Grinder problems

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by InhaleExhale716, Nov 8, 2014.

1. So I have a mini decent sized grinder I got at a tobacco store for 15 bucks. This thing was great until where the weed falls through some of the bud gets stuck and the silver piece comes out now....😑😑 Does anyone know why it feels like I have to grind super hard just to break up my bud?? I can't expect much for 15 but it's a 3 piece grinder with kief catcher.

2. By silver piece do you mean magnet?

The bud probably is hard to grind because the teeth aren't sharp. My diamond grinder is the same way, I have to twist it really hard, and it the bus doesn't fall through the holes. Doesn't really bother me. I just put a little muscle to it, and I always keep a golf tee or something handy to scrape the bud into the main compartment. You get what you pay for. I got mine for 30 bucks, and I'm satisfied :)

Sent from four score and seven years ago

3. my $6 never gets into these problems. price ≠ quality

4. Payed 3 dollars for mine, had it 5 years and still perfect :p

5. Clean it with isopropyl alcohol and a q-tip.

6. I bought an aluminum grinder for 15 too. It's shit compared to a $70 sharpstone. Not as many holes or cutting blades. I put a gram in it and about 1/3 of the weed does not fall through the holes. I have to grind twice  :mad:. And the kief screen broke out of it. Not easy to clean. I came from a world of scissors and fingers. Gil on weedmaps still uses his fingers to break up bud.

7. You can get a great grinder for like $30 OP. It's worth all the hassle you would otherwise be stuck with.

🎶Is this deliverance? Is it the end?🎶

8. Buy cheap buy twice.
    A good grinder costs $25-40 and should last you the rest of your toking career. You don't want metal flaking off into your bud.

Check out American Grinders and Diamond Grind

9. I would say Old School Smoker is right, get a better one but if you can not, it sounds like your only choice is to actually clean the bloody thing. You will be surprised how well even the cheapest ones work when they are not gummed up with resin/etc from previous grinds.

10. my Chinese made one from amazon is still chugging along. 7 bucks w/ shipping included. Not gunna do an iso wash with it because the outside is tarnished, not the inside, but it grinds perfectly, no metal shavings, sharp teeth, collects kief like a mother and its the perfect size.

I do think I saw a grinder on getting doug with high that has a little hole in the side of the grinder so you can dump the grindings right into the bowl without unscrewing the grinder and touching the weed. bougie as fugh but still neat!

11. My current grinder is kinda shitty, looks awesome - has a pokemon design on it but the functionality is meh. Anyone have any suggestions for a cheap (<$20) 4pc grinder?

12. It might be $25, but the sharp stone 2.2" is a really good one. You can find it an amazon by searching "sharp stone grinder 2.2""

Sent from four score and seven years ago

13. Mendo mulcher!!!

[​IMG]

14. #14 tranceholic, Nov 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2014
    small scissor is way better than using grinder

[​IMG]

15. #15 GardenFullOfWeeds, Nov 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2014
    Either get the sharpstone (cheap and effective) or the spacecase grinder (expensive and really effective). 

16. 4 piece grinder. Maybe the oils on my hands are making it tarnish or whatever. Grinds okay just not as good as I want. Where you put the bud that silver piece with holes comes out like wtf so cheap lol!!

Attached Files:

17. have you thought that you might be trying to grind to much herb at once? my grinder was swiped for a while, and the little punk that had it broke 2 of my teeth. and I know it was cause he packed it too full. the night before he swiped my grinder,  he was trying to grind some herb for a joint. he stuffed way to much weed in it, and was trying to force it.  I had to tell him to  take out some of herb and show him how to use it with out busting anything. I had that thing for 3 years, and never had any issues, or broke any teeth until that little fucker got a hold of it.