How did you become an Athiest??

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by shermdawg767, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Didn't atheists exist long before evolutionary theory existed?

Don't theists accept evolutionary theory, too?

Perhaps people think we pray 5 times a day facing towards the direction of Darwin's grave lol

2. Its 6 times a day you heathen

3. Darwin's mechanism of natural selection explains the origin of species, not the origin of life

4. another thing creationists like to ignore...

-yuri

5. Atheist are not a collective hive nor do they remain stuck in archaic tribal group think.  Once you liberate yourself from man's worse inventions like religion and the 1000s of gawds, only then do you understand the power of mankind and true freedom. Not everyone is strong enough to handle that, it is a cause for the very few. A growing few as we become more intelligent.

6. no no definitely not

[​IMG]

7. pretty sure I seen the majority of atheists are far left collectivist liberals too

Atheism has nothing to do with intelligence. Atheists are just as susceptible to primitive group think and mob rule.

Atheists are still turned on by the lure of Kim kardashian and McDonald's.

Atheists can believe some pretty fucked up things

-yuri

8. #509 bushsmokerkushsmoker, Feb 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2015
    Almost all our problems nowadays are due to religion. And if any religion is owned by a good-doing god...they wouldn't of created religion since religion nowadays is ruining the Earth and killing people. Therefore religion is evil. Personally I was raised an atheist and even if I was raised Christian for example I couldn't see myself believing in a god after the clusterfuck of a shitstorm religions kicked up today. But then again some people are just brain washed from the moment they're born...

9. American war mongering kills more people than religion and isn't based on religious beliefs. It's based on the idea that our way of life is being protected.

-yuri

10. I find that strange being a mostly right winger. More economically right. The religions of the world are direct derivatives of tribal groups, many remain in those antediluvian system. Most atheists seem to break that mold of collectivism as free thinking individuals. No defining doctrine, no real organized mono-theistic like gatherings. Some are drifting into that, I must say as more of a mockery of religion that adherents of religion. It is funny when I read about an atheist church.

What mob rule does 1% or less of the population present?

11. The relationship between atheism and political views are a correlation. One can't demonstrate either as a cause for its counterpart.

People don't get more intelligent when they stop believing in god. It tends to be the case that the more intelligent a person is, the more likely they are to reject the concept of a god.

12. #513 yurigadaisukida, Feb 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2015
    of coarse.

I'm just arguing that "most of the worlds problems" are NOT caused by religion.

Greed is the most common cause of our worlds problems.

-yuri

13. Yeah but religion is a big factor of deaths...pretty much all terrorists and look at Islamic state...around 400k of them atm and they'll have to be killed at some point otherwise they'll turn into more and more terrorist groups. Splitting up, creating mote terrorist children, and killing westerners because they're all brainwashed

fixed

15. In the words of Christopher Hitchens, "I am absolutely convinced that the main source of hatred in the world is religion".
    I would say that greed is the foundation for the upbringing of religions and therefore the root cause.

16. Democracy kills useless fucks like terrorists...are you a terrorist supporter ;) So you want some communist America or wherever your from

17. you can love your country without having to love your government
    as one can love the knowledge gained from religious teachings without being attached to the central dogma

18. A: Islam is a scape goat. These terrorists were radicalized by the Soviet union.

B: the real reason Muslim extremists hate us is because they've become convinced that American capitalism is built on the backs of 3rd world slave labor. This is why they call us infidels

C: ww2 had no religious motives. Our war in the middle east and the war between Israel and Palestine are also not religiously driven.

Saying religion causes most of our problems is extremely short sighted.

You'll be sorely disappointed when religion is gone and people are still killing eachother

-yuri

19. Was born one, got brainwashed into trying to believe something i din;t truly believ ein and always questioned, hit 12 years old and started to not to try to force myself believe bullshit anymore.