my outdoor OP, I'm quietly chugging along getting my indoor OP set up. I do have 3 mothers, two originally  cuttings from MrSilly, GDP and Herijuana, with the Chicago Kush being part of a future breeding project (will attach recent pics). 

The set up will be using the following:

For vegetative growth, a 4'x2'x5' Milliard grow tent housing a 300w actual Mars Hydro 144x3w Reflective Series LED light, hung with Apollo YOYO hangers. This light is switchable between VEG and BLOOM with both providing full spectrum lighting when needed. 

For flower, a 40"x40"x79" Milliard grow tent housing two 300w Mars Hydro 144x3w RS LED light. 

A VenTech 6" duct fan will draw air from both tents from the top thru a wye, pushing it thru a carbon air scrubber rated for 450CFM. Which should be plenty enough for the two grow tents. 

Vegetative growth will be sustained using replenished soil, supplemented with CES supplements. Plants will be grown to a height of 2' before being placed in the flower tent. For flower, I'll be reusing the #5 fabric pots I used during the summer, or may upgrade to #10. I will also be recycling the soil I used, re-amending the soil for use. I've already added bone meal, coffee grounds, egg shells and fish emulsions to the soil and have been letting it cook outside. I'll be adding more and more amendments to it as it becomes available. These pots won't be utilized for at least another month or so, giving me enough time to add amendments while still having enough time for it to cook off. 

Planned future projects will include a worm bin to harvest EWC. I've already been composting as much green waste and paper as much as possible which will eventually be incorporated into my soil.

The lights are en route, with Monday being the projected delivery date. The 4x2x5 tent arrives tomorrow, which I will set up to throw my mothers and cuttings in. I'll be continuing to use the 50w LED panel to light em up until the new lights arrive. I'll also be setting up the exhaust system when it gets in next week, and am planning to assemble the flowering tent in order to dry run everything. So far everything else has arrived and will upload some pics of the setup when finished and during assembly. 

Everyone is welcome to pull up a chair, sub and watch the grass grow. I'm excited to do an indoor run, let alone an indoor LED run. So far i'm thinking it's a great investment, we'll see in the near future if this LED hype is worth the trouble. I'm definitely interested in em, and if these Mars Hydro lights work well, I'll definitely be running LEDS from now on.

Peace

2.      Got the two tents set up today, and even threw the mothers in the 4x2 tent utilizing the current lights. So far it was a quick set up, Milliard makes a decent quality product, only thing i'd ask for is to have secure locks for the metal poles. Although everything fits pretty snug, I wonder how it'll be a year or two from now. 
     ​
    IMG_3985.JPG IMG_3988.JPG IMG_3989.JPG

I'll be running this iTunes Carbon scrubber, attached to a VenTech inline blower, controlled by an active air fan controller. I'll update once more when everything arrives, most likely once on monday to update with light installation and get another in at the end of the week. I'll be clone shopping once more, keeping my fingers crossed i'll be able to find some decent genetics in the local shops nearby. 
    IMG_3990.jpg
    IMG_3977.jpg IMG_3978.jpg IMG_3976.jpg IMG_3981.jpg
     ​
        Got some black berry x wonder haze seeds that germinated, which I transferred over into the rapid rooters cut in half. Trying out brother wave's trip on germinating seeds in RR by slicing the top half in half allowing the seeds to sit in between the two halves. Got 3 so far, hoping at least 2 more pop, making it 5/6. Im on a quest to find the black berry pheno I had first gotten from MrSilly. Hoping to find a lady very very similar to her from the summer's cross.
    IMG_3979.jpg

3. #3 SitnSpin, Nov 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2014
    Ok homes...

Looks to me that somebodies going to grow some pot.

Count me in!   :cool:

4.      Yea spin, too damn happy to be back bro, can't believe I even had to slow down. This time tho i'm prepared, gots everything I need coming in, and hoping to chop before I have to pack everything up and move. Might even extend my lease a couple months just to get something in. Its hard to start from beans, and the cuttings I took last week still haven't rooted. Still tho, glad I got something to look forward to. This is all very rewarding work, plus this is the first indoor set up I'm doing that isn't a small little one plant cabinet grow. Graduating and hoping I can hold my place with ya'll up in the clouds.

5. IMG_3991.jpg
    blackberry x wonder haze cross germinating.​
     ​
    IMG_3992.jpg
    GDP and CHI Kush cuttings, 3 bb x wh seeds.​
     ​
    IMG_3993.jpg
    remaining bb x wh and apple seeds (above) & cheese x wh (below)​

6. Lights and fan came in today. Got em opened and hooked up. Glad they were packed well, I know how carriers tend to drop and throw things regardless.​
    IMG_3999.jpg IMG_4001.jpg IMG_4002.JPG IMG_4007.jpg
    I'll be temporarily using both exhausts on one tent. This will eventually also vent out the flower tent. Currently set the fan to on low, its still enough to create negative pressure, and I'm keeping the vents open. Hoping with this, and if needed ona gel, i'll be good for the run.​
    IMG_4009.jpg IMG_4011.JPG
     ​
    The lights aren't bad, I think they are solidly built. Being quite observant, if I was to nit pick there were some chips in the paint, which i'll be covering up to prevent rust. Really though its not a big issue, the lights work extremely well, and damn I must say are bright! I checked the other lights and they worked fine but same paint issue, and packed em away until needed for future use. ​
     ​
    All in all, if these lights don't end up crapping on me, I think they'll do well in the tent. The reflectors do make a difference, i'd love to see a 5w version like this soon. Itching to get my hands on the new lights they have planned already. Loki is a lucky man lol.​
     ​
    In regards to smell, if needed I'm thinking of putting ona block inside the filter. Not sure if anyone has done this before. Its solid, and all the fan does is blow into the filter, and doesn't suck air in thru the scrubber. Working on getting some cuttings today hopefully to get em ready in a few weeks.​

7. IMG_3996.JPG IMG_3997.jpg
    just need to get a huge tote to mix this in. also need a few more things like chicken manure and alfalfa meal. hoping I can find some kelp meal as well, i'm not sure if I should order some rock dust or not, or if I can get away with using those three for now. already have coffee grounds and ground egg shells mixed in along with some foliage. dumped and dried out fish emulsions and mixed it in well with the soil. going to hit feed stores tomorrow, and start looking around for worms in the WE.​

8. Man that light looks whack!  It's more like a photon generator!  lol.

I know the slower the air moves through the canister filter the better it works.

It's a fine line between effective cooling and odor control.

I really think with two tents on one fan it should workout perfect.

9. gotcha, thanks for that tip. didn't think about that, it makes me even happier I went with a much higher rated filter and fan. i'll be adding clip on fans inside the tents in order to help with circulation. i'm hoping that the winter temps will really help keep things tolerable. so far so good, highest things got was around 77' running full spectrum. 

10. Subbed, rated and wow :eek:

Brother ya got skills for days :)

Lovin how clean the setup is :D

11. welcome in poke, glad to see ya pull a chair up to :smoke: . to be honest, my time in the military caused me to be quite meticulous with certain things, haha as you can see tho I don't mind playing in dirt. keep popping by now and then, i'll be cleaning things up much more, getting timers, and hooking everything in each tent to just one cord to keep things as clean as possible. 

i'll definitely be reading thru your journal, curious to see whats hidden in that perpetual jungle of yours! thats my goal for the moment, getting myself to perpetual harvests.

12. You know, the military IS the perfect way to instill bed making in a lad :)

Haha

But seriously, makes sense. I used to be as miticulous before my illness, nothing wrong with perfection brother!

And thats how id describe your grow journal so far :smoke:

Keep up the good work!
    ~ poke

P.s. youre on your way now to perpetual, just dont take any breaks in between :D

13. Man you know it. I still make em crisp with perfect 45' corners too lol. Thanks for the compliments brother, honestly humbled and appreciate the kind words from ya'll much seasoned cats. Because of where I use to live and what not, growing was always difficult if not near impossible. So knowledge always came from books and some first hand experiences with a few grows. Now to be able to start doing what you guys do, damn that's a dream come true. Didn't think I'd have grow tents and LEDs when I first perused online forums back in 03. Haha can you tell I'm all nostalgic still from getting my op going. Dream state bro, and it ain't just the meds lol.

•• Chicago Original ••
    -CA Prop215 & SB420 compliant-

SparknOne's NorthCounty SD OD Organic Grow

SparkNOne's Tactically Required Knowledge

14. The two black berry seedlings looking good. One was a helmet head, which I was able to save. Seems like they'll both make it. Going to transplant into new shoes most likely on sat. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416521948.632351.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416521968.417097.jpg
    All 5 cheese seeds I tried to pop germinated and are now in RR. Put em in like, for those of you who've had trouble using em, this method seems to work (credit to wave for the tip). ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416523569.310008.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416523585.277014.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416523596.929173.jpg
    I'll be posting some pics of the 3 mothers later. Seems like I'm facing a calmag deficiency along with maybe NPK. Will get some EWC tea from the the hydro shop this WE, and give sugar water for tomorrow. Top dress with some Epsom salt and probably dissolve some eggshells with vinegar to give a shot of calcium.

•• Chicago Original ••
    -CA Prop215 & SB420 compliant-

SparknOne's NorthCounty SD OD Organic Grow

SparkNOne's Tactically Required Knowledge

15. Im in bro! you doin the damn thing brother!

16. I'll tag along as I like to keep track of what all my so cal buds are up to..

17. lol Red, ya beat me to posting a link. I really can't wait til i move, keeping my fingers crossed I find a place where I can keep a couple chickens too! on the way to being self sufficient in plenty of ways. When I move back to Chicago, i'm planning to do the same, and add solar into the equation.

Brass welcome in brother, glad to see both you and Red find your way in and pull a chair. Smoke and watch the grass grow brothers, keeping my fingers crossed things will get going, running the lights 24hrs, hoping to maybe start throwing stuff in flower in a month. I need to sex these seeds, take clones so I can hold on to keepers if needed. 

18. you always got a plan and thats step one my friend i hope we look back one day and say to each other remember when we just wanted to be here look at us now!!!one day my brother one day!

19. Well.  You got any sprouts yet?

20. sorry ladies and gents, its been an interesting week, and things have been somewhat hectic.

UPDATE
    DSC_0012.JPG
    BOTH BLACKBERRY SEEDS MADE IT, BUT ONE ENDED UP WITH A BROKEN STEM AND COUDNT STAND WITHOUT BEING SUPPORTED. ENDED UP JUST YANKING IT OUT. 
    DSC_0015.JPG
    4 OUT OF THE 5 CHEESE SEEDS MADE IT, BUT 3 SUFFERED HELMET HEAD AND I DOUBT THEY'LL MAKE IT. PROBABLY GOING TO CULL EM TOO. I'M DEFINITELY GOING TO HAVE TO REDO MY TECHNIQUES AND WORK AROUND THE LOW HUMIDITY. MAYBE JUST BAD MIX OF GENETICS?
    DSC_0010.JPG DSC_0013.jpg
    I'LL BE TAKING MORE CUTS OF THE CHICAGO KUSH, GOING TO LET HER BUSH OUT FIRST. GAVE THE GIRLS A SHOT OF SOME FISH MEAL. WILL NEED TO GET AN AIR PUMP TO MAKE MY OWN TEA.
    DSC_0010.JPG
    GDP CUTS NOT LOOKING TOO GOOD, I THINK I STILL HAVE A FEW HEAT MATS LEFT OVER FROM MY HERPETOLOGY DAYS, GOT TO RUMMAGE THROUGH MY STUFF IN STORAGE. I REALLY NEED TO CONTROL THE TEMPS ANDS KEEP THE ROOT ZONE WARM.
    DSC_0016.JPG DSC_0011.JPG
    I'VE GOT A TIMER IN PLACE, WHICH TURNS OFF THE EXHAUST AND MAIN LIGHT FROM 2200-0300. WITH THE SECONDARY LIGHT STILL ON, THE TENT IS BRIGHT ENOUGH TO HOPEFULLY KEEP EVERYONE IN VEG. I'VE HAD TO MOVE THE LIGHT UP, WITH THE REFLECTORS AND LENS BOTH, I'VE FOUND THAT KEEPING A DISTANCE OF AT LEAST 18-20" IS BETTER THAN 12-16". I ASSOCIATE THIS WITH THE NOTICEABLE DIFFERENCE OF SPECTRUMS VISIBLY NOT INTEGRATED TIL AFTER A SPECIFIC DISTANCE IN HEIGHT IS ACHIEVED. ITS QUITE APPARENT THAT EVEN WITH THE INTENSITY, ITS JUST PERFECT FOR EVEN SEEDLINGS PLACED DIRECTLY UNDERNEATH THE LIGHT, WITH NO NEED OF PLACING IT ANY CLOSER AS WITH CFLs.

Attached Files: