is it possible to do

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by stoned4life123, Nov 12, 2014.

1. just wondering if its possible to buy a couple acres even if a man/woman doesn't  have a whole lot of money, and his credit sucks balls. since im only 35 and I cant work anymore I dont get a whole lot but I was hoping someone here might be able to point me in the right direction maybe someone that has done this exact same thing.  just trying to get ahead one step at a time...if anyone has any advice I would appreciate it very much...

2. It would be best and even wise if you did so, to capitalize on that land. Grow something, charge admission fees for something, start a business. You won't need a job then!

3. #3 Squirt, Dec 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2014
    I know this thread is super old but the cheapest land you'll find is rural land that is unkempt. If you do a lot of the restoring work yourself which isn't too bad if you do a little each day you'll have a nice little plot of land in no time.

However, I am gonna go out on a limb here and assume the reason you can't work anymore is a disability. If this is the case, you may want to find a friend or family member who can help you with the landscaping for a small fee or as a favor, but it would be a pretty big favor. Or if you have some teenage kids near you, offer to pay them to help you clean it up. They'll most likely work for cheaper than a landscaper, and if you offer them 200 bucks to help clean up the whole plot, that'll seem like a ton of money to them and they'll take it failing to see it's probably less than minimum wage for the amount of work involved.

Not saying you should take advantage of kids but 200 bucks quick cash for a kid will be a steal for them, and it can teach them some good things about hardwork and yard work.

4. Oklahoma. Lots of land available for fairly cheap. Not a whole lot to do around the Tulsa area.. but it still is pretty nice sometimes.