Hermie seeds from herbies

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by IndicaGrove, Nov 9, 2014.

1. But you never actually read the paragraph of my original post where I ask for input from the community. 

Quote my original paragraph, "Now I  will get to my question for anyone who can help me.  What strains can I grow next spring that will not hermie no matter how bad they get stressed?  I want to grow Barney's tangerine dream but I have heard that it occasionally hermies.  Has anyone had any experience growing tangerine dream from Barney's or tangie from Reserva Privada outdoors guerrilla style? I had the opportunity to smoke some tangie from a dispensary and I thought I had died and gone to heaven.  I just want to grow a tangerine plant that is even close to as good as a tangie and I want it to have very little risk of turning hermie."

It's not your fault though.  It's my fault for replying to you.  I should have never replied to an obvious troll.  Oh well...this is the last reply I will give you.  Enjoy :)

2. Yes I did read it and when YOU said you don't honestly didnt know if they hermied I thought maybe that meant you honestly didn't know and there was a chance you might be looking in the wrong direction. When YOU said you don't have an eye for Hermie's I figured that meant you didn't know what too look for not that you were an expert that studied for months. So there is a 50/50 chance it could be either or, as far as I'm concerned and even you don't have a definite answer. So I apologize for giving some little peckerhead know it all child on his very 1st grow some help. Wouldn't you rather know what happened so you can fix the problem instead of guessing. Go ahead, spend some big $ on some great genitics and take them to that exact same spot next year. Since you have zero clue to what happened you might want to keep your fingers and toes crossed that it wasn't males or you'll waste another hole growing season and you can throw them away again, wasting money, time and resources.So fine I'll keep enjoying my seed free crops and you can take a gamble again next year.

You want to know why nobody answered to what strain won't hermie . Because unless its a deep dark secret don't you think everyone would be growing and crossing them with others? Maybe I'm wrong and haven't been let into that circle of knowledge yet. There are strains that are more stable, non are perfect.

Either way its no skin off my back, I don't want to be an expert like you, there's always room to learn and take advice. 20 years from now when I'm growing another seedless I'll still be saying the same.

3. You do realize that FEMENIZED seeds ARE HERMIES dont you? :smoke:

How do you think they become FEMENIZED? They spray a hormone inducing chemical on a female to cause her to produce male flowers to pollinate herself.

You dont want hermies? Grow regular seeds.

But i like the whole spin on it being the fault of the seedbank LOL

4. LOL dude someone on here just gave me a great strain that I will consider using next year.  Check the comments.  Troll harder kid.  You're trash.  Ok that is the last reply I give you.  I know I broke my promise last time. Good day to you troll.  Kindly leave my post and troll elsewhere.  Thanks.

5. Heres some fun reading :smoke:
    Info on feminized seeds/hermies:

http://www.cannabisculture.com/node/394

6. #26 brixfix, Nov 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2014
    Lol sorry to get under your skin I hope it all works out for you. It should after all you have been studying for months. Have all the great strains you want, all im saying and have said is you might want to check into EVERY possible explanation since you yourself say you honestly dont know what happened. So before you go plant that great genitic you might want to cover your ass.Oh and by the way the #1 way to spot a troll.....they say their done posting and then keep at it

7. I think you have been misinformed.  Their are natural hermies and hermies invoked using colloidal silver.  Feminized seeds are made by spraying colloidal silver on a strain to get a plant that would not naturally hermie to hermie.  This does not make feminized seeds hermie.  All seeds have the ability to hermie including regular seeds.  However, some strains are more likely to hermie than others.  Some strains hardly ever hermie and those are the ones I am looking for.  And no it's not the seedbanks fault but it can be the breeders.  In no way did I say it was herbies fault.  But thanks for trying.  Cya :D

8. #28 rain dancer, Nov 10, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
    Lol, you obviously dont know me, but thats okay,

Youre close. Coloidal silver and giberellic acid are both used to invoke hermpahroditism which is then passed on to the offspring as a genetic trait (switched on) and waiting for any sort of stress to invoke the trait.

You obviously didnt read the science behind the breeding i posted above or else the misinformed comment and thanks for trying (which i assume to be sarcasm) wouldnt have been ignorantly made in my opinion.

And with that said. In my ten years growing ive never had one plant hermie that i didnt hermie on purpose for breeding programs. So it comes down to you at the end of the day.

Buy regular seeds and then hermies wont be an issue.

Also, understanding hermies is the beat way to Put an end to hermies.

9. He's gunna argue with everyone poke. 1st time grow with months of knowledge.

10. Im Mainly posting for those that find his post in 5 years so they get the science in the midst of his pseudoscience. :)

But ill take your comment and exit the door now. :wave: thank you very much!

11. LMAO we got a badass over here. You're right I don't know you but you are misinformed.  You can get hermies with regular seeds.  Read up on it.  There is an ongoing debate about it.  This has turned into a discussion about feminzed seeds and you will find a million experienced breeders to argue with you that feminized seeds do not produce more hermies than regular.  But whatever Billy badass.  Cya :D

12. Ya I got tied up with this for way too long, been one of those days...Im out

Good luck with your next grow indacagroove. This is a great place for advice and discussion, some you'll like, some you won't. Great thing about it you can still do whatever you decide.

13. LMAO Thank you captain obvious.  Good to know I can still do whatever I decide.    Looks like you finally got tired of trolling on your day off and it's back to work for you tomorrow.  Cya pathetic troll trash.

14. #34 mactheman, Nov 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2014
    of course you can getn hermies with reg  seeds ,, the making of Female seeds is not just spraying with chemicals,,,first you have to find a mother plant that when stressed don't hermie  ,,,it can take a lot of female plants to find one that wont hermie by stressing it ,,,,when you do find that one mother plant that dont hermie thats when you spay with the colloidal silver to get the male flowers to pollinate the mother plants clones that youve taken before hand ,,,,,,that way if you grow the seeds you'll get 98% female plants ,,,of course you can get a hermie some times ,,,,,but ive grown femmed seeds for years and only had a couple fail and turn hermie,,...the thing is always buy femmed seed from a good seed bank ,,cuz not all seed makers go to the trouble of finding that one female plant that dont stress in to hermie ,they use any female plant ,which of course will work but the chances of hermies greatly increases by using a female that has not been tested for stress,,,,,,,,,mac