Here we go again my second dwc grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by RichielivesinMI, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Hello again GC I've finished up my first grow and ended up with 9 ounces between 2 plants. Not bad not bad at all but this time ive bulked up the system a little more. Now I'm using 2 400 watt mh/hps lights. Before I was using 1 thirty gallon res to grow both plants but now I'm going to be using individual 5 gallon totes. I got brand new nutrients this time I'm running general hydroponics 2 part system. I also have a brand new nutrient to add at the end it's called density and it does exact what the name says. Overall this is a solid system for me at this point.

Attached Files:

2. Right now I'm still debating on the seeds I'm going to run this time. I use Herbie's as my preferred seed bank and their top seller right now is the heavyweight fast and vast auto strain. I think I'm going to get a five pack of those and a five pack of another top seller and run 3 of both kinds. I'm still having a issue with connecting the 6 containers to the main 36 gallon container so I don't have to move the smaller ones when the screen is in place. Changing the res water on my last grow was a bitch something I can't do with all these individual containers.

3. I have some PVC pipe I'm thinking of using to connect them but I just haven't worked it out yet. I won't start another round til I have those kinks worked out.

4. So I ordered 5 of the heavyweight fast and vast feminized autos today and they gave a free white widow fem seed.im going to run the 5 autos and 4 weeks in I'll plant the white widow to start vegging.

5. #5 nugz420, Nov 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2014
    why not start the white widow at the same time?
    If it was me, I would start it at the same time to try to get it big enough to take enough cuttings to fill my setup for its next round.To keep down time to a minimum.

6. Only because Im a new grower and haven't conquered growing clones tho I have accidentally made some with my last grow. I gave my mom and brother clones of my candy kush plants and with alot of trying and trying it never really grew the branches the original plant did even with constant topping. I'm still taking care of the clones but they are some ugly little ladies lol. Herbie's was nice enough to throw in some additional fem seeds just for asking in the notes. That's why I like Herbie's the prices and customer service is on point. So after the autos I'll have some photos going as well.

Attached Files:

7. I'd like to see some vast and fast, I always see it at the top every time I check herbies out. So how'd the candy kush turn out?

8. I still haven't gotten my seeds yet but when I do ready to go.

9. My candy lush was great ended up with about 9 ounces off two plants but I ruined most my harvest with mold 👎

10. I only really had like 4 smokable ounces.

11. awhhh... that's rough bro, did you pick up the mold during the cure? Better than no smoke be ounces though.

12. Yea I got the mold during curing. I left out of town for a few days and when I got back the weed I had curing was gone. Good thing I was to lazy to finish the trim job or it all wouldve been gone. Trimming suck's.

13. I went out of town for a couple days and when I got home my seeds came! Herbie's as always outdid themselves I bought 5 seeds and they gave me 5 seeds free with freaky fast delivery. So I'm going to start these autos today right in grodan cube like I normally do.

Attached Files:

14. #14 Sepheus, Nov 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2014
    I'm liking your set-up bro.
    Very organized and thought up.
    What size net pots are those? 6"?

I'm looking forward to seeing your ladies in the "ground" and seeing their growth

As for the trimming and mold thing. That completely blows.
    But as I read it, it reminded me of a quote from a good show.

"Wow, this is the first time my laziness has actually helped me"

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. Thanks man I try to make some kind of addition every grow with the intentions that eventually I've have a great room setup. Great quote it fits perfectly here best lazy spell ever lol

16. And we begin a new journey heavyweight fast and vast feminized autos. Said it should take 8 weeks seed to weed. That's a little less than 60 days. Here we go.

Attached Files:

17. Decided to only run 4 of the 5 autos leaving space for a white widow and a deep cheese to go in as well.

18. I won't count today as day 1 I'll start the count tomorrow. The temps in the room are steady at 75. Res water at 80. No nutes 5.8 PhD water 400 watt mh lights on 50% timer set for 18/6 the whole grow. Gonna lower the lights and let it go now.

Attached Files:

19. OK day 1 of a 60 day cycle. Today I watered from the top. Nothing else.

20. Today I top fed again with the res water. 100% germ rate just dropping right into grow cube no fancy steps buffing or soaking. All 4 of the seeds germed and are beginning to pop the top. Should be fully sprouted by lights out tonight. So far were right on schedule. Still no nutes temp stays between 70-75 res temps haven't went over 80. Using PhD tap water. Lights are still 2 400 watt using mh bulbs.

Attached Files: