Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Wax/shatter question

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Dreamstate83, Nov 6, 2014.

1. #21 CanadianOrganic, Nov 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2014
    It's probably still decent, but just for future reference usually the lighter it is the cleaner it is. (Not necessarily clean of butane, but plant contaminants as well)

2. lol :laugh:

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Huge misconseption, by no means is this good wax, but certin strains like og tend to have darker shatter, not black, but more of an orange brown even when medical quality

Sent from my SM-G900T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. It's pretty good. 1 hit from a rig and you're high.

5. just be glad you didn't but some really shitty oil for 65.
    looks good enough for me to smoke! Nice cuzn

6. That's what I'm saying. Stuff works well enough. Also my only dab source

7. #27 Synthesizer, Nov 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2014
    Should only be paying like $20-30 for a gram of that garbage but whatever...
    Maybe you should learn to make your own..

8. Wish I could make my own, but not worth it unless you grow imo

9. #29 CanadianOrganic, Nov 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2014
    Definitely disagree here, man.
    I've got a batch of chron right now I'm yielding ~7grams of budder from an oz of bud. If I were to sell it for $50/gram (which is the regular where I'm from) that's $350 an oz. And you know the quality because YOU made it.
    However I only pay $200/oz so I really guess it depends upon pricing and availability, because if you end up doing a run with nugs that some dickbag had tumbled or some BS and you only end up with 4-5grams then that is definitely not worth it.
    Personally I'm happy with the 4-5grams as that's still better quality than I would get anywhere else.

10. And if you can get good shake it's even cheaper to make... 

11. it looks decent but not $65/g decent

12. #32 †TheGrow†, Nov 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2014
    It's pretty dark so I would assume a lot of plant matter came through or it was a trim run. Wax is also pretty easy to make... I have only done it 3 times now but am getting pretty good. You should honestly try it. All you need is a hot plate, 2 pyrex dishes, water, butane,dry ice, and product. 

So this was my first time making wax. It was a nug/trim mix run. Came out a golden brown. Kinda shattery but would lose consistency after being warmed for 10 seconds or more.
    homemade wax 2.jpg

This was my second time. Nug run. This one came fresh off the pyrex(hence why it still may look a little wet) Came out very buttery.
    fresh wax.jpg

And this was my last time at it. Mainly nug run but threw in some trim too.  Came out very sticky.
    getting there wax 2.jpg

They only hard thing or at least thing I am having trouble when it comes to wax is keeping a good consistency. But anyway I highly suggest you learn to make your own and people will be willing to teach you. 

EDIT: Also it isn't as dangerous as people make it out to be... Unless you don't have a hot plate and are purging in an oven inside or being a dumbass and smoking while blasting.