How did you become an Athiest??

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by shermdawg767, Nov 10, 2014.

1. #381 decloudup high, Dec 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
    I am mo atheist or believer but I come from a catholic family and let me tell you.. your nothing more than a wave in an ocean exploring itself, think what it would feel like to not be alive, can you really imagine what non existence is like, no you can't because you can't have an experience out of nothing.. jesus, Buddha, people that have stirred the world in a certain way all have something in common, a certain enlightenment. Life is an experience your just energy inside a piece of meat

2. i think he woke up today and seen the light.. no pun attended

3. Farmer14, you completely hijacked this thread and made it a chore to read. The topic of the thread was not creationism versus evolution, it was how did you an atheist. You were unwanted from the start and haven't shut up for 20 straight pages.

4. Evolution

I slowly turned into an atheist over time as I grew wiser and started questioning obvious flaws in logic

-yuri

5. cry a river why don't you

6. Lol just realized all the die hard Christian parents are in the USA,
    Canada is laid back with the religion shit I told my parents when I was a kid that God was bullshit they just said whatever I believe lol

Sent from my HUAWEI Y210-0151 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. If we're the children of god.. what kind of parent would leave his kids before they even see them? A shitty one. life is just a waiting game. Im a scientologist not an atheist tho.

8. Same in the UK. I'm an atheist as I have a logical mind and find it hard to believe in an almighty being that created us.  But I also like to keep my options open ;) lol

9. . Scientology is what? Belief in aliens?

then you haven't met my best friend's parents.  they are Canadian and religiously rabid.

Yeah, pretty much.  But no less ridiculous an ideal than believing that the gods of religious doctrine are any different/more real than the gods of ancient "mythology".

Mind control and money.  That's what they're ALL about...

Why does a personal god need to be tied to anything "organized"?  Like a "church"...

12. mind control and money, mind control and money. I think we got a new hook for a song

You conveniently looked over the thoughts highlighted in blue...

14. #394 farmer14, Jan 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2015
    no no. You assume I overlooked it. Your comment implies that I was ridiculing his belief in Scientology when all I did was merely ask what scientology is.

So I ignored your comment because of your false implication, not overlooked it.

Get it correct if you decide to speak for me

15. Spot the butthurt Christfag
    *cough* famer14 *cough*

16. Well I tried to make this thread so I could find out how others became Athiest but now it's turned into a classic forum quarrel. :(

"Wait! We can't stop here, this is bat country!"- Fear and Loathing

17. lol is that what you resort to

18. weird lol ive never met anyone crazy religious besides priests

19. I think this is the first time I have replied to this thread. If I have before, I don't remember.

Anyway, in case you missed the title of the thread, it's about how atheists came to become atheists.

You are not an atheist. What the fuck are you even doing here, mate?

Sort out your life lol.

20. . Lol public forum regardless of the question, is it not. Could've just answered your own question