Venting for 600w hps gwing

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by VoodooVince64, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Hey so I'm getting a milliard 3' x 3' x 6' and I'll have a 600w apollo mh/hps setup. But since there's obviously going to be heat that I could put in the 4" inline at the top and wrap ducting to the lamp, the put in the 6" on the roof part and wrap more ducting down to the other side of the lamp. Also a little fan at the bottom for fresh air and an oscillating fan for air flow. Smell is not an issue and neither is stealth. So would my idea be sufficient? Or could I just unzip the flaps and open a window and put up a window fan? I'll only be growing one fatty plant at first but I think that the light loss would not be detrimental to the plant I the flaps were open. Any ideas? Looking for a cheap way to ventilate but I'm not going to cry if I have to open up my wallet a little more. Thanks for any advice! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415214958.697450.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I've a similar set up(follow the link below), I've got the temps down to around 27<sup>o</sup>C(80<sup>o</sup>F) with a 4" fan and filter and passive intake. A single 6"fan with no filter will be more than enough to control the temps, even with hot summers...