First time grow house - 100k investment

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by nomediocre, Nov 6, 2014.

1. #41 bruce786, Nov 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2014
    Well where is this so called consultancy? He has basically spent your money for you and walks away leaving you in this shit storm

Where has he calculated your cooling btu required per room.

Where are your cfm calculations per room?

Why has he not advised on co2 if temps are an issue?

Why are you having to go buy 2 ac units at 1am?

I seriously think you should have consulted gc before your friend.

2. That's roots is too acidic by itself, needs lots of lime and other stuff.

You should hire me as a consultant. I will guarantee a yield and a lower price than your current consultant. And I have plenty of time. I'll even let you sample my product before you decide...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Step off my game son!

4. subbed

interested on how this works out for you...good luck

NM, I know you don't know me from Adam and this is my first post here and all but I've been reading this thread the last few days and feel someone should be telling you some info about those panels.

You do know it's not a 480 watt unit? That's it theoretical max, probably draws ~280 watts and that's with fans included. You never should of went with LED for a commercial grow IMO and you never should of went near Blackstar. The reason your heat went up like that is the inefficiency of those panels. And when the heat goes up, the performance/output of those panels goes out the window. Mono based Chinese panels HAVE to have a great environment for them to be effective and produce a good yield especially in a large grow area. And large grow areas are an area where LEDs tend to be weak. Also from the photos that spectrum is terrible for seedlings and clones. LED lights like Blackstars have too much intensity in the peak chlorophyl absorption areas and it just hammers little plants it seems. Best to start them under CFL/T5/T8 bulbs for the first few weeks then transfer to LED. Also that panel's spectrum doesn't veg too well and you may have to go an extra week or two in veg to get a better yield. And what are you going to do about Cal/Mag supplementation? And do you know that glass in front of the LEDs is probably stealing 7 to 15% of the LEDs outputs? Not gonna help that yield any.

Listen I could go on for a while but the best advice is to get your friend/consutant involved to insure some kind of proper yield and to accept some of the reponsibility of what's going on in your grow room. You probably have a rough road ahead of you. Maybe a better strategy is getting those panels closer together and flower in a smaller area then expand the area as $$$ rolls in. I don't mean to be all doom and gloom here but a great poker mind isn't going to help here. Sorry :( . Anyway Best of Luck and keep us posted.

6. If yer shits to hot its because you dont have fresh air flow. You dont have enough plants to warrant running AC.

Its a lot like people with small cabinets have learned is air flow is key, just as clean water.
    get the hot air pumped out of the house and the AC will not have to work hard if at all.

7. Yikes.... What a nightmare. Good luck, hope you find someone who won't essentially give you some of the worst amateur advice I've ever heard.
    I'm subbed in because I wish you all the best and hope you can turn this around. I'm a huge fan of LED but with all that amps you can pull, with one of my electrician buddies in about 2 hours could have that wired in 220V and have many spots for 1000W HPS. Which would have been drastically cheaper and produce better buds than those black star.
    I actually ordered LEDs from the original makers of the black star from their assembly warehouse in China, saved about half the cost ordering from them and shipping it here than paying blackstars markup.

IMO I'd look at replacing those LEDs at some point, they aren't going to cut it in a commercial operation, maybe if you went for the mars2 1200, but those black stars won't be penetrating anything below 6 or 7 " below the canopy. HPS is proven results and hard to beat for the price. Its very clear your consultant doesn't know what the hell he is doing, you should not be having any heating issues if he used 2â„… of his brain

Sent from my Spaceship using the GrassCity App.

8. Found out today the ac system is broken which is not only causing no cold air, but no air is coming in at all. Also, the air being drawn from the carbon filter and out the room was making the entire floor way too hot, like 100.

The house has two separate ac units, upstairs and downstairs, so I routed the ducts to the filter that sucks in the air to distribute on the lower level so the hot air gets put through and dissipate around the house. Worked pretty well, the temperature is about 85 now, a good temporary fit while waiting to replace the ac unit.

As for the clones, about a third have perked up really well, a third are a bit wilted and the rest in pretty bad shock, probably because of the heat from the night before. Will keep misting throughout the day for this first week.

Attached Files:

9. Do some reasearch before dropping 100k. Complete bullshit. Stick to cards

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Unfortunately one of my weaknesses in poker is not knowing when to give up

11. Good luck man, fuck that consultant tho

12. Thanks, I know most of this forum means well. I came to this site because I realized as unreliable as my consultant ended up being it's wrong of me to not do my hw and expect to succeed, so lately I've been scouring the forums and e-books.

Can you or anyone recommend any good articles/books/etc?

13. I stay rite here man.. there is so much info in the city and some serious growers and good people taboot.

14. Start at begginers forum and poke around....

15. Investing 100k with no experience in growing? You need to turn a profit, so stop growing yourself. You don't know how to do it.

If you have dropped 100k, drop another 40 and hire someone for 12 months to work every day on your grow who knows how to do it right.

Just my 2c

That's just a big op and shouldn't be left to amateurs. Let a pro do it if you want to turn a solid profit, then learn from him/her.

16. Damn yo.  I expected more from a poker player.  Being a guy who played for about a year I was very intrigued by the original post.  Don't you know life is a big poker game?  Growing bud is the same man.  If you are in it for the money it's not an instant quick come up get rich quick scheme.  It's like rounding.  A little bit at a time.  Slow but definite growth to the bankroll, same as your plants.   You can read all the books in the world but you are going to need experience(again, just like poker).  Experience trumps all. I hope you still have at least 19 max buyins left....

If I were you I would look into lucas formula and soilless medium like coco or peat.  It's like half way between hydro and soil.  Simple as it gets.  I'm about to take a few steps backwards and try this simplified formula out for my next grow myself.

Also I think your clones are getting way too much light.  You don't want them to grow AT ALL until they have developed roots.  This is achieved by low light.  Just get a single t5 light strip per tray of clones.

I'm subbed.  I'd like to see how this turns out.  I wish you the best.

17. Seriously though, I will do it for less then half that. I'll come live at your place for a year for 20.

18. LED hasnt caught up to MH/HPS in plant growing terms yet, but maybe in the future it will.

I don't know about that. LED pricing hasn't caught up to the low prices of a MH/HPS system. But as as far actual growing technology LED full spectrum lighting surpassed MH/HPS . Do your research a lot of commercial growers are moving over to LED.

19. Check out this autoflower, hydro led grow buddy.

Why do you think leds can its be used above a hydro setup?
    Just curious :)

Chef.