Pipe vs bong

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by Wickkkkk, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Am I the only one that enjoys smoking a bowl more than ripping a bong? With my bong I feel like i have to take the biggest hit possible or else im not using it correctly. Once i do this massive rip im always dying and gasping for air :smoke: also my bong is only about a foot tall so it is pretty harsh.
    With my pipe i can just chill out and take medium hits every so often and its less harsh to me (backwards i know) and im not too sure why. Pipes also are so portable i love it. The highs also seem to maybe be less intense but last longer and i can just feel it wash over me. I also feel like i conserve weed more in a pipe than a bong, because a lot of weed in my bong pulls through even though I pack it with a nug at the hole and dont pull too hard on it.

Anyone else feel this way?

2. I like pipes for their portability, but I guess that's pretty much it. When at home, it's bong every time for me  :bongin:

3. I usually prefer pipe to bong. I also like the portability of most pipes. I only have one bong but i have a very decent collection of pipes and i only find myself ripping bongs when i have company. That being said i prefer a chillum to a pipe but that doesn't really apply here.

4. If I have the choice, I am going with my bong every time...Love my MediCali and my Zob, and if I want smaller hits I usually just pack little snap bowls and take them all in one hit. Also love me some vapor bonging. :bongin:

So do I.

6. I love to smoke be it pipes, joints, blunts r bong rips!

7. For me it's all about the kind of high I want. If I want just a mellow chill kinda buzz I'll pull my pipe out, but if I want to be out I'll smoke a bong. Lately, I've been enjoying my Medicali bong more than anything else. 

8. Bongs are better because they filter stuff out, there's no chance of sucking in ash and they hit you hard as a motherfucker. The bubbling noise is kinda funny too lol.

9. Pipes are pretty gross in my opinion, might as well smoke it in paper. I like bongs because I can take massive hits without coughing, if your bong is too harsh, pull the bowl somewhat while you smoke so it doesn't cherry up as much and you pull in some outside air. I do that when I feel it getting thick and hot, then it thins it out a bit.

10. #12 ModernH:pie, Nov 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2014
    Lol I know what you mean. Most people prefer bongs, but I'm more of a pipe person. I'm not saying I don't like bongs, in fact I smoke with them very often, but I do prefer my pipes. I mean you can just chill out and take hits whenever you want, and I find the high to be a lot more comfortable/pleasurable.

11. Both serve their purpose...

I can't lay down and rip on my bong....

Usually, bong first, pipe as I drift off to sleep.

Joints for daytime smoke ...

12. I prefer bong. I like the high better. It's cleaner and I can function after ripping bong. But with bowl I feel almost numb/fuzzy and I get too much of a head high. its almost overwhelming and not enjoyable. But when I smoke an amount that's just right, the highs from a bowl are nice.

13. Couldn't answer this thread any better.

14. Bongs get you a quality high but pipes are good for convenience.

15. vape > bong > pipe >>>>>>>>>>> joint

16. #18 Mr_Krabs, Nov 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2014
    If you're tired of the lung splitting rips bongs are known for, you can of course dial it back some.

Get a metal screen and put it at the bottom of the bowl, pack your finely ground weed into the bowl, and use hemp wick to corner the bowl.

You can easily control your dosage this way. Often I can get 5-6 "corners" out of one packing. And to be even more efficient I tend to empty the chamber of smoke in 3 or so lighter pulls. Very easy on the lungs, I have trouble smoking joints but can corner my bong all night long and not cough once and you'll absorb more THC so you'll use less weed and get more high.

In fact doing the above I was able to let my girlfriend smoke my bong and she has trouble with even my vape pen and pure CO2 wax she coughs so much.

One bowl took about 10 corners for her to finish but just a couple coughs in the process and she was beyond baked.

Lesson here is learn to corner and long live the bong!

PS short bongs actually work better for cornering too as the smoke is easier to continuously clear because the bowl produces a lighter more diluted smoke, you don't want that light smoke building in a huge chamber making for a harsh hit. Small bongs shoot the diluted smoke into your lungs rather than pooling in the chamber.

17. I love both. The high from a bong i think has a worse comedown and i just love the relaxing feel of hitting a pipe but i love to to hit bongs too.
    I love both. The high from a bong i think has a worse comedown and i just love the relaxing feel of hitting a pipe but i love to to hit bongs too.

18. In my opinion they each have their ups and downs I personally prefer my bong but everybody has their personal favorites why not just be happy with what makes u happy
    Toke on 🍁

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum