Update: Recreational Marijuana PASSES in Oregon

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by QualiD, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Hey, I am not a moralist.  Even if I hate it I will work with it, but I'm not a complete moron and will call a stacked deck when I see it.  and I could be proven wrong, maybe this bill will work out better than I predict, but somehow I doubt it

2. you're on the wrong website buddy haha

3. Don't you wish.  wait a couple months... But wait, you don't care about quality, so even if it goes to shit you will declare a win... like I'm sure you did with Washington, wich is a travesty.

Are you saying Washington's legal weed is low quality? 

5. No, I'm saying it is a joke what they have done there in terms of regulation thanks to the WLCC.  I've never smoked any washington retail weed, but that is partially due to the fact you can't buy any!

6. #26 brybry12345, Nov 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2014
    "The Washington State Liquor Control Board (WSLCB) plans to issue between 15 and 20 retail licenses on July 7. Stores will be allowed to open the next day if they're ready, though it's unclear just how many stores will be. Of the 2,600 people who applied for growing licenses last fall, only 79 have been approved
    "

Now, a basic question to ask is why did they issue only 79 licences and to whom and why deny the  other 2,521 applicants.  Of course, you all don't care because, "at least it is legal."  But there are more important things than pot being legal, like systemic corruption within a state's governing bodies, and to advocate giving these people more power is a terrible thing.

And good luck finding any info on who got those permits and why, because there is no legitimate info available on that topic as far as I know.

They did a shitty job of handling it, still are. Snags were expected though, it'll get better over time. If we don't legalize at all, the system never becomes what we want it to be. 

you really are on the wrong website.

if you aren't a part of the solution, you're

a part of the problem. and complaining seems

to be an added problem. are you taking action?

no? you're not? didn't think so. go find a www.wahhhimacrybabyaboutregulations.com/ihavenopolitcalknowledge

9. Lol. Well my predictions are up, and in a year squalid will have been proven wrong.

10. Good for them but when is the east coast gonna get some love

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Some of the comments here bring to mind the saying by Voltaire:

The perfect is the enemy of the good.

No, the laws are not perfect.  But they are a start.

12. Don't agree with the sheep you are deemed a troll on this site.
    None of them care. They just want to be able to walk into a store pay 20/g+tax and be happy.

Dc bill is the best out of all of them.
    3 plant home grow
    No retail and NO tax rate.
    If one district can get it right why would you vote for anything less.

13. A good thing to think about is legalizing MJ. Now, we all want legal MJ, so we don't get fines or go to jail, but every single fucking time they say they want to legalize weed they demand our tax dollars fund our would be jailors and their pals. That is just a sneaky ass way to extort someone. The people who want legal weed say,"fine, at least we won't get a ticket or jail time for something as harmless as weed." But as soon as they approve legalization more money is funneled into said corrupt orginizations so they can buy drones, red light cameras, hire more people and harrass us for even more trivial reasons than before all the while they are strenthening themselves and becoming hsrder to dig out. You say, a step in the right direction? Ha, it was trivial to begin with. All you are doing is granting more power to mobsters: that is there agenda. They don't care if weed is legal or not, they just want more power. And if you think taxes going to schools is helping kids get a better education you are also wrong, it just give mobster contractors bigger budgets. So keep your eyes closed and smoke some more weed, cause the future is going to suck.

14. Almost everything you buy is taxed.

Taxing weed isn't going to bring the apocalypse.

It just means more tax revenue for public services.

If you think the U.S. government is too gangsta then try complaining about cartels while in Mexico without getting your head chopped off.

Americans live in Disneyland and legal weed will just make things better for people who enjoy weed (bigger selection, less stigma, no fines/arrest, legal personal grow op, etc)

Our government would be chopping off heads as well if they didn't have a monopoly on power in this country.  Instead we just have the largest per capita nuber of inmates in our prisons than other any industrialized world, citizen spy programs, and cops that shut down lemonade stands.

ha disneyland... Well, I guess disney land is run by michal eisner, so it might be a closer comparison than you know.

And if your argument is, everything is taxed, so umm... lets keep accepting dumber taxes.... Well then I would say you have no idea what goes on around you.

16. #36 Messiah Decoy, Nov 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2014

If you didn't tax cannabis most of the public wouldn't agree to legalize it. If you don't legalize it most users would be forced to deal with or fear the police. I would much prefer that when the police found out I grew (I don't currently do so) or smoked weed they left me the hell alone. Who cares if I have to pay tax on weed. I'd gladly pay that tax for the luxury of having dozens of delicious strains to choose from every week.

And logic like this is exactly why this world is going to crap.

18. Um, people have been paying taxes since ancient Egypt.

It's not something new that will ruin society.

But if it means that much to you use the black market or grow your own but don't be mad when you get caught and charged with a felony.

19. And you don't get mad when you are driving down the road and a cop writes you a ticket for going 2mph over the speed limit, or when you are hearded off in a cattle car to a fema camp even though you broke no laws. 

20. So then why did the people of Dc pass a bill with no tax in it. Hmmm maybe people are tired of being extorted by our government. Dc is the new standard. If it ain't like that I don't need it.