Here we go again my second dwc grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by RichielivesinMI, Nov 5, 2014.

1. I didn't do anything today but check the ph.

Attached Files:

2. Missed plant D

Attached Files:

3. That's really good over night growth

4. Top fed the plants with res water Plant A is stretching more than I'd like. 3 out of 4 plants have roots out the bottom of the net.

Attached Files:

5. So it's day 24 and I'm really unsatisfied with the results given its supposed to start going into the flower cycle soon and it's barely any growth. I used the exact sarcasm conditions on all 4 plants however plant A is the only plant really thriving.i topped plants B and C before knowing that was a bad idea so I have pretty much no growth there and plant D is 2 seconds from drying up for some reason. Will post pics in the morning but I'm leaning towards scraping all but plant a and starting some photos

6. You're only a week In to veg right?

7. No I'm 24 days into veg. And this should be a 56 day grow.

8. My auto is 7 days old and its small too but it has went through a burn pH was extremely high. Just be patient

Attached Files:

9. there quite a few variants out there that will elongate that time table.

10. Are your rock wool cubes sitting flush on the bottom of the net pot?

11. No I never put them flush in the bottom of the net pots to give space for the roots to grow between the rocks why?

12. And I don't care if it goes longer as long as it doesn't start to go into flower at its current state. I'm using a 5 gallon tote so I'm not hugely concerned yet. At day 40 if they haven't started to take off I'll be worried.

13. Today i did a flush of all nutrients and I only added calmag and some root stimulator with high nitrogen levels. Leaving it at around 300 ppm. I only did this with plants c and d because I looked at a chart of plant issues. If this works out I'll know in a few days and can adjust the rest of the plants as needed. A is light green so I'll deal with that seperately.

14. You have to lower your reservoir temperature. I think that's your main problem. Not only are you asking for mold/mildew, I read somewhere that plants uptake nutrients better with cooler water ~70F. Not sure how true this is, but I know for a fact in hydro the res temperature is supposed to be <68F

15. I tried to keep lower res temps on my candy kush grow however I didn't like the results I was seeing with that strain so I kept it around 75-80 and I had great results. No mold more issues until curing time lol

16. Plant A the best looking plant out of them all
    Plant b
    Smh

Attached Files:

17. I won't run another auto again and I have my white widow and 2 big cheese germing now. I'm going to move the autos to the middle and run some photos in its place under the light. the way this is looking I'm going to need another fast grow just to fill up the smoke jars. 90 days from seed to weed got me 9 ounces last time I'll try more plants and keep it a short 80-90 day grow this time.

Attached Files:

18. I broke plant A in the middle of the stalk lol just my luck but I haven't ever killed a plant by breaking the stalk and I don't plan on starting either so I grabbed some Popsicle sticks and yarn and held her together and she's still doing fine.

19. I think that growth spurt during flower is really helping me out plant b c and d are trying to get a little height on it which is pretty good. I'll post pics tonight when I check the levels

I would have to agree with CanadianOrganic, I am currenly in the middle of and autoflower dwc grow and keep my res temp at 66*F or below. If it gets above 66 I start to see slime on the roots and the water smells like a dirty aquarium. What nutes are you using? and what about your air pumps? how many or how big are they?