Update: Recreational Marijuana PASSES in Oregon

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by QualiD, Nov 5, 2014.

1. I like it this way. I don't mind it staying this way. I think the state wants the money though.

Nevada has a good chance of passing legislation in '16.  If California wants to keep making money, they will have to change their laws as they will  no doubt lose money to the states above and to the side, which will have cheaper weed and availability for all. 

It's simple competitive economics.  One has to adapt to the changing market place or else be behind the bell curve in the long run.

3. #63 *guest, Nov 16, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2014

I don't know enough about Colorado's legal weed, but I know Oregon's law is about a thousand times better than Washington's. 

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like Colorado has a 15% tax on the sale of retail weed plus the 2.9% sales tax. Compare that to Washington's 25% on each level of the system. So their taxes are way higher, and they sucked at allowing enough permits for prices to compete with the black market. A hugely limited supply with ridiculous prices isn't doing them any favors. $35 a gram? Fuuuuuck you, black market here we come.

Taking all that into account... This Huffpo article says that Washington is expecting $3 million in taxes from retail weed sales. Colorado? $18.9 million. 

I hope Washington can fix their system, realizing that they're potentially losing out in $15+ million in tax revenue. 

And Washington's law doesn't even allow for growing, Colorado does. People can grow it in Colorado and they're still spending millions more on retail weed. Oregon's law does as well. Oregon doesn't have sales tax, just a flat $35 tax per ounce.

We're looking pretty great here, hope it stays that way. 

4. Neveda will have more cheaper weed then ca

Lol. Please pass what you are smoking on. It does not matter what the laws are in ca. We will out produce any legal state.

5. huffpost is not an acceptable source.

6. California doesn't care about economics lol

:cry: 

8. I was just letting you know that quoting huffpost is worse than quoting fox news.  It's like the fox news for weenies.

Depends on what you're using it for. 

10. Making connections with militant femenists?  It has the same blind spots as fox only you are using your left side mirror instead of the right.  I read both frequently for my poops and giggles.  The similarities of the founders are even similar seeing as Arrianna Huffington could very well be rupert murdochs doppleganger.

How did the info I posted from the article have anything to do with feminists? 

12. It didn't but that is the only group that takes huff post seriously... Well maybe PETA too.

So it has nothing to do with the info I posted then, thanks for confirming 

14. No the info is sound. But you have to fact check huffpost, so you should have just saved everyone some work and sourced the AP

Oh I thought I'd just let you handle that 

16. I always do.  :smoking: Ever vigilant.

17. Not when they are already making over 100 mil a year off of Mmj.

Oh just tax it and make it legal already. We already give our goverment more money then they know what to do with and they still fuck it up. Do we really need to give them more.

Exactly. If we tax it, at least the state gets to disperse the funds

back into the state, even though uncle sam wants most of it out of greed.