Drifting anyone?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Dankly, Nov 12, 2014.

1. I played around with a 95' Lexus SC300 years ago before my 78' 280Z V8 car.  The 2JZ in the Lexus spun a rod bearing so I yanked it and built an old 400 small block Chevy for it. Ended up with a 406" Chevy, aluminum heads, 750 double pumper, on paper it should have made right at 500hp. Had enough torque to stop the earth from spinning. Had an adapter plate and a T56 6 speed. Rigged in a clutch peddle set from a 97' Firebird. No carpet, no back seat, duel 3" exhaust to a set of Flowmaster mufflers that dumped right under the front seats.  Car was so loud you couldn't even hear yourself think!

• Like Like x 3
  2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mqXXqB7SBQ

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fantastic zip-tie work!! Done like a true professonial!

• Like Like x 1
  4. #44 Baron///M3, Aug 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2015
    Need advice on drifting. Haven't really had a chance to drive my e36 m3 lately and only really punched it in a straight line. Need some tips on how to drifting coming out of corners. I've dumped it in 1st one time while pulling out of car meet and got sideways pretty good. But then it snaps back the other way. Car is stock, has koni shocks and fresh control arms, thinking bout getting sways in the future. Do I not commit enough with the throttle? Correcting at wrong time.? Haven't gotten any practice. Drifting noob, some tips would be appreciated. Thanks. Car is about 260ish hp

• Like Like x 1
  5. the snap oversteer in that case was probably due the letting off the throttle to fast^
    Watch some tutorial crap on YouTube and practice in parking lots in the rain to learn your diff..

6. Thanks for the advice man. I need to do some practice