Your views on deer hunting while stoned?

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by SlamDaddy, Nov 5, 2014.

1. I personally do not hunt high. im handling firearms. the choice is yours .just be safe hunt with respect to others and land. most of all respect the animals you shoot  don't waste it. i hunt for food not for the antlers . example the other day could of taken a nice 8 point buck.but in my WMU bow only season (i had my 12 Gauge  hunting upland birds) i just watched him as he walked along the tree line
    to many people doing to many things that are wrong , making me and other hunters look bad . but as far as being high its your choice just remember be safe and good luck in the hunting season

• Like Like x 1
  2. I mean if i see a HelloThere i'm going to shoot it weather I need to or not. Then I will cut up the body and dump it in the ocean like Dexter did.

3. Maybe buzzed, but not too high. Or next thing you know you'll be burying bodies by the hundreds lol

4. If you are a serial killer, and I'm a trophy human, go right ahead! I hope my skin makes a great leather jacket!

• Like Like x 1
    Yeah, but you're still going to clean that baby up and distribute the goods to others, right? Not leave a decapitated corpse rotting in the woods, right? Right?

It's been a good few years since I hunted for sport and not agricultural purposes, but I don't have a problem with a responsible hunter having a toke. A good hunter is a good hunter, and smoking isn't suddenly going to turn them into a savage.

6. Funniest topic title ever! Dying!

7. Oh of course I would not leave a fucking rotting corpse in the woods. What I'm saying is that id shoot it even if we had plenty of meat. Id have it butchered and the head mounted, and give the meat to whoever would take it. Seriously, at the end of the season your freezer won't hold any more so you HAVE to give some away.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Some people can't even handle guns while they aren't high; let alone while they are intoxicated.

I think some people could manage but for like 80% of the weed smoking populous adding firearms into the mix sounds like a bad idea.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I don't smoke when I hunt because I get to lazy, my area has a ton of hunters so its tough to see deer on public land from a stand. So we typically do a 2 man walk through about 50 yards apart, spook a deer up and someone's more likely for a shot. Split the meat, my dog gets dibs on antlers n bones. Back on topic i don't smoke when hunting because we may walk 10 miles in a day. And in boots and gear it feels like 20

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. Fuck it get high while u sleep

Sent from my U670C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. I've done it a few times and actually have seen deer everytime I've done it. I personally prefer to stay sober though

I'll have my guns, money, and freedom... Y'all can keep y'all's change

12. #32 Sade, Dec 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2014
    I am totally against this. However I do enjoy hunting. Being under any substance is unacceptable while handling a firearm.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Deer hunting while stoned?  That would depend, are the deer stoned too?  If so, then yeah that seems fair.

14. Never done it but i would. Seems cool as fuck

15. Wow thought that was the normal thing to do. Where I am from every season all the hunting parties go out to their camps with as much booze and weed/drugs as the can and get completely obliterated while sitting in their stands.... I myself am against hunting but from what I have witnessed, ppl do normally get fuckd up while hunting

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. I dont understand. If you can afford a gun and the time to go deer hunting.

Then you can afford a salad.

• Like Like x 1
    People that do stuff like that are poachers not hunters and as a hunter I prefer not to be grouped in with them, I consider those actions disgusting and disgraceful.

Because I like to eat meat as well, not just salad.  Hunting is a right of passage that is encoded in humans and is an enjoyable experience.  By that I do not mean that the act of killing an animal is enjoyable, contrary to what the general public believes, I do not know a single hunter that actually takes pleasure in killing an animal.  I cannot put into words what hunting means to someone who has grown up with it and truly cares about the game that they hunt.  I know what I am saying will sound like a foreign concept to most of you but to understand hunting you really need to experience it.

Hunters really do care about wildlife and and are not focused on destroying the environment as many people believe, I myself am currently in school becoming a wildlife biologist.

Regarding the original post I do not agree with mixing marijuana or alcohol with hunting.  Anything that takes away from your focus while hunting that could lead to you injuring yourself (falling out of a tree stand), another person, or making a poor shot on an animal should be avoided.

Lol, what an ignorant post. You do realize that, much like anything in society, there are ethics in hunting? People don't just go out searching for a female deer to shoot it, and then harvest its meat; hunters go after matured males, no matter the species. 

You're not going to go to someone's house and see a female deer's head mounted on the wall now, are you?  :laughing:

Well sorry but that is not true, males as well as females are harvested regularly across most species.  However, hunting seasons are set up so that young of the year animals or 'baby deer' as didier12 put it are able to survive without their parents.  

What didier12 is doing is personifying deer, you have to realize this isn't a Disney movie, these are wild animals and nature is cruel.  A fawn does not starve all night waiting for its mum to return.  :p

20. #40 Squirt, Dec 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2014
    I really like this post. I'm not a hunter and don't really understand it, nor do I like to imagine killing an animal. I may try it at some point but I know I won't take pleasure in the actual killing part.

I think the problem with hunters is that the bad ones who are disrespectful to the land and animals are the ones that get the most attention. It was reassuring for me, as someone who at one point thought most hunters are bad, to you guys showing a genuine respect for the hunt.

That being said, I personally wouldn't make trophies out of my kills because I find it to be a little sick and disrespectful to the animal. Not saying I'm looking down on anyone who does as I'm sure most respectable hunters do, just saying that's my personal opinion on it.

• Like Like x 1