Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Old stoners: does your high change as you age?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Eclecticity, Nov 11, 2014.

1. I'm 61 years old and enjoyed weed back in the 70's when I was in my 20's.  I quit for many years and started again a few years ago.  Anyway, the weed back then was supposedly weaker.  I know it was often brown and had a lot of seeds and stems, even the green stuff. Back then I would have tons of closed eye visuals every time I toked, regardless of buying different kinds.  I also noticed colors being more intense.  Now, I don't notice any CEV's or much difference in colors.  Is that due to aging?  I buy really good weed now, just no visual type effects, regardless of the strain.  Maybe the brain changes as you get older?  Thoughts?

2. What are CEVs? What type of visual effects does weed give off? I have been smoking since 1972 and all I noticed is the weed has gotten stronger and the stoners are making rocket science out of the 420 culture. I can remember when you would buy an oz for $10 and a pack of zig zags for 25 cents and you were good to go.

3. #3 ICGreen, Nov 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2014
    The old landrace Sativa's could create those very effects, sometimes to the point of near hallucinogens. There are a few strains out there that are nearly as good.

It's not the brain, it's the breeding. :smoke:

Edit: Fuck Spell check, dang.

4. #4 Yana Usdi, Nov 11, 2014
    Back in the 70s most of our pot in the US at least was sativa, after the drug war kicked into high gear and grows moved indoors indica started to show up a lot more due to being better adapted for indoor grows so much of what we see these days is either a cross or a straight indica. First thing I'd suspect is that you just aren't smoking the same stuff that you did when you were younger.

A cross can have strong sativa characteristics but you might have to look around a bit for one with the same feel that you were looking for.

5. #5 RonaldBilius, Nov 11, 2014
    you need to smoke some dank sativas they can still get you crazy blazed

6. #6 ShatterWulf, Nov 11, 2014

CEVs are Closed Eye Visuals. To a certain extent it makes pretty good sense that someone would possibly see some Phosphenes when they get really high, since cannabinoids have been shown to reduce intraocular pressure. I agree with most of the other people here, you should try some really strong sativas, Durban Poison is probably my favorite sativa, but Alaskan Thunderfuck is so crazy it might be like what you're looking for, last time I had some it was crazy spacey.

7. #7 BloodBooger, Nov 11, 2014
    Been smoking for nigh on 40 years....and I smoked the good stuff...Acapulco Gold, Pana Red, Columbian Gold, Mexican, Brickweed from Mexico, Thai, Thai Stick, original honey oil, Blonde and Black Hash...and I NEVER got any visual stimulations, hallucinations..got stoned as a squirming worm on ***...but my vision was never affected in any way whatsoever...all this talk of visual stuff has just gotta be baloney......

8. I smoked a lot of  great, and no-so-great, stuff back then, but I don't remember any CEV's.  There might be some domestic strains now that can do it, as people have reported, but I've never personally had any. 

9. Ahhhh, the good old days, I remember them well.

10. The only thing I notice is that I have different problems than my 20s than now..I like the wide offerings now and I am in Texas...I might faint when I walk into a CO store while on a ski trip with the kids, they ski, I smoke and cook for them..its a win win

11. Everything changes as you age. Some of it is even good.

12. #12 OneOfTheGoodOnes, Nov 12, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
    Please, name two.

13. I suppose that was a generalization.
    But, speaking from a personal standpoint.....

1. I no longer worry about impressing anyone or care what they think of me. They either like me or they don't. No sleep lost.
    2. Food discounts at Golden Corral

14. #14 SocialSmoker213, Nov 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2014
    10$ an oz?!? please tell me your exaggerating or you need a half ounce to get high. thats like a quarter a fucking gram.
    time to time travel to 1970's and buy myself 100 pounds and come back to 2014

15. If you want to go back even farther, the first Oz I bought was $5.00.

16. Perhaps our brains react minimally to decently different to cannabis, depending on user. It is just like this with other drugs, some react differently to more or less of substance.

17. #17 OneOfTheGoodOnes, Nov 13, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
    #1; I've always been that way.
    #2; I much prefer cooking at home and when I do go out they don't think I'm old enough to get the discount.

The thing I like most about being older is I can take a nap anytime I want and no one gives me a hard time about it.
    Another thing, it was so easy to get a MMJ card, at 69 they pretty much forced me to take it.

18. :eek:  :eek:  :eek: jesus, must of been hard on you guys to watch prices increase so much

19. Don't you know it!
    The reason I bought the Oz was for the seeds, Panama Red, as I was already growing.
    Damn, that was back in `60.

10 dollars used to actually be something back then..this chart only goes to 2002, but you can clearly see the trend.

Attached Files: