Wavys QWISO wax Method.

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Wavy, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Hey everyone, 

I know there's tons of info out there, but sometimes it's nice to see yet ANOTHER page out there... 

I've had a couple requests for a how to on my qwiso.

Mind you, I am not claiming this to be the BEST WAY.. 

This is just how I do it... I am not huge on concentrate, but i do enjoy it every once in a while, 
    I didn't want to deal with Butane purging, or just the risks involved.. 

This is just a nice quick method IMO

What you'll need.

ISO alcohol ( i use 91%, 99% is good too, but make sure to work VERY quickly with 99%) 

Strainers

Unbleached coffee filters

pyrex dishes

hot plate

fan (not needed but speeds up purge) 

Parchment paper

Bowls..

Razor blades

Weed.. as much as you want honestly.. try to use at least an eigth

First, We'll start by decarbing our buds... I personally do it at 250 for 20 minutes, but this isn't about that! 
    I wrap them up in foil as to not lose any vapors  image1.jpeg

After decarbing, freeze both your ISO and Buds (preferably frozen in the container you'll make the qwiso in)  image3.jpeg

Next i get my strainers and doubled up coffee filters set up in the bowls/measuring cups (whatever you want to collect from) and have them set up ready to go as everything needs to happen QUICKLY out of the freezer
    image2.jpeg

When all product is frozen, we now move VERY quickly 

we fill our jars with buds, i tend to do it at least half way, but for this how to i did full jars.. was trying to do a lot of product asap haha, and then fill with ISO just up to the budline.
    image4.jpeg image5.jpeg

Next we shake these jars lightly, (i shook hard so u could see it in the photo, ignore that) for about 30-35 seconds
    image6.jpeg

Then pour out the ISO from the jars into the coffee filters, careful not to spill buds into the bowl/strainer as that will end up in your final product if you don't restrain it... I put the lid to the jar off just a little so the bud can't get through  image7.jpeg

image8.jpeg

as it gets to the end of filtering, i give it a little shake to get leftover hash on the sides of the filter, and when it's all run through, i pour just a splash more ISO through to get those leftovers
    image9.jpeg

Now once fully strained, pour into pyrex dishes, (wide and flat is best) place on a hot plate, i set mine to 150 and have a fan to agitate the surface and help purge alcohol quickest.
    image10.jpeg image11.jpeg

now... Bug off! i'd stay away from the room it purges in as the fumes will be vile!!

when you get back a few hours later it should be done...

It'll not be liquid anymore, it'll be a thin amber layer, which you will be able to lean left right, and even upside down without your product moving around at all.  image12.jpeg image14.jpeg image15.jpeg

let it cool a little bit, and start scraping, and dumping it onto white parchment paper 
    image13.jpeg

you can then quickly tack it together and it'll glob into a nice blob in the middle  image16.jpeg image17.jpeg image18.jpeg image19.jpeg

Any questions.. Let me know! :)

2. that looks like death but I bet it smokes good haha :)

3. subbed to your new thread brother wave!

4. Dabbin! Not a bad run! Whats your full pull, weight wise?

about 6 grams from the 3 trays 6.8 total but i combined a tiny piece left from a last run
    not sure how much bud... probably about an OZ

It's THICK, when i thin it out it's amber as hell, let me take some better photos before i get bashed horribly  :smoke:

7. Sweet. Nice and easy.

8. had a little fun with it
    IMG_5081 (2).JPG
    IMG_5108 (2).JPG
    IMG_5110 (2).JPG

Attached Files:

9. See thats what im talkin bout right there!!!, and no blowin shit up either!!!

10. why did you decarb the bud? would make a lot more sense to decarb the oil after extracting.

11. #11 RED BEARD, Nov 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2014
    Why decarb at all?...if your gonna be like that!...do you decarb your buds brfore you smoke them?...many ways to skin a cat!...wave, your qwiso rocked me!... i like your process! Thank you for sharing with us!

12. I'd suggest purging in your back yard with a rice-cooker...and keep the lid handy...just my thoughts on oil making...always out side...hth

mojo

13. Pretty ugly but smokes like a champ. First of many runs to come in the future.

Attached Files:

14. Thats what it looks likew when you dont let it dry all the way. Its supposed to look like thin golden bread.

15. I wouldn't want my oil looking like bread lol

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. anyone still watch this? methods changed at all? what do u use to thin it out? do u need a decarb if useing in vape?

17. This threads pretty old, but you don't have to decarb if your gonna be smoking/ vaping it. His method is pretty much what I do, except I don't decarb, and shake for only like 5 seconds for the first run. The less you shake the less plant material in your product. Then I do a second run with the same buds and shake for like 10-15 seconds. You can do a third if you want and it will still be potent, just less clear and more plant material.