Trans* and Gender Variant Support Thread

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Greenunit, Nov 4, 2014.

1. I don't see anything wrong with that. Just look at these two!

[​IMG]

2. Yeah.

I do wish you would cut us Cis people some slack in the terminology department though.

Now isn't the time though, just keep looking hot.

3. I do cut people some slack. I understand that adjusting one's vocabulary takes time, effort, and practice. I correct people when they make a mistake, but it is important that I'm referred to in a way that reflects how I see myself. I try to be patient.

However, if someone is willfully disrespecting me and not making an effort, that's when I get angry.

Imagine if someone gave you a stupid nickname that you hated. You ask people not to use it, but they still do, it would piss you off. It's a similar situation.

4. On this forum, gun laws get a whole lot more support than the trans community.

Hello again guys/girls/etc.

5. gun laws are more important.

gun laws are more important.

7. I'm glad I left this for you to handle.

Was just gonna get angry like a silly sausage

8. Did you guys know that in Australia you can choose a third gender on your passport? That's pretty sweet. Germany offers a similar option but it's (as far as I know) only for birth certificates, for babies who's genitals are ambiguous (intersex).

I considered it too, but it probably wouldn't accomplish anything except an argument, which I don't want.

9. I've been private about my own struggles recently but checking in to provide support.

10. Of course, it's highly personal and if you don't want to share, don't.

Nice to see you pop in though :wub:

11. #31 Greenunit, Nov 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2014
  12. It feels as though the more I try to control my dysphoria, the worse it gets :(

I'm entertaining the idea of surgery(ies) now, although I dunno if I can access that as a person who doesn't want to totally cross over to being entirely male.

13. What do you mean by control it?

14. Cope by wearing binders, changing my name/pronouns, etc.

Like, the more I wear a binder, the more uncomfortable I feel without it.

15. Handy dandy pronoun guide!
    [​IMG]

16. Gun laws are more important, period.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. This is a thread about trans* issues and not gun control, feel free to express your opinions elsewhere, as you are not adding anything supportive to this thread.

If you feel gun laws are more important than feeling comfortable with your sexuality, I guess you have no place in this thread, so I'll help you out and make it easy to resist posting in this thread...

Sorry 'bout that people...this thread is bound to ruffle a few feathers here and there, and people who refuse to understand will probably troll it...we'll do our best to help keep them at bay as things are reported...carry on...:cool:

This will probably cause some more grumbling from certain parties but... OHIP covers top surgery if you are willing to take hormone therapy and change your sex on your birth certificate. I didn't get past the hormone therapy part. It's also a lot harder to get a referral to a surgeon if you don't want to go full on ftm.

20. Thanks 6. I've been feeling out some resources at school and made an appointment with a counsellor who apparently is helpful in regards to trans* things, so we'll see how that goes.