My first grow using LED and MH/HPS

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by glassdarkly, Nov 8, 2014.

1. #21 loki125, Nov 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2014
    Lift the pot of its light strangely light water or put ya finger in the soil if it wet dont water of dry water
    Cannabis loves to have a drench then allowed to dry then drench again to drybshe wilts too wet she wont get enough o2 to her roots and she suffercates from days 1-15 very small waters grom day 15 you can give a bigger water. It best to slightly under water than over water
    Recovery tome.from slight under water is couple hours. From over water could be a week ot so depends how quock the soil dries out enough for the plant to.breath :)

auto help page if you need help with autoflowers http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1294434-Need-help-with-autos?-Welcome

new vote page sept please vote http://www.dutch-passion.nl/en/photovote/2014-09-03-autoultimate%C2%AE-loki_1752/
    Autos are good but requires a slight different way of thinking to photos :)

auto help page if you need help with autoflowers http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1294434-Need-help-with-autos?-Welcome

new vote page sept please vote http://www.dutch-passion.nl/en/photovote/2014-09-03-autoultimate%C2%AE-loki_1752/

2. everytime my plants want water the leaves droop/wilt then i water and back they go up again, but the droop cant be good sign.owell

3. 4 days from sprouting. I lost a mystery seed sproutling due to accidently dropping the pot, but I am germinating another bubblelicious seed to replace it.

Attached Files:

4. Thank you for the advice!

I can't lower my light, because it is sitting on a box right now over the plants. I put a box underneath the pots to prop them up, though. Raised them about four inches higher. Why is stretching bad? I know it is't good, but never have seen a reason why.

I have my tent all set up in our spare bedroom, but will probably wait until my husband is off of work to get help with setting up the light, fans, and plants.

5. Still growing. I put a seed of bubblelicious in a container of fox farm's ocean without germinating it. I hope it pops up. It will be interesting to see if there is a difference in growth pace. I feel like these plants are growing slow in the organic soil I got from Walmart.

Attached Files:

6. Update: not a good day! My five year old autistic child uprooted one of the sprouts sometime earlier in the morning. I didn't try to save it, because the entire thing was wilted. Looks like I will be buying zipper locks for my tent. Super bummed!

I am already germinating another seed to replace it. This is the second plant that has been killed because it was uprooted. Think I have learned my lesson now!

I am using fox farm's ocean for the replacement seedlings. The two sprouts that are still alive are in the walmart organic soil, but I feel like growth is slower. Shouldn't they be bigger at 1 week old? They had been under a 96x3 light, but are now under a 600w MH light.

Also, that fox farms ocean feels very dense. I had the container filled almost to the top, but it shrunk way down when I watered it. Is this okay soil for seedlings and early veg stages? Also, has anyone used smart pots? I plan to use four five gallon smart pots for final transplant.

7. I decided to do something a little drastic and transplanted both into fox farm's soil. They acted a little sick for the first few hours, but have seemed to already perk up. They are sitting under a 600w MH light since the transplant, but are having dark time now. I already have another bubblelicious sprout waiting to go into the tent. It will be interesting to watch one start out it's first growth in the fox farms, as opposed to the organic walmart soil.

Attached Files:

8. I have a real problem with patience. I germinated two seeds thinking that these might not make it. So looks like I will need two more smart pots.

9. I thought that I would add a bit of new good news that came about recently. My husband met a dude who grows and is willing to sell me smoke on a regular basis. I got a quarter from him. It is literally the best weed I have smoked. He also gave me two feminised seed for free! Mk Ultra and another called Sage. I will be waiting to plant those until after this grow.

10. The plants are doing ok. The one that was transplanted and uprooted in the same day is still trying to recover, slowly. I wonder if it will pull through? I think I will call him Fred and the other plant Harry. Harry seems to have grown and looks like it has grown since the transplanting and sitting under the MH light.

Attached Files:

11. Thank you. I am learning patience with these plants. Now I just germinate seeds with little care, where as before I checked them every couple of hours. lol, seriously. The two plants I lost were due to uprooting, so at this point I just want to see them get bigger than 2 inches.

12. This is my only plant that is vegging now. The other one was severely stunted and seemed to be looking worse, so I threw it out. I have three seeds waiting to sprout in another room. Another issue is that the soil is dry the first 3 inches or so, but I can feel some dampish soil underneath that. I don't want to over water, so I guess I will wait a couple of days.

And I use no nurtrients on week two right? Or, at least, shouldn't? I hope I can keep this plant alive. My confidence comes and goes.

Attached Files:

13. Well, one of my plants had a nice growth spurt between 3 days ago and now! I watered and gave (her?)first round of nutrients. Big bloom and Grow big at half the recommended dosage. I heard it is good to water with plain water inbetween feedings, so...but I am thinking that she will need to be transplanted in a week or two to the five gallon.

The other seedling is super stretched. Oops? I am lowering the light a little later this afternoon. Ermm. Other than that, I am stoned and pretty happy so far to be making some progress.

Any Ideas about when I should LST or top the oldest plant?

Attached Files:

14. #39 gotta smokem all, Nov 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2014
    wouldnt do too much at this stage once you start see rapid growth then you can start training or whatever.
    personally i dont even touch the plants until there about 3 weeks in..

15. How does it look?

Attached Files: