Drifting anyone?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Dankly, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Drifting discussions? Don't know a lot but it's really interesting to ms

Sent from my SM-G900P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. What about it?
    I love drifting I'm not so much into formula d and stuff I like more of a grassroots type approach to drifting.

I drift my rx7 vert it's slow as hell but clutch kicks do the trick👌 haha. Here's a pic of my slut behind my buddy 240sx
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415830642.619276.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..💨⛽️

3. Working on a drift build now. I'm not too experienced other than kicking around in the rain but I love the sport and can't wait to get more in to it! Ive been interested in it since I was about 15... It's actually influenced me to try to open my own fab shop for Motorsport cars.

4. only when the conditions permit my aging car.

so in the rain, in the snow, or after snow storms when there's lots of gravel on the roads.

going into this winter not giving a fuck about driving in the snow/salt. fuck it?

5. I drift every time I get in a Rwd car

6. It think it's pretty cool. I know close to nothing about it though, other than the basic mechanics.

7. it snowed a couple of days ago, so there's lots of sand at intersections. on my way home this afternoon, downshifted to second at about 25, (2800rpms or so) and put my right foot 3/4's to the floor. slide around the turn, got the tires spinning in the gravel and left twin ten foot j-shaped marks. not bad for a 381k mile engine that had 100hp stock when new.

8. Just bought some parts off a local drifter here in town. Talked for a few hours when I was picking them up. I told him I wanted to get into drifting once I get my swap in. He said he'd help me with the swap and let me know when the crew goes out to a spot so I'm pretty pumped. Unfortunately the events are pretty scarce around here, but it'd be a while before I want to compete anyways..

9. had a friend who owned a 325is with a welded diff. holy fuck was that fun to slide around.

i think it had a 4.10 rear from an automatic car, too.

its far too expensive of a hobby for me to seriously pursue.

10. #10 Raizor, Nov 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2014

I like watching drifting, and drifting. I remember back in high school when all we could come across was a FWD to drift and slide in. At least helped us learn how to control the car.

Now I got my DD Z. When I used to work at Taco Bell in TN, It had a parking lot that made a U shape around the building. On the drive-thru side there were no parking space, so it was safe to have a little fun in the rain out back. We'd Drive around the drive thru in our car to keep our times down, and be looking good to corporate lol. And I would come out the drive-thru, slide it around the front and into the parking spaces and almost hang it into the drive-thru. Didn't Have to balls to put in that tight a space yet.

Then i would go to the back of the U shape and kick out the rear, slide it, and then 360 it. Then go watch the drive thru camera haha.

ANd then at the walmart here, There's this side entrance to the parking lot, but it's hardly used. It has this nice tile pattern smooth red concrete. Nice to have a little fun tossin the groceries around lol.

View attachment 1048907

11. Sick guys. Pics of rides?

12. [​IMG]

'84 bmw 318i, 381k miles.

13. 1990 Nissan 240sx Hatchback

[​IMG]

What're you driving bud?

14. [quote name="túrin turambar"

'84 bmw 318i, 381k miles.[/quote]

[quote name="DBV" post="20939630" timestamp="1416245015"]1990 Nissan 240sx Hatchback

What're you driving bud?[/quote]

Nice rides everyone. Turin, I've seen a lot of your bimmer, on "post your ride"

DBV, sadly a pair of roshes are my daily. But I also pull the vans out occasionally😂.

Hoping to grab a G35 when the funds get right, sadly that's not in the forseeable future.

15. More of my 1990 mazda rx7
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416263315.708312.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416263416.347077.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416263517.773330.jpg

16. Nice choice on the g35! Always liked those just a little bit more than the 350z..

17. Same, its basically the same car but I feel like infiniti did it better. Besides, I'm a classy motherfucker.

Pretty, pretty invincible, 'cept for the wierd bumper haha, just jonesin' ya.

18. Shit you will see a lot more janky shit than my bumper in your drifting quest haha.

19. would love to have the money to invest in something half decent and get real track time but unfortunately that's a very expensive hobbies so im limited to my winter adventures in borrowed rwd cars or pretending to drift with perfectly time slides in my fwd car lol

until then im stuck with forza but I shall soon be getting a g27 and that corrseta game as pc kicks the nexts gens ass lol