WASHINGTON DC LEGALIZES RECREATIONAL CANNIBIS

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Mid man, Nov 5, 2014.

1. #41 HyLyfe, Dec 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2014
    No lie, I'm tired of dealing with shady people just to find good stuff. Can't find vape oil for my vaporizer, have nowhere to make baked goods. It sucks, all for nothing MJ is a gift of medicine all humans should have indiscriminate access to. I think on a higher level, I am a much nicer person, I can rationally organize my life amd esentially decompress it to a managable stress level. When I get high I cant think of a single negative other than the government says I can't.

2. Me either. It's definitely the worst thing about it. I've BEEN beaten by the police once. Never again. -3-

3. It's about to be on

4. Ok,
    So the newly sworn in Mayor said on Meet the Press, while sitting alongside the Chief of Police, that the DC government will do everything it can to uphold 71. Chuck kept asking her if they would sue Congress.

Also, the new Attorney General for DC has finished reviewing the legislation passed inside the budget, and has determined that 71 is self-enacting.

So basically, I see no cops comin to my door anytime soon unless they were U.S. Marshalls.

When we shut down Mass Ave outside of the Heritage Foundation's Christmas party on Capitol Hill, the DC police rerouted traffic around us. They even made a Congress member back up. (I stopped that car myself and I was the first one in the street. Also I went inside the Heritage building solo.). The police were ordered not to arrest us.

This is a huge development.

5. when will it be recreationally legal/when do dispensaries open?

6. As long as the Senate and House are controlled by the GOP the answer is never.  

7. read what I posted.

There are already dispensaries.
    We've had them for sometime.
    And its been 25$ fine for almost a year for an ounce.

8. #50 Dum Dum Boy, Jan 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2015

Dispensaries for recreational use? or just medical?

9. medical. One in takoma area and don't remember where the other is. It's difficult to get a card.

10. getting a card is easy. Yes on the medical.
    We voted in 98 for medical but congress blocked it. We have been ahead of the curve for a while. 71 is the best of all the states. Even though we aren't a state. As pointed out by Harris.

is getting a card as easy in MD as it is in CA?

12. If you have hiv, cancer, glaucoma, or any severe chronic diseases.

13. Yea I saw this. Cut off all funding towards the court system involving marijuana cases. Hell yea.

14. Read DC's proposed law from the city council and it is the bomb. Good account ability for everything not to crazy, good inspection rules and testing is required on all products (all products allowed too) and grow/products (oil/Foods)/store front and testing each require a separate license with testing being the only one you can't have another license to operate 5,000.00 for any license so not terrible. overall I'm impressed with how clear it is and everyone even workers are licensed which means protection

15. They are trying to block 71 by not putting any money in 2015 budget for the work it would take to come up with all guidlines neccessary for implementing 71. Budget has been passed. Now some are exploring unconstitutionality of not enacting 71 which was voted in by a margin of like 2-1. THIS IS THE WILL OF BIG GOVERENMENT BEING ENFORCED OVER THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE, SOME SCARY SH@#.

16. Fingers crossed that DC makes it happen.