Downsides of vaping? (E-cigs)

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Badger711, Nov 15, 2014.

1. I have a dilemma.

I enjoy smoking. I like smoke tricks and watching the smoke flow around in the air, it just looks cool to me. I cant smoke as much as I want because I can't afford that much weed lol, and I don't want to smoke tobacco products because they're awful for you and I don't like the nasty side effects of them (smell, dirtiness of the house, car etc). I've been looking into vapes for a while now and they seem like an awesome, low-risk, affordable option that lets me blow as many smoke rings as I could desire without hurting my health or my wallet. This seems too good to be true, though. I can't find any studies showing that ejuice is harmful for you to vape, but I wanted to ask the city's vapor crew for their input. Thanks in advance blades

tl;dr - OP wants to vape because it's healthy and cheap but thinks it's too good to be true

Sent from my DeLorean using a Flux Capacitor

2. Not a single reply? somebody has got to have some info around here

Sent from my DeLorean using a Flux Capacitor

3. Personally I think their amazing got into it about 4 months ago haven't looked back. Only downside beware of cheap ones prone to break after a few months

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. If you don't smoke cigs already and want to get into vaping with an e-cig make sure you go for no nicotine juice. Nicotine  is addictive but there are many non-nic flavors out there.

5. good starter setup IMO-

K100 mod- $35-40 Mechanical mod tube that works just as well as other "fancy" mech-mods

Igo-w RDA atomizer -$25 built at 0.8 ohms.
    (google this)

custom drip tip -$5

ejuice- $5-17

Battery (size
    May vary)
    $12

6. I too am keen to learn more about the negatives of vaping. Subbed hoping for further posts!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. As an owner of a Kamry K100 myself, I can definitely recommend it. You can buy very powerful 18650 battrries that can easily last a whole week of every day use.

And getting good batteries for it will really let it power stuff like e-nails for wax.

And the best part is waxes and extracts are quite cost effective. If you have a decent dispensary, they ought to have grams of wax, shatter, or oils for $50 or less and a gram should last about as long as an eighth of bud or more, depending on what quality bud you normally get.

I will say though that all the concentrates I've tries, the high just didn't cut it compared to my top shelf strains. It's almost entirely a head high. I like having a body stone too. But I find my vape and wax are the only way to go if you're going to be walking around. With my best strains, while exhaling a solid lung full of smoke the weed tends to make your eyelids just want to close as the body stone takes effect almost instantly. Extracts just don't have such pronounced effects on my body, but again fantastic for walking around.

Some of my strongest strains, if I smoke a couple of bowls on my bong I'm all set vs having to rip my vape pen like 10 times.