• Jan 24 2007 04:34 AM
  • 25 Replies
  • Please log in to reply
  • Experimentalist

• purplemeadow
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 622 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 04:34 AM

I'm a runner and have run half-marathons, but started smoking bud on a daily basis...What does smoking weed do to your running? Does it screw your endurance such as a cigarette?
Replies (25)

• Banned

• Magick
  • Banned by Moderators
  • 360 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 04:42 AM

I play tennis 3-4 hours a day and smoke everyday and partialy high at practice but i play really good while high due to increase concentration. I don't notice the effect if I play and smoke consecuitvly but if I dont play for a while I can really feel it. I have noticed that I can hold my breath ALOT longer then what I use to. werd.

• deafeningsilanc
  • Users Awaiting Validation
  • 794 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 04:44 AM

i smoked in high school and ran cross country. i currently swim in college and smoke virtually everyday.

• Budalicous

• PipPip
  • NorthernSun
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 05:31 AM

If you stay pretty active you'ee be fine. im smoked fairly heavy in high school, and played soccer, basketball, and ran track without any problems.

• Puffin' That Tropical

• dopenugz
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 05:39 AM

yea i ran cc track and played soccer indoor and outdoor if you are in good shape it shouldnt be a problem

i have been out hs some time but i still run 3-5 times a week usually 5-10miles each run and i play soccer twice every week and blaze pretty much all day everyday and dont have any problems

• Banned

• ElDust
  • Banned by Moderators
  • 347 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 06:34 AM

Man I was stoned as hell off of 4 firecrackers and we had a 2 mile run test, I almost died man.

• Rustymetal
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 170 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 02:13 PM

I play tennis 3-4 hours a day and smoke everyday and partialy high at practice but i play really good while high due to increase concentration. I don't notice the effect if I play and smoke consecuitvly but if I dont play for a while I can really feel it. I have noticed that I can hold my breath ALOT longer then what I use to. werd.

I play tennis for about a hour, when I do it high I noticed a run for balls on the other side of the court more, and faster. Or maybe it just feels th at way because I'm high.

I like to exercise high generally. You must make the distinction between high, stoned, ripped out of your mind. I happened to get totally fucking stoned out of my mind one time; and knowing it was a bad idea to still go jogging. I still did and it was the worst time of my life.

As to just smoking[weed] in general, it should not have much effect on you.

• PipPipPip
  • paintballa0407
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 79 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 06:30 PM

I used to run but quit cause I didnt like it anymore. Played B-ball, and currently play soccer in college. I used to run good to best PR was 16:59 as a freshman in highschool. fastes mile 4:54. Lets hear your guys times.

• Banned

• Cali Ounces
  • Banned by Moderators
  • 6,864 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 07:34 PM

last time i ran from the police (not for mj related offenses) i booked it a good six miles sprinting for about the first one and then jogging the rest. thank god i quit smoking cigarettes the week before or i'da been fucked. so id say nah man people usually cant run cuz they smoke and dont do shit, if your already a pretty active person dont trip on it.

• deafeningsilanc
  • Users Awaiting Validation
  • 794 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 07:46 PM

my best 5K was on a street course and it was a 16:30ish. Best mile was a 5:12.

Swimming for those who know it, 50 free is a 22.35, and my 1650(mile) is around 20 minutes.

i smoke daily, and swim 3+ miles a day for practice and find that there is a bit more spitting involved, phlem is a problem for me, im not sure if its from toking or what, its not black like cig smokers that cough shit up, so idk really.

• Milky Rips!

• PipPipPip
  • dude im good
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 97 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 09:13 PM

playin bball high is great and if u smoke before you play it really shouldnt bother you but lets say i take a few days off from smoking then basketball is so hard, i smoke ciggarettes and it can be tough to play cause your out of breath but i just tough it out and ill be ok

• stickyone13
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 09:25 PM

my personal best, back in high school when i ran cc, was 16:40. I ran that as a junior, in midseason, and i started the year out right around the 18 minute mark, so who knows what could've been. i tore a ligament in my ankle doing indian runs through this trail. tripped over a root, fucked my world up. couldn't even get on a bike for 4 weeks. ran a 17:38 at district. i was fucking pissed.

• waiting for my ruca

• chevyguy2034
  • Old School
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 10:13 PM

I play tennis for about a hour, when I do it high I noticed a run for balls on the other side of the court more, and faster. Or maybe it just feels th at way because I'm high.

everytime i run high i don't get out of breath as easily, i think bud opens up your blood vessels, so more blood flow = more oxygen to your muscles

• Banned

• chipcago
  • Banned by Moderators
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 10:23 PM

THC opens up the aveoli in the lungs, which allows for easier respiration.

• R.I.P.

• LegitBaller
  • Bronze Member
  • 10,657 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 11:43 PM

if running from pigs counts :wave: :smoking:

• food tv for life mayng

• enevitable
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 2,165 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 08:22 AM

i run and lift weights almost every day

• Banned

• stew12
  • Banned by Moderators
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 06:41 PM

The fact is, yu will always be better at your sport if you didn't smoke anything.

• ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

• ∞HiGhGuY∞
  • Old School
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 11:32 AM

it depends, everyone is different. I'm 22 and i smoke weed and cigs, everyday since i was like 16. and i can still run fine. but just like anything (no matter if you smoke anything or not) the more you do it the easier it gets..last summer when i was on a strict work out schedual, i would smoke weed on the way to work, on both 15 minute breaks, and on the drive home, and at the point in the day, i had already smoked about 1/2 to 3/4 pack of cigs, and i'd come home and run 1.5 miles in about 10 mins.

• PipPipPip
  • Daniel St.Marti
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 04:16 PM

I run regularly to keep fit...3 miles a couple times a week.

• THClicious

• cannabis
  • Old School
  • 2,975 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 06:21 AM

I'd say smoking hasn't effected my running, but i don't really do much anymore...the only running i do now is from the police.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 1999 - 2015 420Network BV | All rights reserved