Pro life or pro chocie?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by untilwesoar, Nov 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. How is it murder? It is a collection of cells until the baby has a heartbeat. It is not murder.

Rape pregnancies, I'm assuming you are male and will never have to carry a child in your body for 9 months, live with the torture of what happened while the rapists seed is growing inside you, hating your body and what's growing inside each passing day. Adoption or not this would be seared into your memory forever, not only the rape but the torment of giving your child away.

I'm pro choice. It's not cool to just abort when you've been a stupid bitch and didn't know how to use birth control but that is the persons CHOICE. It's nothing to do with anyone else.

2. Line draw fallacy again

As soon as its conceived its a growing human

Not at whatever point in development makes it convenient to justify it
    Emotional fallacy

Murder is still wrong
    I'm assuming.you are also a male

All women always end up psychology scarred and regret having the abortion

The guilt always ends up too much
    Right. Murder is a choice.

-yuri

3. Pro life. Life is a beautiful thing and we shouldn't deny nature the chance to have birth.

4. So, if someone contradicts your arguements it is automatically incorrect? Wrong. Time to get a new favorite word.

I'm a female. All women do not always end up emotionally scarred after abortion, where did you get this information from? Many women are relived. They may think back about what might have been, but all women being psychologically scarred is complete nonsense.

5. This is a beat argument.. cause just like a child could become a saint, they could be a sinner. If you abort a child, they very well may have been the next Jesus.. or the next Hitler. Equal possibility for either.

Pro choice for me..

6. There will always be just one Messiah. Jesus the Christ has no equal. As the only begotten Son of the Living God, He is unique in every way, shape, and form. There will not be another Jesus the Christ (unless you count the imposter, the Anti-Christ). The Anti-Christ (the Beast) will fool the world into thinking that he is the Messiah. And judging by 75% of the comments on this forum, it should be a cake walk for him.  
             A bit of friendly advice...the Beast will be allowed to perform every miracle that the Anointed One was able to perform except for one...he will not be able to raise anyone from the dead. Test him and you will see that he is the false Messiah. 

7. okay yuri say youre right and its murder and its wrong,  but a woman doesnt agree with your views and does the abortion anyways, what should be done to the woman? should she go to jail for muder? (good luck getting a jury to convict) should someone have prevented her from doing the abortion in the first place?
    just dying to read your views on that.
    you are aware women arent men right? what percentage of women do you estimate actually get abortions as a form of birth control?

8. #28 yurigadaisukida, Nov 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2014
    Wtf?
    Ok
    -yuri

9. So, just completely pussy foot around the fact that there is an equal possibility that that unborn fetus could grow up being the greatest saint or the worst sinner? That's cool, no need to say anything about that.. just rant on with your religious delusions.

10. I actually.mmade a thread about this

To be short, I'm a noninterventionist

Pm.me.or.bump that thread if you want.more details but basically.iI believe society as a whole needs a revolution in how we think about "justice"

-yuri

11. But you accept the fact that 12 year old girls are having sex? And the breaking of the cherry isn't painful?

In a society of untilwesoar I don't believe that 12 year old girls should be having sex.

12. The argument is clearly a moral one, not a scientific one. For many, the willful destruction of a conceived being is murder. For others, its an acceptable practice. Its really a political, rather than a rights issue. Its become a 'rights' issue because the majority in some states will not allow it. While we will have to obey the Supreme Court, we are still free to disagree with it. One purpose of a judiciary is to protect the individual from the "Tyranny of the Majority". Same with the marriage laws. The LDS church was criticized for polygamy when Utah became a state and the Supreme Court upheld the US 'right' to ban the practice. Polygamy by Mormons of a more literal bent formed the FLDS. It is active today in Southern Utah and Northern Arizona. When Utah was a territory, Brigham Young asked the territorial legislature for universal suffrage. It was granted and the Utah territory became the first legislature to grant it. Women in plural marriages now had the vote and made no move to outlaw the practice in the territory. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415903062.275402.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

13. #33 Grendelking, Nov 13, 2014
    http://www.numberofabortions.com/

The blood of the innocents cries out for justice.

pro choice and your girlfriend is living proof of someone who was abandoned and not aborted... not criticizing you but thought it was ironic.
    this was my paper for either senior high school or freshman college... but rape incidents aren't as common as everyone thinks. some will argue about whether abortion is murder or not, so you have to define what murder is. murdering is killing a person. killing is terminating the life of something. either way, it's ending some sort of life form. we step on ants and cut trees down, but we don't call it murder. to abort is to kill. to define it as murder is in the gray... some say when the fetus has a heartbeat, abortion can be considered murder. some say abortion is not murder until the baby is born. regardless, abortion is terminating life and the potential of a human being. i'd say if there was a word in between kill and murder, that's what i would describe abortion as.

as for babies being abandoned and sent for adoption, it's unfortunate. but would the child know what unfortunate means if he didn't experience what it is to be fortunate? life is too vast for someone to be focused on the bad things. if people think that the unwelcoming environment of an abandoned child is a justifiable reason for ending potential in a woman's womb, they need to reconsider and put more effort into making that environment better rather than erasing potential.

the fetus is on its way to becoming a human and life is too great for any human to deny its chance at living.

15. What is justice?

Do.you support perpetuating a cycle.of.violence?

What would.Jesus do? Murder a murderer?

-yuri

16. #36 Grendelking, Nov 13, 2014
    They (the murdered) cry out to Almighty God for justice. On Judgment Day, they will see justice served.

"Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord."

17. youve provided plenty of details in your rebuttal here, this pleases me.
    In other news, this is yuri side stepping an argument like a bossssss:

[​IMG]

18. Since Adolf Hitler's name was bought up...I propose that those of us (not me) that don't believe in an afterlife are in essence, anti-justice.
    For if you believe that there is no God Almighty watching everything we do, say, and think then...you are rooting for Adolf Hitler to get away with the murders of millions. Not only that, you are on the side of every murderer, every rapist, every con man...etc.
        For if there is no Judgment Day, and no God Almighty to punish persons on that day...then you, as an unbeliever, are hoping that the scum of the earth get away with their misdeeds. In other words, you've chosen a side...the side of being anti-justice and the side of being pro-evil.

19. #39 s A t I v A, Nov 13, 2014
    pro-choice

20. This guy.. lol, you'd think a deluded religious fanatic as yourself wouldn't mind abortion.. cause it just gives God a new soul before they have time to be a sinner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.