MGs First Ever PC Micro Grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Metal_Gear, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Hey all. This is my first time growing, so I figured I'd make this to show progress and possibly get some advice. I'm growing G-13's Pineapple Express #2 in soil. Planning on topping, LST, and SCROG. Using Fox Farm Ocean Forest and Perlite 3:2 with about 3/4 cup dolomite lime. Germed them with the paper towel method and they both popped within a day or two, then I put them in soil. One sprouted the next day and the other one the day after that.

Day 1
    IMG_06681.JPG

Day 2
    IMG_06741.JPG

Day 3
    IMG_06761.JPG

Day 4
    IMG_06861.JPG

Day 5
    I took closer pictures of both to show white tips. I'm assuming it's just minor nute burn?
    IMG_06871.JPG
    IMG_06881.JPG

Day 6 (Today)
    IMG_06911.JPG

I think I overwatered them a bit at first, but I've cut back on watering now. I've been sticking my finger in the soil to see if it's still moist to decide if I should water now and it's been working out better I think. But yeah that's what I have so far. Wish me luck.

2. #2 WeedleTM, Nov 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2014
    Welcome Metal Gear! Nice strain and soil mix, did you allready build your grow pc? 
    Be carefull with the overwatering!

3. Thanks :D. I actually bought it a while ago from mrgrowpro. I was living in Japan at the time and computer parts are surprisingly expensive there so I figured it'd be easier just to order it.

4. Dang got home last night and found this.

IMG_06961.JPG

I assume it's a burn, so I moved my lights up some and it hasn't gotten any worse.

5. Looks like light/ temp burn, good call moving them up a bit

Sent from my Spaceship using the GrassCity App.

6. Still growing well even with the minor burn + nute burn. Finally watered again last night since the soil was feeling really dry.

image.jpg

7. They're growing so fast. Is this what parents feel like?

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415392750.986006.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415392782.866490.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415392803.519690.jpg

8. Looking good! Do you have a pic of your setup? Subbed

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. Outside

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415443669.580384.jpg

Inside

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415443688.615099.jpg

10. Looks good man!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. Looks good! Can't wait to see how she comes along!

Just ordered my Mr Grow Pro, very excited to put it to use!

12. Looks very nice!!! I love PC grows.

13. Oh dang. Soil or hydro?

Also thanks for the support all. Finally on week 2.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415835745.873810.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415835764.455420.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415835779.557178.jpg

Kinda wondering when I should start adding nutes though.

14. I'd wait a few more days for nutes, I usually wait until they are about 18 days old. You can always give ¼ strength and see how she reacts :)

Looks very good so far

Sent from my Spaceship using the GrassCity App.

CFL Soil.  I wanted both LED *and* Hydro, but I think Hydro is better suited to grows a little larger than a PC grow.  I will end up picking up some LEDs someday, but for my very first grow the CFL Soil will be a great learning experience.  My box should arrive on Friday and I have everything else I need...except the seeds!  They're on their way, but we'll see when they get here.  

Has the one with the yellowing on it responded well to moving the lights up a bit?  How far away were your lights before and after you moved them? 

Grats on making it through 2 weeks! Your girls are growing great!  I know this early waiting period must be hard to be patient for. Keep it up!

16. Looking real good man. You can usually get to week 3 before you need feedings.

Much thanks guys. I'll wait around another week or so then. Gonna go out and buy some raw coconut water and aloe vera juice tomorrow though, since I've heard they're good to add.

Good luck! What kinda seeds you order?

Oh for sure. It's soooo much better now. I'd say I'm at around 5 inches now, opposed to maybe 3 or so before. No more burns and no stretching either. All the nodes are actually growing a lot closer than I was expecting because they both seemed so tall and skinny before, but they're really filling out now.

Much thanks. You gonna keep track of your grow when you start too?

I ordered some White Widow Autoflowers and Blue Mystic Autoflowers.

Yeah I definitely think I'll start a journal once I get them sprouted out of the ground.  Seems like a good way to help occupy the time while they're growing!  Probably won't be for another couple weeks as I don't expect the seeds in until next week if they make it through.

19. #19 Scars, Nov 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2014
    Great move on the coco and aloe. You should add coco to the soil too. Coco keeps a great balance in water/air within the medium and the aloe helps with nutrient absorption. The coco water will still be beneficial with vitamins and other sources of food for you babies.

20. Does anyone know when and where I should start topping? I've got 5 fingered leaves on the 3rd node and the 4th node is just starting to come out. Should I top above the 3rd node or should I wait till the 5th node comes in and top above the 4th?

Ah I gotcha. Well can't wait to see it when you start.

Sweet deals will keep in mind. I might add some in my next grow then. Do you have any brands or anything you'd recommend? I was kinda worried when I first watered them because they started drooping, but within like an hour or two they were back like nothing happened and they still look really good.