Taking advantage of drunk women and men

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by ItsReneeYo_, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Bartenders are not public servants, they are drug dealers, pure and simple. They should hold zero responsibility for the actions of their customers. doctors are not responsible for the actions of their patients who get loaded on ambien, and then sleep drive into someone's house, so why should a bartender be responsible.

The point of this country is supposed to be personal freedom and responsibility, but because emotional terrorist organizations like MADD who use emotional leverage to push through legislation that allows emotion to trump reason, now it is very easy to force blame for your mistakes on someone else.

We're not talking about children here. A full grown adult should be able to decide for themselves when they've had enough. And if they something stupid after they have crossed that line, then it is their own fault and no one else's.

2. I actually can't find anything about it either. But it is real. I had to take a whole 4 hour course and take a test on it to graduate at the professional bartenders school of America. It's the reason my friend who lives in Austin quit bar tending as well, because they were charging bartenders with manslaughter every time a drunk driver killed someone.

3. lol if you think this is bad then you're very naive of the world

4. The problem I see with your analogy is that the doctor isn't there giving the ambien to an already visibly impaired person. Bartenders can. If you continue to give alcohol to a person who obviously doesn't need it but still wants it then I kind of take issue with the bartender. Why would you want to anyway?

Bartender's job is to sell drinks to people. Here in Canada everyone who handles alcohol has to take a course and one of the things it says it do not serve alcohol to a person already visibly intoxicated. Nobody actually follows that rule though, at my favorite pub I can always order more if I want it, never been cut off.

But I have the sense to know when I've had enough, and honestly with me there comes a point where I just don't want anymore booze, it's not even about being responsible I'm just like "fuck it I'm done".

I'm big on personal responsibility, if you're old enough to drink you're old enough to manage your own drinking. I hate this whole parental, nanny state idea that the government should be everyone's dad.

6. I don't think it's a nanny state thing more of a look out for your fellow human type of thing. I'm the same way, I know my limit and I stick to it but some people aren't that responsible. I'm not sayin the bartender should be charged or anything but in my opinion it is atleast somewhat their fault. You could choose not to serve that person. Like I said why would you want to give more alcohol to an already beyond drunk person?

Well if a dude is getting all belligerent or obnoxious and disrupting the good times then yeah he gets cut off, at least at my favorite places. But if you're just drinking with your buds and having a good time they aren't gonna cut you off because you guys have ordered 5 jugs already.

Basically though my point is, like you said, some people aren't that responsible, but that doesn't mean society has to pick up their slack IMO. If a guy can barely stand up yeah you call him a cab, that's what you do, but I just don't agree with getting laws and government involved.

8. #128 The Stud, Nov 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2014

Really? So you wouldn't even think that it was partially their own fault for not locking their doors? 

My bike got stolen once when I forgot to lock it. I felt so stupid afterwards for not locking it. It was like asking someone to steal it.

9. what? so the 19 year old filling scripts at the pharmacy should be liable if someone abuses their script and ODs? Come on now

10. I hate when fat girls keep buying me drinks thinking they will get to take advantage of me

11. ^In your dreams

lol I'm serious...granted they're always friends of friends and not strangers but still..not saying no to free drinks :metal:

13. Oh.  Well, more for me!  For free drinks and soft pussy I could give a girl a break.  In the glory days I really enjoyed sinking into a chubby girl, so much skin contact! but I do have a wide comfort range regarding weight or age.