Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Old stoners: does your high change as you age?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Eclecticity, Nov 11, 2014.

1. I wouldn't call myself old, but I used to have a lot more fun getting stoned. Now about 50% of the time I smoke I get anxiety.

2. Earlier someone said name 2 improvements.
    We vaped with baby food jars & cigarette lighters.  Now:
    Widespread science improvements in vaping and Concentrates. 
    Or the availability of clones (in a Med State)

3. No CEVs for me, now or ever. I think the main difference is that now, I know when I'm spacing and I just go with it. Back then it was trippy, not knowing quite what to expect. Although one thing that I've noticed through my years in Colorado is that when I blaze at really high altitudes, I do go off on a head trip. More than once, I've found myself wandering the streets of a ski resort or sitting in a bar, totally out of sync with my surroundings.

And what about those old measures, hey...nickle and dime bags ($5, $10) and of course the lid...which was supposed to be an oz., but rarely was.

It's nice being able to sort through all of the new strains at the pot shop, but I miss those old landraces.  Columbian Gold , Panama Red, Thai Stick, even some of the good Mexican. I think that stuff just smoked and tasted nicer than the new gooey.

4. #44 Handyman75, Jan 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2015
    Actually, yes. It's gotten more psychedelic. But this is from consuming large amounts efficiently. Remember that it takes about 7-9 minutes from the start of smoking for your body to get high from the first inhalation. In this time I've learned to binge. In order for me to get visuals of any kind(in a fast manner) I always go hard in these few minutes. Why? Because the brain is getting flooded again by the marijuana. If you havnt failed miserably at attempting to clear a bong rip of shatter/dank(. 5 dab. 5 herb) and I'm talking real shatter. You probably should.

You get what you put in. Shot gun till your lungs are couching on the floor. (efficient, lol)
    But really, smokers on this forum disregard the efficiency of smoking. Those few minutes are critical. The term plateu comes to mind but it may be a different word. With weed I've found a 'plateu' or 'wall', if you don't go hard within these few minutes. Then you will hit a wall that exaggerates the time to get higher. Especially If you have a high tolerance then it will take a good amount of smoking to reach the 'high' point, then the 'psychedelic feeling high'. So in short words

Shotgun is FTW

But really, I have never gotten CEVs just open eye hallucinations.

5. #45 Bainman23, Jan 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2015
    Yes. As you get older, your highs become less intense. You start demanding; "good stuff" only. You may even learn to dab wax as your tolerance levels increase. Then when you reach the ceiling, you either stop for a tolerance break, or you just smoke more and more. Then, one of the only ways out is to source some good quality Kanna powder, and smoke it in a bong or a spliff, mixed with weed. It will bump up the effect of even mid grade stuff, to a clear headed trip that fells like top grade stuff. Try it!

6. For me, the strongest most enjoyable weed was the late 90s. I started off the brick crap in the early 90s, occasionally finding the green dank, by late 90s, there was some super potent diesel (the real stuff smelled like gasoline), and the original OGs. I remember it smelling so strongly that you couldn't contain the smell whatever you did. Today's medical/dispensary weed is mild compared to the late 90s, i only got closed eye visuals from then, except when I had that 100 dollar eighth stuff few years ago. Grower said it was a fluke, it was accident that it came out so dank.

7. i got really baked two nights ago laying down watching cartoons felt like going to sleep closed my eyes and seen light geometric shapes and patterns and then a animal would appear out of no where for two seconds then the patterns again