First time grower ????

Discussion in 'Security' started by Mary8P, Nov 11, 2014.

1. I decided to try growing out, as sort of a hobby, but..

I have no idea what I am doing...

I would love some input about my set up from peeps that have personal experience!

I am currently growing one plant with a 150 hps (from Sun System) I started out doing an 18/6 light schedule, but a good friend told me that he just leaves his lights on 24/7 so I switched to that. I used normal soil, with fertilizer I believe, no additives or nothin. Plus! today I should be getting in the mail my Secret Jardin Dark Room 2 pro 60 (24x24x64), and intake and outtake fan, a fan controller, and a hygrometer.

Let me know what you guys think! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Go to the absolute beginner section and start reading. No ones going to coach you through every little thing. That's how I learned

3. Of course I'm gonna read forums like a mother fucker. I just wanna know if my set up sounds good

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Your set-up will be perfect. Be forewarned though, that growing cannabis is very addictive. There is great joy in bringing forth psychoactive flowers from a tiny seed.

5. main suggestions are to make sure your grow room has the correct temperature. The ventilation is good, just keep an eye on temp. light souds good. light schedule is fine whether 24 hrs or 18 just make sure you keep it consistenent don't start flipping back and forth too much. Everything sounds good it should do well.

I would STRONGLY suggest watching "jorge cervantes how to grow marijuana" It will tell you EVERYTHING you need to know. Since you just have the one plant you don't need to go over the top it will probably come out good.

6. It sounds so complicated/overwhelming :/

It's simple if you follow like 5 basic steps.

1) quality lighting (HID, LED)
    2) proper airflow/ventilation
    3) moist, nutritious soil
    4) train your plant(s) for best yield
    5) use quality genetics and harvest when ripe

8. Beginner section and Jorge Cervantes videos here I come!

4:20

Hey, this thread is pretty old now... how did your first plant turn out?