5 x Northern lights autos grow log, opinions wanted.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by growdiesel, Nov 6, 2014.

1. the reason i didnt get the mars originally ( and not bashing bc to each their own) but i read a few not so good reviews. esp about heat bc of the 5w instead of 3w. more is bettwer on some occasions but in regards to heat, not so much. 

they are certainly much cheaper, but you do get what you pay for thats y those california lightworks r soo expensive. bc they are quality. 

all opinions are much appreciated but i am going to try out the G8LED 450watt and see how my grow continues with that from here on out. 

next grow, maybe ill swap that out for something else. 

2. There a good quality product the reason the cali ones are expensive is also production cost is more in a country wjere living is more expensive
    China the produvtion is cheaper the leds they use are no different the drivers are simila.
    The 5w dont produce alot of heat not really i have 400w total watts running in a 3x3x5 tent with a 5inch extraction and my tents like 28 in summer and as low as 21.4 atm so to be honest there not that hot i find my 90w 3w ufo chucks out hottair than my mars2 :)

Tho the money you save. On the led you couls use to buy a decent extraction and still have plenty change

auto help page if you need help with autoflowers http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1294434-Need-help-with-autos?-Welcome

new vote page sept please vote http://www.dutch-passion.nl/en/photovote/2014-09-03-autoultimate%C2%AE-loki_1752/

3. CLW aren't any better quality. They say 'made in america' what they mean is 'put together in america using Chinese parts at $15/hour'.

4. I hear ya. I'll look into a 6 inch hv inline fan. Just didn't think it was needed with only 2x4x5 foot grow Tent. But If my temps are high then more extraction is needed I suppose. Right now the tent doesn't sick in or puff out. It took me some rerouting to get it too stop sucking in.

I'll post about the bigger inline after I get it and see if it helps the problem

5. you should be exausting you space 3x per min as cannabis will plough through the co2.mate :) if youndont have good air flow co2 willmdrop and plants will slownthere growth down

auto help page if you need help with autoflowers http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1294434-Need-help-with-autos?-Welcome

new vote page sept please vote http://www.dutch-passion.nl/en/photovote/2014-09-03-autoultimate%C2%AE-loki_1752/

6. So what your saying is two 4" high velocity inline fans with speed controllers is not enough to ventilated enough?? My tent is only a 2x3x5 seems like anymore fans would be over kill And allot more expensive on electric bill.

ok so maybe i need a 5 or 6 inch extraction. i havetn really ever sena 5" high velocity inline fan. or 5" ducting. i typically see 4" and 6" 

8. #51 growdiesel, Nov 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2014
    Got my LED in around 4. It's now 830 and temps have been staying around 75. Going to have to turn inline fan down on the cooler nights here or pull air from the room next door instead of from outside.

Plants were looking c like crap in my opinion. Baddddd drooping. Pretty sure it's under watering n too hot.

I'll post some pictures later. Hopefully the watering (still no nutes until Saturday or until I can get them looking better) and the new LED and lower temps perk them back up again,

9. Some new pics, two plants r sick, pretty sure under water n High heat. Pics r after 5 hours with news LED. THE bad two are already perking back up

Attached Files:

10. They look ten times better today, already. Was deff under watered and to hot. Plants seem to be living the LED so far

Attached Files:

11. I had actually lowered it from that pic. Someone else,had said that also. I had it 23"away. Now it's about 16 inches.

Check this yellowing out.... What can it be?not tips of leaves. Poured nutes on them last week and hit too much,of,the leaves. Maybe nute burn from sitting on leaves

Attached Files:

12. I'm assuming they will just get better over time?

They ok like they are ready for 1/2 strength of nutes once ready to be watered right? They are pretty full.

What I been noticing is that other grows I see they are getting more height out of them and less fullness. Should I be trying to stretch them out over next two weeks before flower?

13. #59 growdiesel, Nov 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2014
    Ok cool. They were drooping bad, believe they were underwatered. Gave them a watering and they perked right back up, they also droop bad during lights off, but then 3 hours after lights r on they r standing tall n dancing with fans.

Should I attempt to stretch them at all?they are very bushy n sprouting soooo many covered new leaves n branches.

I'm liking this new LED so far. I have temps pretty perfect where I can dial it I to whatever temp I want. Now I'm working to keep my humidity more steady. 38-48% right now. Would like to keep it about 45-50%

14. Forgot to post the pic

Attached Files: