Weed is a gateway drug? Based on my experience

Discussion in 'General' started by ReturnFire333, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Also dude you should really learn the definition of " Gateway drug".

2. #42 ReturnFire333, Nov 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2014
    Where is @yurigadaisukida or however in the hell you spell that dudes name.

3. #43 ReturnFire333, Nov 9, 2014

the gateway drug theory (also called gateway theorygateway hypothesis and gateway effect) states that the use of less deleterious drugs can lead to a future risk of using more dangerous hard drugs<sup>[1]</sup> or crime.

Definition confirmed, my point still stands

Yes, that's what you need to make beer.

But how often do you go to a stranger a buy home-brewed beer? If marijuana is legal and you have easy access to many diverse strains (as is the case with alcohol now), why would you be going to buy from questionable and illegal sources (assumed marijuana would get regulated similarly to alcohol)?

The primary 'gateway' aspect of marijuana is it's illegality. I don't know how much more I can beat this dead horse. 

5. lol did you really just quote Wikipedia out of context to me?

6. lol theres nothing in cannabis that makes one crave more.. If you decide to use harder drugs that's on you, mj has nothing to do with it.

7. You have the ability to choose where you get your weed from and that includes choosing a dealer who does not sell unmentionables. You can take preventive action if you really want to avoid scenarios involving other drugs. You should know when you are entering a scenario where you will be offered other drugs and prepare yourself to turn them down and avoid them as much as possible.
    I am not arguing with your definition of 'gateway,' I am arguing against your statement that people are powerless to avoid them! It is a simple as choosing where you get your weed from and using a little will power to say no.

8. It comes from the same old "correlation = causation" pseudo science that gets proven wrong over and over again.

Price. Also my points still stands that even if the subject in question is minimilized as much as possible, it still stands.

No. The primary gateay aspect of cannabis is its abiltity to expose people to harder unmn drugs.

10. #50 ReturnFire333, Nov 9, 2014

Gateway drug does not mean that smoking weed will cause you to consume or crave unmentionables, but that it can easily bring the possibility and availability there to many people, readily available.

I am not going to let this broken fallacy "point" gain ground.

11. #51 ReturnFire333, Nov 9, 2014

Correlation definitely does equal causation, even if it were just for one person, it's true. But it's for WAY more than one person, millions. People are curious, weed opens a door, along with alcohol, cigarettes, etc.

12. This makes 0 sense

13. #53 8ight, Nov 9, 2014

Again... are you going to strangers to buy beer because it's cheaper? No, because it's illegal and shady and not worth the risk when you can just walk into a store and legally and safely purchase alcohol.

If you walk into a dispensary to buy cannabis, are you going to get exposed to harder drugs? It's not cannabis itself that makes it a 'gateway', it's the fact that you're going to illegal drug dealers to buy it.  

[​IMG]

Really wat.

15. Wow are you really that stupid?

I guess ice cream sales going up in the summer are the reason for higher rape rates during the summer because as you know there is a correlation between ice cream sales and rape...

Its known that correlation does not equal causation... you are dumb... I sincerely hope no one else wastes any time on your idiocy.

16. This horse died years ago, now you're just kicking its pseudo scientist bones around. I'm out of this thread before it completely implodes upon itself when this dude quotes himself for the 10th time. :bongin:

I'm not, but people are/do. Point still stands. I have to keep making my same points here jeeze.

Correlation=causation with your flimsy logic, correlation of being at the beach leads to swimming in the ocean. Apples to oranges. Going to a weed dealer correlating with him producing a bad of unms, which people end up trying. There's no way to disprove it, it's fact.

19. So can anything else. Asprin can be a gateway drug then cause apparently it can lead to other Pain Killers....EVEN THOUGH i said no. 

20. #60 ReturnFire333, Nov 9, 2014

I have to quote myself repeatedly because of people posting the SAME fucking point after I explain what that point holds no ground.

Yes. If that makes you feel better about weed being a gateway drug as much as you don't want it to be, or helps you understand my point, that is a true statement.