Pro life or pro chocie?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by untilwesoar, Nov 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keep being dismissive and please keep insulting me. It lends so much credence to your argument and to your side.

:laughing:

2. As much credence as you completely ignoring the other side's argument because it challenges your belief. You still have yet to address the fact that an unborn fetus has the exact same amount of possibility of being a saint or sinner.

So yes, as long as you pussy foot around and be ignorant, all you're going to receive in return is ignorance..
    As much credence as you completely ignoring the other side's argument because it challenges your belief. You still have yet to address the fact that an unborn fetus has the exact same amount of possibility of being a saint or sinner.

So yes, as long as you pussy foot around and be ignorant, all you're going to receive in return is ignorance..

3. #43 Grendelking, Nov 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2014
    Your argument is a stupid one. You're wishing for more evil persons to be born and celebrating the fact that God's prophets and saints are being murdered on a daily basis. You're hoping that I lose my cool so that you can turn around and say..."You swore at me...how very Christian of you."
         I've played this game before. Answer my question. If someone commits murder and gets away with it in this life, are you hoping that they aren't punished in the next life ?  Pussy foot around that one.

4. #44 SlowMo, Nov 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2014
    Life is a continuous process that begins at conception and ends at death. There are no magic points in between where life suddenly emerges to some hypothetical degree where it's worthy of protection from being terminated. These things are subjectively and arbitrarily determined by others.

That doesn't mean that life doesn't develop in complexity and change in its outward and inward functional manifestations as we develop from a single celled embryo, through the various formative stages, and finally onward to adulthood. In fact, the development doesn't stop at adulthood, either. Again, its a continuous process having many outward variations. In the interim between fertilization and death, where we decide to place some dividing line for protecting life is arbitrary, for none exists in biological reality.

Another way of saying this is, at no stage during prenatal development do we pass some magic line of demarcation where a fetus obtains personhood or feels sufficient pain to warrant protection.  We decide based entirely on our own subjective criteria. None occurs at birth, childhood, adolescence, or any stage in adulthood either.  The human organism's neural development doesn't even normally reach its pinnacle of development until around the age 25. But our "development" and personhood doesn't end there. We are continuously changing until we cease to function.  Our "personhood" develops and changes along the same continuous biological path. The more complex the organism's nervous system becomes, the more developed and manifest "the person" becomes. 

So called "viability" is nothing special either - at least in terms of organism development and a moral obligation to protect it. That's because the viability of the organism is more of a function of the state of the local healthcare availability of the mother-child than anything absolute by which we can assign worthiness to survive. Viability in the villages of Sierra Leone is radically different than viability next to Mass General Hospital. 

The bottom line is, we decide by purely arbitrary, subjectively determined criteria when a human life is worthy of protection. Therefor we are merely fooling ourselves when we attempt to assign some point after conception and before death as being special because that's neither a biologically, or rationally sound position and amounts to an attempt to impose our pet notions on a reality that is well beyond our subjectively based, personal preference dependent arguments 

5. You're whacked out dude.. nowhere does what I said mean that I want evil people to be born. It's simply asking you to address the fact that all those saints and prophets you think are being murdered on a daily basis could very well grow up to be sinners.. and the worst ones at that.

And I don't believe in the afterlife or reincarnation.. I'd consider myself an idiot if I did.

6. Too many big words = I don't care.  :laughing:
    Silence on my end from now on when it comes to the subjects of religion or politics. Satan has had thousands of years of perfecting his methods of deception. I both congratulate him and feel sorry for him. His (Satan's) day of Judgment will not be an easy one.

7. As a female, I firmly believe in choice. Politicians, pastors and men who can't get pregnant on their own have no business telling anyone otherwise.

8. So,,,you're admitting that Adolf Hitler should get away with murdering millions of people. Good to know. You're chosen to live in the darkness. Stay the Hell away from me, you anti-justice prick.

9. How is something killed if it was never born in the first place? And why is it the fault of the women when a MAN knocked her up?

10. Stick with weed, not meth.

11. :laughing:

12. Pro lifers are really just pro-fetus. You never see any of these people actually adopting, they'd rather over populate...

13. According to the abortion counter earlier, we'd have almost another 1.5 billion people in this world since 1980.. Did anyone actually look at that counter though? The only race they specifically mention is black people in the US.. wtf is up with that?

14. Oh it's you again. Copping out of another argument because it challenges your beliefs?
    "Too many big words" ? You are such a child. Satan isn't real. Grow up.

15. I'm pro-choice as well, but you have to admit that it is a life that is being killed.
    It's not the woman's fault. It's her vagina so it's her choice.

16. Says the 26 year old... :laughing:  :laughing:  :laughing:

17. We have.no buisness saying.murder is wrong just because preganancy is unpleasant?

Mmkaaaay whatever you say :lol:

-yuri

18. Using unrelated facts to support a dying argument. Yet another cop out.
    Are you even capable of having an intelligent debate?

19. Line draw fallacy again.
    Scientifically speaking its a human as soon as the gametes form a.full genetic.makeup and start a chain reaction that will result.in a full human if not interupted

Butbill humor your logic. Is an 8th month abortion.OK?
    It takes.2 to have sex

-yuri

20. I think she means rape.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.