First time grow house - 100k investment

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by nomediocre, Nov 6, 2014.

1. yeah I'm really not that good at gambling. Played once at the Hard Rock in Tampa. Lost first round.

2. Today we set all the roots organic soil into the pots. Gonna wet the soil and transplant tomorrow.

3. Sounds very interesting, subbed for the ride. Good luck aswell. I am a new grower myself, my first grow is about 3 weeks into flower and going pretty well. 90% of my research to learn growing came here from grasscity so my advice is just to read read read here on the forums.

4. Shoot, throw me 20% of the harvest profit and I'll move out there to be your on site consultant.

You'd take him up on it if you had any sense....

6. You guys dont have a fucking clue do you?. Clones dieing!!!

If you want bud you grow hydro under hid.

Fucking dirt under led!  Hope you have more money because you fuckers are going to starve to death if you need to make money at this.

Sorry dude but you guys would have been better off buying buds from someone who knows what they are doing.

7. Lol, thanks for the vote of confidence sir.

Seriously though, clones dying? Over 70k invested in the wrong equipment? Honestly, I'd be pissed at your friend who gave you bad advice.

Hopefully you're very lucky this poker season. :wave:

8. I love soil, but large automated hydro systems kick ass for cash cropping.  The market for really good organic soil grown crops can be lucrative, but with your lack of experience I would say hydro is your best bet.  Faster growth, bigger buds, less pests and overall simpler and less work than soil imho.  Also, trade some of those overpriced LEDs in for some real lights.  Whoever told you to buy LEDs and go soil was either fucking with you or didn't know what they were talking about.  LED supplements are fine, but you still can't beat HID.  And yeah, research your hydro...  EBB and FLOW works well on larger scales and is simple as hell.

9. #29 MayorMcStoned, Nov 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2014
    Dude, even the explanation as far as amperage goes in your house is bullshit. At 125 amps, you have enough draw to be able to run 10 complete 1000w hps setups, including inline fans, pumps, etc. And you're still at 72.8% capacity, which is very comfortably below the safety threshold. Stagger your hep firing times so one fires up every 30 seconds so as not to overload the circuit on the firing spike
    That's not including your ac unit and any other electronics you might have in the house, and all these calculations are based on 110v.

You get an electrician to properly wire a 220v current and you could properly double everything.

All these calculations were done off the top of my head, something your expert grower buddy should have known as well...

10. Just finished transplanting. Last night all the pots were filled with soil and I left it overnight. This morning the soil was wetted and we placed the clones directly onto the soil.

The cubes the clones were sitting in were on the dry side, but the soil does have moisture, should I water the cube initially?

Attached Files:

11. #31 snoopdog6502, Nov 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  12. I hope you're planning on keeping a mother around so you don't have to keep buying clones...

What brand LEDs are you using?

13. Actually I planned on keeping 5 around to clone with.

Using lighthouse hydro blackstar v2.0 480w uv (full spectrum and flowering)

14. #34 MayorMcStoned, Nov 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2014
    Good call on the mothers.

And oof. Now I can see why you dropped that much money. Those LEDs are hella expensive.

15. Pretty much the three most expensive things were the 50 lights, the rent and the upgrade on our electrical to 240v system using a lcs

16. Yeah, not really surprised. A good electrician is well worth the money.

Last statement, then I'm done. I could a better set up for 1/2 of what you spent on it... I suggest you find a friend who knows what he's doing.

That being said, good luck on your grow dude. If you have any problems, we'll be here to help. And my offer still stands.

17. So I transferred the clones to the soil into the grow rooms today. After transferring I watered a little and the clones looked vibrant. Now the clones are a bit droopy. Is this just transplant shock? Some of the baby's still look great though.

Also, the temperature of the room went up to 90 and stayed there after the lights were on for a while. Is this too high? I have the ac on full blast and a fan in every corner of the room.

Attached Files:

18. F*ck it's getting even hotter, time for a midnight Walmart run. Totally normal to buy two ac units at 1am in November

19. Man i feel so bad reading this thread. I hope you pull this around but this... "friend" of yours?
    Did you fuck his mrs because it seems like his going for payback with his advice.

20. Payback? Well which parts do you specifically think is my friend dealing Payback?