Indoor No-Till Gardening Transition

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by MileHighGuy-56ce1f3534f40, Nov 5, 2014.

1. #161 Fresh Ronin, Dec 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2014
    I may be thinking qwiso but, I only let the solvent be in contact with the material for 15-30 seconds. Any longer pulls chlorophyll (even with frozen). The mashing released some also. Other then that looks good man!
    You will probably be able to taste the "green" when dabbing.

I usually use a mason jar put in material, fill ISO to just over mats, shake/swirl 20 seconds, strain through strainer, no mashing, then strain the liquid through a coffee filter, then into Pyrex or whatever for evap. You could also freeze you solution before coffee filter to "winterize" an remove all the nasty wax's and fats but that step is optional.

We are blades, blades of grass in a field of green.

2.   I just went by the phoenix tears website instructions on making RSO. The video I saw on utoob said freezing the everclear would keep it from pulling the chlorophyll out. In that video the oil came out lookin nice and clear amber colored but I can't say that's what will happen or not until I try it that way.
     I made this for someone who has skin and lung cancer so it is being eaten and not dabbed although I did load some into the vape pen just to try it and DAMN! 1 hit rang my bell. He began the treatment yesterday and we are keeping track of the results. I would be glad to share in a journal once we see whats happening if there is interest.

I have made the isohash before and it was more like tar this is thinner. I chose to use everclear because it is drinkable and not poison like other solvents used and it is being eaten.

3. Woohoo!!! Just recieved a box of goodies from BAS! :cool: hope you're doing well, MHG :wave: :)

4. I freeze the hell out of the everclear and the cannabis before i make RSO. I smash and stir for at least five minutes, too. Ive been using straight buds so that may not mean anything to someone using a lot of sugar leaf. Strained thru mesh, put through coffee filters, and boiled down with a rice cooker, I usually get around 65 - 75 grams per pound of buds. I typically use almost two gallons of everclear. It comes out dark amber unless you spread it out, then its a nice golden amber. Its like tar, though. The cancer patients i give it to prefer to eat it. I made the mistake of over 'sampling' one time after i finished a batch. Holy crap. Uncomfortably stoned for several hours. Never again shall i question the potency of RSO. I probably ate about a gram, which is the recommended dose for a patient who has been using it for a while. I figured "what the hell, ive got some tolerance". Foolish choice, lol. Do you decarboxylate before you smoke it, or no? I havent tried smoking RSO that hasnt been decarbred yet and im wondering if theres a difference in terms of smoking or dabbing and such. Any thoughts? Thanks, be well,

Agg

20140919_183647.jpg

5. I did the same process except I added 1 cup of water before I reclaimed some of the everclear in my megahome distiller. The reason for that was to try and get all of the alcohol out without burning the oil. Then it went into a rice cooker to finish. I was under the assumption that decarboxylation happened during the cook off in the rice cooker, at least that's what I read somewhere.

I only did a couple hits the one time and that was too much for me but I had already eaten a small dose and was feeling that at the time. I like to be high and mellow not stoned stupid so I doubt I'll do that again but I will try a hit on its own here in a bit and see what that's like.

I have the vaporite 3 in 1 from the HT top 10 list and just put a little in the wax attachment. I would like to fill the oil attachment but not sure how that will work since its so thick.

6. #166 Fresh Ronin, Dec 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
    Ahh. I see brother, was thinking it was qwiso/qwet my bad, looks spot on for rso. I get why you used EC, I hardly ever use ISO now,because of the poisonous issue. Keep rocking out that medicine! I hope it helps your friend!

Edit, you shouldn't fill oil tank with it.
    If you want to, you have to get some propylene glycol and vegetable glycol (eBay has some 60/40 mix for like $10). You have to melt the oil into the mix slowly at like 100* so it doesn't butter, this diluted solution should be useable in your oil tank. If you look up Brent maverick on you tube he
    Has a vid showing the process.

7. Cool, Thanks for the tip. I'll go check it out.

8. Decarbing happens when smoking or vaping  due to the temps.  I don't know if there is a difference when smoked but I make non-decarbed capsules to get the cannabinoids without the buzz, so I can take a high dose and still function at work and home.  I extract the cannabinoids using alcohol, then transfer to coconut oil to fill capsules.   

9. I believe bud decarbs at like 250*. Takes like 5-10 minutes I think. So if you cook it at those temps it decarbs anyway. I always make caps with my decarb oil from my rig, I have one of the fancy joint pieces with a bucket to catch it before it hits the water, but that's beside the point. Imo if you use a crock pot it's always decarbed. If you make caps of straight bho or whatever oil it's not.

I also believe that binding to the coconut oil decarbs.

Thanks all, the info on GC is invaluable.

10. #170 Franklins Tower, Dec 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2014
    How old would I start using SST ' S and other teas with an auto strain? I'm using BAS living soil.

11. #171 Head Chef, Dec 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2014
    You found it then! Knew I was subbed lol.

And frank, I would explain what soil your using from BAS and any other information because that will help OP know what's in your soil mix etc :)
    Chef.

12. Happy holidays man!! Thanks again for all you & your company does!! It has really helped me out over the years & my grow wouldn't be where it is today if it wasn't for you.

Hope all is well with you and yours this Xmas season!

13. Happy holidays dude. Been looking at the Fundamentals of Horticulture book. Only one amazon review on it, though so I'm not sure if it's any good :p

14. Give me till Sunday and I'll try and upload the two I have.

GiMiK most likely has a copy also.

Sent from my LGMS659 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. Does anyone know how to store some of BAS ' S soil. Like the top dress. Got it and never used it. I will this time when flowing hits. I've had it a month and a half. The living soil needs to be kept moist right? I don't want to lose 100 in soil I have. The aged compost. That has to be kept moist too right? I've gotten questions on how to store the unused soil and I don't know. Anyone help please.

16. Happy New Years! Jeremy and this nt crew

A SmartPot would be perfect to store a mixed soil - just keep the soil correctly hydrated.

HTH

CC

18. I have it in its bag I feel it once every couple of days. Same with the oly mountain compost. My top dress dried out. It's barely damp. Will have to ask how it comes. I didn't use it last grow. I have one going into flower now.so I will use it soon.

19. nice journal MHG..thanks aggrowman for turning me on to this thread!!..im new to organics but i been reading alot on other fourms from clacksamcoot and now finding BAS for my future growing..i was gonna get the CC-kit but me being litterly 1 month in on reading organics i figured i would just buy the liveing soil and do 3 plants in it so i wont make the mistake of trying to mix my own up till i learn more and then be turned off by poor results due to my  own errors..i wish i had knew about BAS before i spent nearly 300$ off amazon getting stuff like neem oil,karanja oil& meals,protekt..i could have got 5x the amount for what i paid for 8oz jars *FACEPALM* gonna be pulling up a chair here MHG and watching u work ur magic the organic way..i have been growing for a very long time guerilla style and now i feel like i stepped into another realm in the terms of growing good ganja without pests and mold..thanks for everthing u do MHG lots of people depend on guys like u to help newbies like myself into organics the smooth and easy transition way..u will be getting all my business next year!!