clones transplant to coco -- growth but yellow

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by biggerbud11, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Hey guys -- I've done a couple soil grows successfully, and thought I'd give coco a go (based on all the good reviews). I pulled a bunch of clones a few weeks ago and transplanted to 2 gallon pots.

mix: 70% coco/30% perlite
    lights: 550 watts T8
    temp: 79ish
    RH: 50%
    Nutes: GH trio

So here's the problem -- they looked good when I had them in the ez-cloner the first couple weeks. But ever since, I've been struggling with a lot of yellowing. They are clearly growing, but it doesnt seem as vigorous as my soil grows. I think I may have pulled clones that were too big this time which probably didn't help matters.  I had been drip-feeding every day for about 3 minutes with .5GPH emitters.

Based on what I've read, I thought maybe there was TOO much moisture, so I haven't watered for 3 days. The coco is still damp, but now seems much less wet (and I haven't seen the leaf droop that signals thirst yet).  Am I on the right track or do I have some other issue?

thanks!

Attached Files:

2. And PH of nutes has been kept steady at 5.8. Here's a couple pics with better leaf close-ups. Thanks for the help!

Attached Files:

3. Heat burn on the edges?

4. I think that's part of it -- because the clones were bigger than normal I think I was getting more aggressive on the lights faster than I should, since they visually seemed more established. I cut back the 12-bulb light to only 6 bulbs and raised the light some. Running lights 24/0.

5. Although only a pc grow, I'm also running 24/0 and she's growing seriously fast but from seed not clone

6. Looks like a magnesium deff as well u got
    What ph do u feed them

Try feeding oh 5.6 water every other day unless they are drying out faster
    How high us your light above the plants