KISS style 800w dual bulb vertical coco grow show featuring Sour Hazy Jones, GDP x Casey Jones, Cheesedog, and Strawberry Cough x The White

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by jd4083, Nov 13, 2014.

all good dude..

yeah i was asking about the "stasis" thing.. never heard of that and will check that link for sure!
    sounds like a good plan..

i ran casey jones and wavy gravy (casey x chem d) from head seeds in the past and liked them both a lot... and pretty sure connoisseur used a really nice CJ cut in their gear, so i'm sure you'll be pleased.

thanks again for that link dude.. will give it a read.

your plants look lush as fuck!
    really nice work..

I definitely saw the resemblance in my plants to some of the photos I have seen posted in various threads about the Tobacco Mosaic Virus and other virii that affect cannabis plants. However, I have not seen anything definitive in those threads proving that what the people are claiming is a virus is actually a virus. I would love to see some good information if you have anything I have not already read, definitely has bothered me quite a bit even though it has not seemed to affect vigor at all.

Thanks brother. I'm still cutting my teeth on coco so they had a rough start but they have definitely sprung back. 

3. #23 jd4083, Jan 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2015
    did a little work...flip starts tmw @ 8AM

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. One shot from this AM with lights off

[​IMG]

5. Yo man lookin real good in here.. I've always been interested in Canna's nutrients, but never tried em out. You seem to have figured it out pretty quick.

Subbed up for sure! :smoke:

6. #26 jd4083, Jan 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2015
    Thanks buddy. I used the Canna A+B for my most recent coco run (which was a couple of years back) too and it was very impressive then and I figured I would give it another run. A bit pricey but worth it so far...I'm not a big fan of hitting plants with bushmaster and bloom boosters and carboload blah blah blah.  I much prefer the KISS approach with a 1 or 2 part base formula and the addition of a root stimulator (I've been using rhizotonic for years now in multiple mediums and love it), with other nutes only being used for corrective action if absolutely necessary. 
    They have their place, but there is a lot to be said for just keeping a pH balanced solution with an appropriate EC that doesn't blow the plants out of the water. But then again, I am not and have never claimed to be an expert, still a humble novice even after 10+ years...everybody should do what works best for them, take the best from the info presented and leave the rest behind. Take it easy dude

Oh, one caveat about Canna nutes -- I really like them in terms of their efficacy, but the fact that the larger containers require a proprietary tool to open (which Canna of course sells separately) is really off-putting for me. Granted, there are a ton of tools that most people probably having laying around that can do the job just as well, but it just seems so unnecessary and is in really poor taste, from my perspective anyways.

one more lights out shot from this AM of the other tent I forgot to post -

[​IMG]

7. Cool vert setup! il be lurkin.

CW

8. #28 jd4083, Jan 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2015
    Thanks man! Hope not to disappoint. Here is one from this AM right after lights off

[​IMG]

9.  dgot up while the lights were still on, pardon the shitty photos. Did some rearranging in the vert tent, gonna end up having to cinderblock the four  shortest ones to match up since there is such a huge disparity in height between the plants and I didn't plan training for this run well at all.  Also did some real light pruning working my way up the sucker branches...I'll continue this over the next few days and have them ready to rock by the end of the month. Once they stop stretching I should mostly just be pulling fan leaves at that point...or should I say if they stop stretching...couple of leggy bitches in here for sure. I do tend to get a little heavy handed with my defoliation but it hasn't hurt me yet, knock on wood. 

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. lookin good dude!

how big are those containers you run in there?

11. #31 jd4083, Jan 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2015
    Thanks dude. Still seeing those weird leaf "bites" on a few of the girls, mostly in the 400w tent. A little concerned about that, but otherwise everybody is healthy and I can't see any evidence of pests.

Those are all 1gal fabric pots. If I had the time I would have transplanted the ones in the vert tent to 2gal and vegged another week or so, but I needed to get them into flower and headroom constrains were a concern as well. I'm thinking that if I experience issues with their being too rootbound (which I think will be mitigated by the fact that they are in fabric pots) I can just put the 1gal fabric pot into a 2 or 3 gal fabric pot with some more coco to almost act as a "wick" system and allow the roots to grow through the first bag. I'll avoid that if at all possible, however, as part of the reason they're still in 1gals is to keep them from getting too leggy.  The tallest ones in the back (SHJ #1/#5 and CnC #2) are almost 4 feet tall from the top of the container already and they aren't even a full week into the flip yet or officially flowering. lol...

12. haha..

was gonna ask if you had a cat or something..
    my leaves look like that if the cat sneaks in the room..

13. #33 jd4083, Jan 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2015

I do, and he is one sneaky little cocksucker. The other day I left the door to the room that these tents are in open for maybe 30 seconds to go grab something from the kitchen, came back, and he was laying in between the plants in the 400w tent :laughing: I really don't think he is the cause of the leaf thing though, as even the tall 4+ feet plants have the occasional chunk missing out of some of the upper leaves.

Those marks in conjunction with the weird mottling/variegation on the C99 plants makes me think a virus as the gentleman said above...my only hope is that it "works its way out of the system" and does not do any lasting damage as these plants begin to flower.

14. snapped some lights off pics right as this piece of shit camera that is as old as my girlfriend died again

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Back from the lake...needed a day away for sure. 

Been doing a lot of tucking, breaking, and trimming over the last day, installed my ghetto scrog screen for the 400w (just the screen from the vscrog with larger holes cut out because I'm cheap), moving some things around a bit. The screen is obviously more for basic support than for an actual intensive SCROG session as so many of these are at different stages and not all of them are even topped -- that Grape OG told me to fuck off and ignored my topping too, so that and the Rainbow Jones are going to be spears it looks like. Take a look at the pics and you can see how heavy-handed I've been with the 400w tent.  Everything is basically in its permanent home...the exception is the 7 in the 600w tent. I'm waiting for some 3gal fabric pots to come and on Wednesday I will put all 7 in the 3gal pots to try the "wick" system I was thinking of. I'm hoping this will reduce the frequency of waterings over the time that I'm gone, and it's also an experiment to see how fabric bags inside of fabric bags work. Once they're in the 3gals I'll start doing some light tying and then get rid of all the rest of the sucker branches while I'm finishing up clones. 

One of the SHJ is still looking rough and is a bit behind in terms of development on the upper leaves. the other 6 are pushing pistils and forming budsets pretty quicklyl, some more so than others, but that one is pretty much the same as it was a week before flowering and it is only looking worse on the upper leaves as the days go by. I'm taking clones tomorrow (they're going into stasis, however, so wish me luck as it's been a while and I'd hate to lose them) so I'll probably take a few extra of that one and then kill it. That should leave some much needed lateral room in the 600w tent and maybe help keep things a little more orderly. 

Sorry for the shitty pics and droopy plants, lights just went off in the 400w tent when I took those photos and then the lights were just off in the 600w tent when I snapped those pics...they've certainly been sucking up all the juice that light has to offer. I have the tents on a "flip flop" to try to keep temps and humidity in check, seems to be working well so far. I'm aware that my horizontal scrog skills are a bit rusty...lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Don't know why these flipped around, but the pic below is the SHJ that is looking weird

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. And a few hours later.....

Let's treat those photos above like a prom baby and just never talk about it again, yeah? 

Here is a few seconds before lights on for the 600w tent and lights out for the 400w tent

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. #37 gantsa, Jan 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2015
    nice

18. what I'm working on this evening...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

FYI, this is only a bandaid fix to even the canopy out a bit since I wasn't really sure how things were going to stretch with this run.

so ya seal the little holes up with silicone/putty/whatever is safe and within arm's reach and you're good to go. didn't get a pic but you get the idea...easiest thing I could put together with what I had laying around plus a ten buck bag of aquarium stones to keep it stable. Better than a cinderblock I figure...lol

Few pics ...these girls were thirsty as shit. Still haven't had a chance to put them in the 3gals because I had less coco than I previously thought. It's also a god damned mess in there and I need to stop being lazy and shopvac that shit up and install some intake filters...

These are the 7 in the 600w tent...gonna be tying them down after they finish stretching I think. Still haven't taken clones since I plucked a few fans today, I'll do that in the day I leave town. 

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. vegas was a fucking blast...my liver needs a timeout though, lol

did a bunch of work tonight when I got home finally -- my girl did a really great job overall of taking care of the tents. Few observations -- there appeared to be a bit of a heat issue with some of the higher buds as I didn't have the chance to tie them down at all before I left and she didn't know how to move it around to deal with the stretch, which was huge for both strains in the 600w tent but pretty mild overall for the 400w tent. I also added an extra 150w HPS I had laying around to that tent so it's now flowering under 550w total, and I have two confirmed female C99s of the remaining 3 and one that I'm sure is a female as well. Still some serious tucking and light defoliation needed in that tent over the next couple of days in addition to the fairly heavy handed lollipopping they got tonight. I dropped a T5 at the top of the 600w tent so I could start doing the work with the fluoro on and not have to wear welding goggles just to feed the plants. Seriously considering grabbing some blumats for the rest of flowering, getting too busy right now with work to be in there twice a day. 

Anyhow, here are a few pics, hope everybody is doing good

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]