Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Old stoners: does your high change as you age?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Eclecticity, Nov 11, 2014.

1. I have had color's seem brighter and mild stuff like that . I first smoked herb when I was 12 and have always smoked erb since that day on lol . I do remember in high school getting with buddies and hysterically laughing after smoking bong's we would be laughing so hard we where almost cryin lol . nowadays I could smoke all day and not laugh like that ohh to be care free lol 

2. It took me awhile to figure #1 out.
    I'm a lousy cook. :rolleyes:

3. I got mild CEV's the first few times I started smoking, which was only almost 6 years ago. They went away quick. I think it's just your tolerance maybe? Interesting question.

"Aye man how's my driving?"

"Uhh I think we're parked man..."

4. Found on the internet, illuminates why it took me awhile to figure this^^^^ out.

You're born with a ton of fucks to give. So you spend them like a kid with a credit card. You spend them on your friends, your grades, your fashion sense, even strangers opinions. You give way too many fucks about way too many things, you have so many. Then as you get older you have like 10 fucks per month, so you learn to budget them. You allocate fucks to family and career but don't have any left for the latest fads. "Oh? Someone at work wants me to perform duties outside my job title? I'll do my best to allocate some fucks, but this month is pretty tight." Then as you get older you're down to 1 or 2 fucks a month and those fucks are damn precious. You give those to your family, job and hobby and that's it. It's not your fault, fucks expire too quickly. You wish you would've saved some from your youth. Then you hit fuck insolvency. You're getting like 1 fuck a year and you have to make it last. So you go with out. Even previously fuck worthy things, you just can't give a fuck. Some people run out quickly. Some people have a fuck trust fund that pays out decently into old age. But at some point, the fuck faucet runs dry and you no longer have a fuck to give. It's just basic fuckonomics.

5. The first few times I got stoned was on a very strong sativa (or so I was told). I enjoyed the CEVs. From there on out I pretty much could only get my hands on indicas here in my corner of Florida. No more CEVs, just couchlock.  I sure do miss the sativas.

6. Yep. Mexibrick. 15-20% THC with a thousand seeds and the thickest stems. The cartels grew acres of this stiff both male and female. It was always seeded. And as afar as i can remember, it was all that was availbale for the most part in L.A. area. You could get dank, but you had to hunt for it as it was rare. The cartels owned the L.A. weed market back in the early to mid 70's. Back then, you could practically walk across the border with it .

7. Most of my clothing and car had little seed burns.  The pot was so full of stems and seeds that a bowlful was a possible fire!

8. I'm about 3.5x as young as you guys but I had CEV's maybe my first 4 or 5 times then never again.
    For me at least it had to do with my tolerance. I watched a show with real people and swore it was animated. Wish I could go back to those highs.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. Really great topic OP thank you so much! 

As @IFourTwenty said, Inflation is a mother fucker... 5.00 then is like whoa shit now.

I've been smoking for about ... Idk, 7 years now, for the first 3 on and off and the last 4 has been everyday and sometimes extremely heavily depending on my mood with a spurt somewhere in there that was 14g per day of some top shelf... 

I feel like the high definitely changes, that's why I take breaks every now and again because it's not the same as when you first smoke... After a while it's just maintenance I feel like because it becomes a common chemical for your body to accept. Mainly I would still get the movie feeling but that's about it.. But after taking a few weeks-months off, coming back is like Christmas all over again :3

10. #30 Bainman23, Dec 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2014
    Yes, the older you get the high definitely changes. When I was in my late teens, In the 80's, I would smoke genuine Durban Poison in little sticks. R10 for 10 sticks. That's $1. A few hits from a bowl and I was almost on my arse for the first 20 minutes. Then you came down to a nice 3 hour softer high. I used to trip so much on the real deal poison that when I lay down to sleep I had bright colourful images in my head, almost like movie pictures on the back of my eyelids. And I could do so much with my mind. The highs were intense and long lasting. You had to be careful. Somtimes if you had too much you would go over the edge. Trust me, the weed back then was just as powerful as it is today. I'm obviously talking from a South African perspective.

Also, I have read that over the years your THC receptors become "overworked" and the effects are much softer than we your receptors were virgin or "young". That's why it is essential to take weed breaks, but I will admit, that is hard for me at my age as I am a genuine stoner.

I envy youngsters who smoke. I like watching them an I get envious at the intense rush they get.

Now for some will power to tale that mech needed break.

11. Back in the day when you were smoking almost all weed was sativa, that's why you got those visuals man. You got a med card or live in a green state? If so go to a dispensary that has a strain called LSD. I can guarantee that shit will make you have some visuals if that's what you're looking for.

12. All you lucky buggers who live in green States...makes me so bloody envious.

13. Nowadays, when I get lifted...

My mind slows down the barrage of thoughts that are firing off inside my mind enough, so that I can focus on A, B, or C task instead of trying to live my life while I'm being torn to shreds by all the things in my life that demands attention.

14. These days when I am bent I am fully in control as opposed to when I was blazed as a 19 or 20 year old. Everything green changes but it still remains amazing and always will.

15. Easy way to get through monotonous, non-thinking chores.

Also a great way to express some creativity in drawing, guitar, story-building etc.

Enhance life....don't deaden it!

16. I sometimes get CEV's from smoking weed, but I can almost certainly attribute that to flashbacking to previous none weed experiences.  I have always visualised better while stoned for sure though, like someones face and what not.

17. Used to have some cool visuals when smoking. Back when I was first starting I remember one time I was seeing red and blue 2D patterns everywhere, hard to explain but really interesting. Whenever I had cool stuff like that happen I could never enjoy it because I was freaking out. Really wish I could have highs like that now!

18. There is only one downfall about Greens. The dreaded high tolerance level. I thought as a youngster I would be able to keep on getting stoned for the rest of my life. I had a rude awakening...The tolerance issue sucks, I hate it!

19. When i started smoking i had crazy visuals too. Its like your unconcious/concious thoughts come to surface more visually. Like you can see your thoughts, not placebo really seeing them. One time i was listening some music and my mind created the perfect scenario for that music. I seen different social situations affected by what kinda vibe that song gave off

20. AAAAAAAHHHHHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA. I remember that.......hey, siouxz....do I know you?